Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2010, 06:00 AM
Supreme Fan

Oh my gosh, yeah I bet it has

I've resigned myself to carrying my purse as well as a larger tote in order to carry my books. I"m reading the last Harry Potter and there's just no way that thing is fitting in my purse I probably need to get one of those more professional totes so I can just stick my wallet and books in there and only carry one bag.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Gabriela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:21 AM
Supreme Fan

Yeah, I just carry my backpack as a purse. It's not uncommon in my profession and a briefcase or something of the sort isn't necessary, so I just carry my backpack and put my wallet and phone and keys in there on top of the books and everything I carry for work like a notebook and pens and the like, so it works It just means that I get a work out every time I walk to and from work.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:18 AM
Master Fan

the added bonus of books - as well as entertainment, they can help with your workout
Old 11-09-2010, 06:12 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngel (View Post)
Yeah, I just carry my backpack as a purse. It's not uncommon in my profession and a briefcase or something of the sort isn't necessary, so I just carry my backpack and put my wallet and phone and keys in there on top of the books and everything I carry for work like a notebook and pens and the like, so it works It just means that I get a work out every time I walk to and from work.
I think I get paranoid that with my keys, wallet, and phone loose in there they're going to get lost or slip out somehow. But lately I've been contemplating just doing that - it'd make it so much easier

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 11-10-2010, 06:18 AM
Supreme Fan

Na, I mean, my backpack zips up just like a purse does, and it has several pockets so I can always keep it seperate from my work stuff so I'm not pulling out my keys or phone by accident.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Loyal Fan

I used to carry a book or two whenever I went out...even to bars...I'm always expecting that I would be bored with people, that I would just stay at rest rooms and read...but eversince ebook reader, not anymore...I could even read during a date and pretend I was just texting
Old 11-11-2010, 06:14 AM
Supreme Fan

that's not a bad idea

Today is the first day I'm not bringing my purse to work and just threw my wallet, etc in my bigger tote. I'm thinking I might actually buy one of the nicer looking totes/purses so it looks a little nicer and maybe has more pockets, like you were talking about Angel. It's definitely nice not having both a purse and a bag!

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 11-11-2010, 07:49 AM
Master Fan

I usually just carry a purse and my lunchbag to work, so sometimes the book will get through in with my lunch rather than into my purse
Old 11-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Total Fan

that's always a good idea to pack your book with your lunch so you read your book too.

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring, only Peeta can give me that."-Peeta/Katniss
MBfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:17 AM
Supreme Fan

I finally bought a big tote that has different sections so my wallet/keys/phone are in one pocket and then my book is in another, and I love it! It's so much easier than carrying both a purse and a bag I read over lunch a lot too, so it's so much easier just to take my one bag

I've actually found that I really love reading over lunch...it makes my lunch feel longer and it really helps me get through books since I don't always have time in the evening to read.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 12-16-2010, 08:29 AM
Loyal Fan

When I was younger, I used to bring books everywhere. Now, not really a lot.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." - Heather Cortez
austendarcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:06 PM
Total Fan

I agree with you Gabriela that it's nice to read during lunch. 30 min doesn't seem a lot but I enjoy it nonetheless.

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring, only Peeta can give me that."-Peeta/Katniss
Old 12-20-2010, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Reading during lunch is great.. My BFF and I often sit on one table eat and read

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:54 PM
Total Fan

I tend to bring a book with me everyday I was reading my book yesterday during my break at work.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

I kind of do carry book around with me. I take my iPod Touch with most places and I have an app on there called 101 Classic Novels.
browneyes106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread