Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Yeah, I thought it was
Old 07-19-2006, 01:23 AM
Master Fan

that is crazy.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:00 AM
Supreme Fan

I love signs that are really stupid like that. I saw some sign at the Grand Canyon that said, "Jumping over the side could cause harm" right at the edge of the canyon.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngel
I saw some sign at the Grand Canyon that said, "Jumping over the side could cause harm" right at the edge of the canyon.

Oh, and by the way - don't know if you know about it, but you've spelled 'avatar' wrongly
Old 07-22-2006, 08:40 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks, spelling and I don't get along. I once spelled Banana with two N's, Bananna, during a class spelling bee, junior year in high school. I never learned phonics so I don't know how sounds and letters really work, because I was already way past my class in reading so I just kind of ignored that part and sat in the corner with my own little books.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:25 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
don't know if you know about it, but you've spelled 'avatar' wrongly
Don't know if you know about it, but "incorrectly" is the more appropriate word usage. You would use "wrongly" for a phrase like "He was wrongly accused of murder."

You should read more.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiltonYale
Don't know if you know about it, but "incorrectly" is the more appropriate word usage. You would use "wrongly" for a phrase like "He was wrongly accused of murder."

You should read more.
Thanks for that, now I can quote you whenever my mum complains that I'm reading too much.

Bannana I used to get the word thief wrong all the time - I would spell it as theif and wonder why it looked, well, wrong.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:44 AM
Supreme Fan

I spelled until (untill) for years and got angel and angle mixed up all the time. It's like big, medical words I can spell, but little, normal ones, nope. And I always got Then and than mixed up.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:26 PM
Loyal Fan

My husband for the longest time spelled anyways neways. I asked him once if he was trying to shorten it, and he asked "what do you mean?"
Old 07-27-2006, 09:27 AM
Supreme Fan

I find it funny that with as much reading as I do my spelling isn't better. I have this huge vocabulary and know all these medical words because my parents are both in medicine, but I can't spell my way out of a paper bag.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngel
I spelled until (untill) for years and got angel and angle mixed up all the time. .

Same here, I still have trouble spelling, when posting I'll google the word I can't spell to get it's correct spelling.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozeninside
Same here, I still have trouble spelling, when posting I'll google the word I can't spell to get it's correct spelling.
I always have my e-mail open because AOL has spellcheck avaliable when you're writing an e-mail. My friends know if I'm slow IMing them it's because I'm looking up words.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

I can proudly say that I spell very well, but my grammar sucks. The only time I misspell stuff is when I'm typing fast and I'm too lazy to proofread.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shera
My husband for the longest time spelled anyways neways. I asked him once if he was trying to shorten it, and he asked "what do you mean?"

My spelling is not bad, and my grammar is pretty good. My vocabulary isn't that big though, and the words I learn I tend to forget after a while. So meanings of words like 'quixotic' I keep forgetting. What I'm bad in, though, is pronounciation. Strange.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:38 AM
Supreme Fan

I'm so excited right now. I leave for school in just under two weeks and I found out that I got an awesome dorm room. I have a single, which means no crazy roommates, and the dorm I'm staying in has a gym and a food court. I'm so happy about it...sorry, I had to vent my excited news.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread