Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Supreme Fan

Alright, I have finally remembered one. Little Women by Louisia May Alcott
Old 06-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Absolute Fan

Not very many. The one that comes to mind is, The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. I was sad and depressed after finishing that book.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm such a crybaby... I cried when I read Tuesdays With Morrie, Brokeback Mountain and Angels and Demons.

I get easily carried away with the sad descriptions and heartfelt dialogues.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:37 AM
New Fan

I just finished A Time for Dancing this past weekend and was SOBBING like crazy at the end of it. So sad and touching. I haven't cried like that in ages lol. It's for teens..but I heard good things about it and read it anyhow (I'm 27) and really loved it!
Old 06-12-2006, 01:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Tuesdays With Morrie was a puddle for me. Then again, I cry reading Chicken Soup for the Soul.

Another one was 'My Sergei' by Ekaterina Gordeeva. Not fiction, but I went through two boxes of Puffs and had to blow dry the last chapers.
Dillon: I don't know you? You laugh out loud at comic strips; your favorite flavor ice cream flavor is vanilla caramel, you twist your hair when you’re anxious; you hum to yourself when you’re alone-or at least when you think you’re alone-but not on a bad day. (sheepish) I could go on.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

I really can't think of many books I cried at at the moment..hmm..

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince The last few chapters I just couldnt stop crying. I don't think I've ever cried that much reading a book before.

Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin - The end of this book got me thinking about the friendship between the chracters and I don't know it was just sad how it ended with them

That Was Then This Is Now by S.E Hinton - My friend let me borrow this in grade 9 when we were reading The Outsiders for class and it was one of those friendship books again..

A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks

Thats all I can think of right now...I looked up some that others mentioned and a lot of them sound good so I'll probably try and get some at the library to read sometime.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Passionate Fan

Harry Potter books – every one of them, I think...
Icon by neel luvs tony
Old 06-12-2006, 03:37 PM
Master Fan

The last three Harry Potter books for me, especially the last one! That was just too sad
Old 06-13-2006, 01:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Lovely Bones, I cried most of the way through that.

Kat | icon |
Old 06-13-2006, 03:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

I cried in the harry potter books when sirius died and when dumbeldore died but worse when sirius died cause i loved his character i even started hating JK for a while cause of that lo
"He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and can see the turn of the universe...and...he's wonderful"

Old 06-13-2006, 03:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

I cried while reading a boy called it now thats one sad and depressing story
"He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and can see the turn of the universe...and...he's wonderful"

Old 06-13-2006, 06:56 AM
Master Fan

^please don't double post. If you need to add to your message you can click the edit message in the lower right of your post.

The first Harry Potter book made me cry when Hagrid gave Harry the photo album with the pictures of his parents in it.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:31 AM
Supreme Fan

I never cried while reading Tuesdays with Morrie and when I read A Child Called It they had just come out with some stuff saying the author had made up a lot of his story, or exaggerated it I should say, so I just couldn't get into it.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Unfaithful~
^please don't double post. If you need to add to your message you can click the edit message in the lower right of your post.

The first Harry Potter book made me cry when Hagrid gave Harry the photo album with the pictures of his parents in it.
sorry about the double posts

I didn't cry when hagrid gave the photo album but i really cried whe sirius died I loved his character and i still dont believ hes dead i think he'll come back in the last book!

I dont think a child called it was exagerated I believe there are many things like that going on around the world as discribed in the book.

Old 06-14-2006, 07:00 PM
Master Fan

I am still a Sirius believer! I too think he'll come back!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread