Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2006, 03:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Wow that sounds cool - I guess it helps them decide what to keep - what's being watched etc?
It's end of school year for me (yes aged 28 - I'm doing part time!), I'm exhausted and eating, sleeping, dreaming chemistry - I really need some help.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:59 AM
Master Fan

Yellow Mustang Girl, that's awesome.

Soz, I didn't know classes like that existed. Congrat. You don't have to weed out your book collection.

Stefy, I thought that was her but I don't remember that scene in the anime. I shoudl go back and watch it.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

Star21, good luck with the chemistry.

Yellow Mustang Girl, that's really cool.

onionroach, I'm not sure if the homebuying classes are available in every state or not. A few of my friends have bought houses in the past few years and they did the homebuyer education classes and recommended them to us. We can get special grants if we qualify for them and attend the classes.

I'm only weeding out the books that have been passed along to me over the years from friends and family, plus the impulse purchases from the used bookstore. I'm not going through all 2500 or so books now though.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:46 AM
Absolute Fan

Onion- I don't really remember it either, but I haven't watched it in awhile.

LiveJournal
Old 05-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Master Fan

I have so many books, but I can't bear the thought of getting rid of any of them. I am such a collector. It makes my husband mad because there are books everywhere!
Old 05-04-2006, 06:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephine Leery
I have so many books, but I can't bear the thought of getting rid of any of them. I am such a collector. It makes my husband mad because there are books everywhere!
Same here. The hub has forbade any more bookshelves because he's hoping that it will curb my book buying. LOL
Old 05-04-2006, 06:39 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephine Leery
My mom has said, no more bookshelves, but as soon as I move out and get my own place, probably next summer, my whole living room will consist of a single chair, and four walls of book cases. LOL.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:29 PM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

When we get a house next year, my SO promised I will get my own room to use as a library/office. I think he thinks it will prevent books from piling up all over the house like they are in the apartment now. And it would also prevent the pain in the butt cat from scratching on my books because he won't be allowed in the room.

I have no problem getting rid of books that I didn't like (especially if I can trade them for books I want!), such as all of the Harlequins I've been given over the years. But I keep every book/series that I like and if I borrow a book from the library and like it, I have to buy my own copy.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:37 AM
Master Fan

It's really hard for me to get rid of books that I don't like. I keep hoping that I will like them later on down the road which I have for a few. It seems like I end up losing my favorite books (loaning them out) than my non-favorite books.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:07 AM
Absolute Fan

Yeah, me too. I want my friends to read the same books I love, so that we can talk about them. However, most of the time I forget that I loan them out until I decide to look for them and can't find them.

LiveJournal
Old 05-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Supreme Fan

I don't loan books anymore. I loaned a big stack to a friend a while back and never got them back even though I kept asking for them. If it's a book I didn't really like then I'll do it but other than that, my books stay with me.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

only on the books board would we still be talking about books on the OT thread.

I don't like loaning books either...I treat my books like prized possessions so I don't really like anyone else touching them.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 05-07-2006, 04:47 AM
Master Fan

I still loan books out because if I really love an author or book I like to spread the love. I don't mind buying replacements, although I loaned out the whole vampire series that Linda Lael Miller wrote and never got those back and I can't find those to rebuy. I'll eventually have to try ebay, I guess. I've got several books that aren't in print anymore that haven't been returned. Oh well.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:19 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't mind leanding books to my closest friends, they love reading almost (!) to the same extent I do, I quite like spreading the joy!
When I moved into my house, I put all of my favourite books onto my book shelves and put the rest in the attic. I now have 6 large boxes full of books up there - not including the books I left at my parents under the guise of me picking them up at some point in the future! It really is ridiculous. I have nothing else in the attic but books.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Supreme Fan

Yay! I got my grades for my first semester of university and I got all As. Now let me see if I can keep it up with my hectic schedule for next semester. I turn 19 tomorrow and start summer classes on Wednesday so it's going to be a busy week for me. Anyone else have any big plans coming up?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread