Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2004, 10:28 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Good_Day:
<STRONG>I'll TRY from MEMORY!

Joseph Gordon Levitt was in "Eric's Buddy" as Buddy Morgan.

and French Stewart was "Daniel" who was trying to win the same van as Kelso. (Title escapes me and I just saw it yesterday.)

Carol

</STRONG>
Also Wayne Knight as Eric's angel. =p (Seinfeld fans..."Newman" and the cop on 3rd rock)

Logan: My underbelly is rock-hard. It can go all night.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Good_Day and Luci [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img].
Old 05-11-2004, 01:39 PM
Ultimate Fan

New Forum FAQ

I'm going to paste everything I've posted on the OT thread concerning how to work with the changes and some answers to FAQ. Blah, blah, blah basically.

Smilies--

http://www.fanforum.com/forums/misc....on=showsmilies

To make advanced smilies....you're going to have to go the above page and either memorize the ones you like or keep going back. There isn't any option anymore to just click them, unfortunately.

~~

HTML is off because this board uses UBB code, that isn't your fault...you don't need HTML turned on, it's more complicated than UBB.

Attachments aren't on because...well, I honestly don't know. I didn't even realize we had the attachment option in the first place.
~~

If you're losing your post count, it's because some mods were asked (not us...neither of us saw that message) to delete and clean some threads. Every time they deleted a thread...the posts disappeared and the numbers dropped. So, if you had 50 posts one day and the next you had 25...it's because those 25 posts you made in that thread are gone. None of the mods now are deleting threads so we should be fine.
~~

The star ranking doesn't apply anymore, you'd have to make 2000 (or 1000, not sure) posts to get the next title.
~~

From Chi159--Moderator Manager

Hmm…threads don’t seem to be missing for me. I’m not sure what is up with that. Maybe there is a glitch or it’s an issue with your computer. Either way, I’m sure things will be sorted out in the next few days.

For those of you frustrated by the slowness of the boards, we’re all in the same boat. It’s not ideal, but something that usually happens with a change of this magnitude. Please try to be patient while the server acclimates to the upgrade.

Also, I believe someone mentioned it, but you aren’t allowed to change your screen name. The one you have now is the one you’re stuck with.

~~
From Johnnie--Techie Support Manager

Originally posted by chiltonchick333
Last night before the update I had 140 posts, then today when I signed on I checked and it says I only have 63? I'm really mad about this becuase I spent the whole weekend posting. Is their anyway to fix this?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you had read the announcement and the previous posts on this thread (and the old boards) you'd have seen that the back up is from our status as of Wednesday of last week. This announcement was up for awhile before the move, giving people time to change to another login name and such prior to the move. All threads and posts after Wednesday afternoon are not returning...

~

As quoted by The Chickie

Just some tips for people not familiar with this format...an envelope with a black dot means you've made a post in the thread, if you click the down arrow in a box it takes you to the first new post since the last time you visited the board (whether it's on the last page or not).

Subscribing to a thread means that you'll get an e-mail every time someone posts in that thread. To disable that option, go to "User CP" and then "Edit options"

And, a message from a very optimistic sarzy

Obviously we are only on day 1 or 2 of the new forums. There are bound to be teething problems, unforeseeable hiccups, general maintenance issues etc for the next few days.

Johnnie and Raonaild have worked tirelessly to try and bring the most streamlined and aesthetically effective FF to us, for our enjoyment, not to mention trying to meet the requirements of Goldenboy, as it his website, and Jerry D who is effectively here to run the joint.

Nobody gets paid, nobody gets to claim all the time they have spent preparing the new forums as overtime. These people are VOLUNTEERS who give of there time and considerable skills to make FF even better than it already is.

So you may not like the new style, it will take some getting used to, we will all make errors, and probably get frustrated and confused, but hey, it's a new toy--play with it, explore it, see if you can break it, that's what it's there for.

Just remember that FF has gone through a number of visual and application changes over the years. What do you think people said the last time it was changed?

Please try to be patient and understanding. Have you ever known the team of people I mentioned above to let you down in the past? And if you don't know who the team are; well then you just answered my question.

The avatar space is now 45X45 pixels or 10240 bytes. You can only use a customized avatar after you've reached making 500 posts at FF.
~~

If you guys have any questions that aren't answered here or you can't find the answers to on the Q&A thread, just PM me and I'll see if I could find or explain it to you.

Try to keep all questions about the new forums on this thread... Or any questions for that matter.

