Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2004, 06:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

ok.. i really want to go see the show taped this upcoming season.. but the minumum age is 18.. i'm 17.. and i'll have an adult with me.. does anyone know if they are super strict about ages? will they check me to see if i'm 18? my b-day's in march.. and i was planning on going in august.. so i'll still be 17.. someone please answer me on this, thanks.

My Fanfic
Old 06-13-2004, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Who sings "Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song"?
Old 06-13-2004, 06:31 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by rocky845
Who sings "Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song"?
BJ Thomas

Logan: My underbelly is rock-hard. It can go all night.
Old 06-13-2004, 06:34 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Rae 316
ok.. i really want to go see the show taped this upcoming season.. but the minumum age is 18.. i'm 17.. and i'll have an adult with me.. does anyone know if they are super strict about ages? will they check me to see if i'm 18? my b-day's in march.. and i was planning on going in august.. so i'll still be 17.. someone please answer me on this, thanks.

You have to be 18, doesn't matter if a parent comes with. =( It sucks. They cut down on that real hard when people were showing fake IDs.

I think it used to be 21, thank god it isn't anymore because I would have had NO chance.

I guess you could call ahead and find out if you want, but if that were the case, I think everyone else would be, too.

Old 06-13-2004, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by tenaciousluci
BJ Thomas
Yeah, I wasn't sure, because I know of three different artists who have sung that song: BJ Thomas, Allman Brothers and Mac Davis. He's the original, right?
Old 06-14-2004, 03:41 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by rocky845
Yeah, I wasn't sure, because I know of three different artists who have sung that song: BJ Thomas, Allman Brothers and Mac Davis. He's the original, right?
I'm pretty sure, yeah.

Old 06-14-2004, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm pretty sure, yeah.
Alright then. Thanks, Luci. Sorry for bugging you about it.
Old 06-15-2004, 05:40 PM
Administrator

I just started watching the repeats of this show, so I have a lot of catching up to do, but did Hyde and Jackie date first, (because I saw them at a "first date" at Red's 4th of July barbeque) and then she dated Kelso, and then her and Hyde got back together? Is that correct?

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-15-2004, 05:52 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry D
I just started watching the repeats of this show, so I have a lot of catching up to do, but did Hyde and Jackie date first, (because I saw them at a "first date" at Red's 4th of July barbeque) and then she dated Kelso, and then her and Hyde got back together? Is that correct?

Jackie and Kelso dated first until Kelso cheated on her with Eric's sister, Laurie. Jackie caught them after awhile and took comfort in Hyde's (resistant) arms, she followed and annoyed him until the episode you just saw where they go on that date. Right after that episode they dismissed the J/H plot and Jackie got back with Kelso until the end of season four, where Jackie tricks Kelso into proposing. Kelso runs off to California for the summer and Jackie breaks up with him via snail mail. Jackie and Hyde have a summer 'fling' which you see in season five, then develop into a real relationship.

You should know, though, consistency? Not a big factor in this show.

Old 06-15-2004, 05:54 PM
M3
Master Fan

Quote:
Mmmmm, not quite.

She and Kelso were dating, broke up in Season One and she ended up going to prom with Hyde (because she cried). Kelso and Jackie get back together at prom, and are together until the end of Season Two when they break up. Again.

Season Three is when the "date" happens after the barbeque, but nothing happens after that and Jackie and Kelso get back together. Again.

In Season Four, Jackie and Kelso break up or are about to break up (again), and the season ends with Jackie more or less telling Kelso they're going to get married, and he runs away to California instead. Effectively breaking them up. Again.

For good measure, over the summer he's gone, Jackie writes him a letter telling him he's a dog and they're done. So it's really officially over.

Then she starts swapping spit with Hyde in Season Five, and about mid-way through they're "dating". And not just being ****ty together.

Helpful?

Don't wanna be an American idiot. One nation controlled by the media.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Old 06-15-2004, 05:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by M3

Helpful?

Well, it was better than my answer.

Old 06-15-2004, 06:03 PM
M3
Master Fan

Quote:
Well, it was better than my answer.
We're the jinx twins today, aren't we...

I just wanted to portray the true wacky indecisiveness that is Jackie. I was going to say "rampant **** who likes to castrate men" but I thought that might be a bit much, no?

Two bottles of wine and Donna is hers. Let's see Jackie castrate THAT! Ahah.

Old 06-15-2004, 06:27 PM
Administrator

Thanks to both of you! I myself could never date Jackie, because she's too self-absorbed and whiny, but the actress who plays her does a great job.

One thing I noticed when I compare the earlier episodes to the new ones is that the actors looked a lot younger in the earlier seasons.

I also enjoy seeing Tommy Chong on the show, because I was a huge Cheech and Chong fan back in the Seventies, and I enjoyed them best when I was under the influence of a certain substance that the kids allude to in the show. Did they ever actually show the kids smoking a joint? In the shows I've seen, they hint at it, and you sometimes see smoke in the air, but I never saw anyone actually smoking pot yet, but then I haven't seen many of the shows. Thanks!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-15-2004, 06:31 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Did they ever actually show the kids smoking a joint? In the shows I've seen, they hint at it, and you sometimes see smoke in the air, but I never saw anyone actually smoking pot yet, but then I haven't seen many of the shows. Thanks!

They never showed them, no. But in Cat Fight Club, at the very end, you could see Hyde lighting something of the sort. Plus, in one of the episodes (When the Levee Breaks, S5), the parents start to come down the stairs and they scramble from the circle and start waving at the air and open the door to let the smoke out. It's great, heh.

Old 06-15-2004, 07:27 PM
M3
Master Fan

Quote:
Thanks to both of you! I myself could never date Jackie, because she's too self-absorbed and whiny, but the actress who plays her does a great job.
I think it's pretty well known through the fandom, Jackie is not for dating, merely sex. Mila too, she's very hyper, I dunno if I could stand being around her for very long... Unless I doped her with Ritalin.

Luci, I think he was lighting an incense stick. I know I've seen Young Hyde do that, and I know there's at least one occassion where Danny Hyde lights incense in the frame.