Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2006, 06:12 AM
Master Fan

Sarah, I hope the surgery goes well. My sis-in-law had the same surgery. After over a year of intense back pain and several trips to the physical therapist and chiropractory, and strong pain meds, a trip to the emergency room determined it was infact the gall bladder and they removed it.

Summers are so freaking lazy around my house. Like really, really lazy.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

It's been forever since I've been here hangs head in shame

How are the rest of the book fans? Doing awesomely well I hope

I hope that everyone has a safe and happy and celebratory 4th of July :fireworks: <-- we need a fireworks smilie

Carol
Old 07-04-2006, 10:01 AM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

For some bizarre reason we can't quite understand, we didn't qualify for the matched savings program. But we've started saving on our own and in a few months, we will be able to save a lot more than we are right now. So it's probably two more years in this festering dump of an apartment instead of one, which makes me insane, but at least it's not five or ten years. As long as the landlord fixes our very dangerous furnace, I think I can hold onto my sanity.

I'm not sure what I'm doing today since it's raining again. I think I might be going to Lake George for fireworks, if it doesn't thunderstorm.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soz
For some bizarre reason we can't quite understand, we didn't qualify for the matched savings program. But we've started saving on our own and in a few months, we will be able to save a lot more than we are right now. So it's probably two more years in this festering dump of an apartment instead of one, which makes me insane, but at least it's not five or ten years. As long as the landlord fixes our very dangerous furnace, I think I can hold onto my sanity.

I'm not sure what I'm doing today since it's raining again. I think I might be going to Lake George for fireworks, if it doesn't thunderstorm.
I'm sorry to hear about the savings thing. That really sucks but I understand it. I'm trying to build credit right now because I'm only 19 and have never had anything like that, but I can't do anything to build my credit because I have no credit. It's an evil, evil cycle.

I found out that I'm probably going away to University this year, which is exciting. I tried to go once before last year but had some relationship problems with my ex and ended up coming back home. I was also paying $24,000 a year as opposed to $14,000 for my new school. So I'll be leaving home for the first time in about two months, as long as I get accepted. I'm nervous, but also really, really excited. I may be able to get a single room so I won't have to live with a roommate. I love hanging out with other people, I just have trouble living with them.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:38 PM
Absolute Fan

I haven't posted in the O/T thread here yet so.....I just thought I would say Hi.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

OK, this is kind of random, but have any high schoolers here taken any AP (Advanced Placement) exams? If you took some this past May, have you gotten your scores yet? I'm dying to get mine. Thanks for any help.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:02 PM
Supreme Fan

You should get your scores anyday now. I got mine around the 12th of July. I took the AP English test senior year and got my scores when I got back from a family vacation to Ireland.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh sweet, thanks.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love this board's colours.

I jsut wanna say that, that's all.

Old 07-07-2006, 07:56 AM
Supreme Fan

I had a great night last night. Kenny Chesney was in town so I went to the concert on his "The Road and the Radio Tour." Jake Owen and Dierks Bentley opened for him and in general it was just a great night. I'm not a huge country fan, but I love live music, so it was great.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

^ Kenny Chesney concert I am so jealous !!!

Hello fellow book lovers

I'm back from my camping trip I had a good time The best part was probably riding the four-wheelers.... of course, I got us a little lost I'll post pics once I upload them, download them, etc You know it takes me a while

Anyway, on a different note, or maybe it is a related note, I thought I'd drop off a few pics that were taken of Sis and I a few months ago

Sis and I in front of the rose garden at my house…notice the new siding

Me hugging Sis

Close-up

I hope you all are having an awesome weekend

Carol
Old 07-14-2006, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Hello fellow Book Fans

How is everyone today? Awesome, I hope

As you can probably tell, I’m in a great mood Vacation does that to me….. yeah, I know… I keep rubbing it in, but it is just so nice to be on vacation and have absolutely nothing to do. Well, maybe I misspoke, there, as I do have lots to do I’m still going to work a few days a week (in fact, I went to work on Mon and Tues and Thurs of this past week) and I’ll have to go in a few more days over the next few weeks. Plus, I’ve been working hard on the house…. Have my master bath totally ready except for a few last minute decorating details such as hanging plants And today I worked on moving more stuff into the master closet

But at least what I’m doing is on my own schedule

I hope you all have an awesome weekend

Carol
Old 07-16-2006, 11:42 PM
Master Fan

Hello, all! This is my first time posting here, too. Heh. Propping this place up a bit. I hope everyone's having a great time! (Carol certainly is).
Old 07-17-2006, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapraleif
Hello, all! This is my first time posting here, too. Heh. Propping this place up a bit. I hope everyone's having a great time! (Carol certainly is).
Yep... I am having a good time

Okay, ya'll I just had to post these pics A few months ago I met up with several of my college friends in our old college town to celebrate two friends' birthdays. We went to a local bar that we (well, mostly they) used to frequent and played pool and hung out etc.

Notice the sign Being the dork I am, I HAD to take a picture

Read the words on this "spit sign" It's what was posted on the wall of the bar by the pool tables

Where else other than Oklahoma would we have a sign posted at bars asking the patrons not to spit in the ashtrays, etc

Me in front of the sign

Carol
Old 07-18-2006, 08:49 AM
Absolute Fan

OMG that is too funny!!!