Personal questions, I suppose go in the PMing area. =p

Last edited by Lucii; 05-16-2004 at 11:41 AM
Old 05-12-2004, 12:56 PM
Extreme Fan

I have a retarded question - is the next new episode after tonight's going to air on Sunday? Because I checked TVGuide.com and the one coming on Sunday sounds completely new to me...unless it's the one I missed for the stupid tornados. But I think that one was called Substitute or something. Anyway, I think I remember reading T7S was going to be coming on Sundays again, it's just I didn't realize they were NEW episodes. If that is the case, I am so going to forget. You just watch.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:14 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kryssi
I have a retarded question - is the next new episode after tonight's going to air on Sunday? Because I checked TVGuide.com and the one coming on Sunday sounds completely new to me...unless it's the one I missed for the stupid tornados. But I think that one was called Substitute or something. Anyway, I think I remember reading T7S was going to be coming on Sundays again, it's just I didn't realize they were NEW episodes. If that is the case, I am so going to forget. You just watch.
Yeah, the 150th episode will air Sunday.

Old 05-12-2004, 01:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by tenaciousluci
Yeah, the 150th episode will air Sunday.
Wooo, thanks! So then it's just a ONE time thing...Good. *sigh*

EDIT "this server is too busy, this server is too busy, this server is too busy, this server is too busy, this server is too busy, this server is too busy, this server is too busy, this server is too busy, this server is too busy, this server is too busy, this server is too busy" SHUUUUT THE FUUUUUUCK UUUUUPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2004, 06:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
EDIT "this server is too busy, this server is too busy, this server is too busy, this server is too busy, this server is too busy, this server is too busy, this server is too busy, this server is too busy, this server is too busy, this server is too busy, this server is too busy" SHUUUUT THE FUUUUUUCK UUUUUPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ditto!

I'M A REBELLIOUS FORBIDDEN ZEN GOON MASTER!
Shipper for:J/H,E/D,R/K,E/H,J/E,F/K

~La La La Leah~
Old 05-12-2004, 11:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I'll PM you now, [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
would you be kind enough to pm me also. I have tried to use mirc in the past & failed. I know a lot about comps, but that left me clueless.
thank you very kindly

My kids, My life, My world!!
17, 9,7,4 and one in the oven baking <3
Old 05-13-2004, 02:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Wooo, thanks! So then it's just a ONE time thing...Good. *sigh*

I apologize for laughing! I share your frustration, it keeps happening to me too....it's just very funny to see it "in print" !

I have a question Ms. Mods! It's nothing important so whenever.....I was just wondering .....you know how they show "who's on the board" up the top? If I leave my comp on the board and walk away (as I do all day) does it show me as "on the board"? or is that only if I do some activity on the board? I would hate to think someone was responding to one of my posts and thought I was ignoring them!
Old 05-13-2004, 04:05 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eoyore
If I leave my comp on the board and walk away (as I do all day) does it show me as "on the board"? or is that only if I do some activity on the board? I would hate to think someone was responding to one of my posts and thought I was ignoring them!
Yeah, if you're logged in and on the forum, it shows you up there. If you want, you could go to your edit options and pick 'yes' for Invisible Mode so no one thinks you're ignoring them. ;p

Old 05-14-2004, 03:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah, if you're logged in and on the forum, it shows you up there. If you want, you could go to your edit options and pick 'yes' for Invisible Mode so no one thinks you're ignoring them. ;p
Oh thank you! ....I might do that......I'll think a little on it.......it's kind of a decision between "seeing my name up in lights" or having people think me a snob!
Old 05-14-2004, 09:35 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PPD
Just a little FYI, (This Sunday is the 150th episode of the series to be produced but it is the 151st episode to be aired.)
That's nice.

Old 05-15-2004, 03:48 PM
Master Fan

Why is it that I don't have a picture underneath my name anymore? Everyone else seems to have one except me....
Old 05-15-2004, 04:04 PM
Ultimate Fan

Re: Avatar

Quote:
Originally posted by Sadeyes9074
Why is it that I don't have a picture underneath my name anymore? Everyone else seems to have one except me....
Yeah, all the avies disappeared when we switched. Go to "User CP" and "Edit Options" scroll to the bottom and choose the one you want.

Old 05-16-2004, 01:37 PM
Master Fan

Has the show explained what Fez does all day? The boys have jobs, the girls are at school/college, but what does Fez do all day? Its been bugging me and I wanted to know if I'd missed it!