Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2004, 05:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Memorable Behind the Scenes Moments

Rules
* [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img] spoilers- If you have a BTS moment from a future episode you can share it as long as it doesn't tell anything about the episode. (Correct me if I'm wrong Ambrosia [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] )

I've been looking for a behind the scenes thread for a while and since I couldn't find one I created one myself. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I don't know if this is allowed or not, but I figured I would give it a try. So post away. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'M A REBELLIOUS FORBIDDEN ZEN GOON MASTER!
Shipper for:J/H,E/D,R/K,E/H,J/E,F/K

~La La La Leah~
Old 03-25-2004, 06:58 PM
Extreme Fan

No correction needed [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. I think this is a great idea and I look forward to any stories those lucky few who go to the tapings can share [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].
Old 03-26-2004, 01:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

I've been to three tapings. It's been awhile but I can remember a few things.

When they were filming "Join Together" there were a lot of scenes where Danny couldn't stop laughing. One of which was the scene where Hyde and Kelso were talking about Hyde's feelings for Jackie when they were sitting in the chairs in the Forman driveway. The scene where Danny has his hand on his face and he was smirking he actually started laughing so they had to cut away.

Also in "I'm Free" there was supposed to be a kiss when Jackie goes up to Hyde and tells him how foxy it is that he's sensitive. They shot the scene that was aired and then Danny and Mila went to talk to the director and they did the scene with a pretty hot kiss. They actually had to do the kiss a couple time because Danny kept messing up on his line right after the kiss. I was always curious whose idea it was to put in the kiss. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I know there's more but I can't remember right now. I'll write more when I go back and watch the episodes I went to. Maybe that'll jog my memory. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Lorelai: So, ethics?
Rory: Highly subjective and completely overrated.
Lorelai: That's my girl.

Old 03-26-2004, 05:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Oriana:
<STRONG>I've been to three tapings. It's been awhile but I can remember a few things.

When they were filming "Join Together" there were a lot of scenes where Danny couldn't stop laughing. One of which was the scene where Hyde and Kelso were talking about Hyde's feelings for Jackie when they were sitting in the chairs in the Forman driveway. The scene where Danny has his hand on his face and he was smirking he actually started laughing so they had to cut away.

Also in "I'm Free" there was supposed to be a kiss when Jackie goes up to Hyde and tells him how foxy it is that he's sensitive. They shot the scene that was aired and then Danny and Mila went to talk to the director and they did the scene with a pretty hot kiss. They actually had to do the kiss a couple time because Danny kept messing up on his line right after the kiss. I was always curious whose idea it was to put in the kiss. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I know there's more but I can't remember right now. I'll write more when I go back and watch the episodes I went to. Maybe that'll jog my memory. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Just out of curiousity...are these guys dating, b/c they always seem to try to get a kissing scene in an episode...well that's what people have said anyway [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~La La La Leah~
Old 03-26-2004, 06:01 PM
M3
Master Fan

Um... what do I remember...

The funniest ones were Laura walking onto Topher's heels as they came into a scene, and he stopped because of it and she kinda walked right into him. They laughed, she said sorry, they tried it again. I think she was laughing the next time (because of the heels) and they did it a fourth time. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

And watching Debra Jo mess up her lines several times in a row and get a high five from Danny.

Seeing Don Stark sitting chillin' in the dark Forman living room while they taped something in the kitchen was cute and a little sad. I think some lady was sitting over there too on the couch during a scene, but she wasn't cast, and didn't seem all that crew like... but then, who can tell anymore.

Ashton coming out during introductions and picking up Debra Jo and I think swinging her around? Cuteness.

Danny tiptoeing around after he left the scene. You don't see grown men tiptoe these days [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

And probably only memorable to me, but I liked seeing Topher and Danny chatting while they waited before a scene. Because you don't see them out anywhere together and they never seem to get character scenes together. It was the one where Hyde asks Red to tell the story about the virgins in church again, so Danny's sitting down low and looking up and Topher's looking down. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Aw. Not real life shipping, but just friendshipping. Because they ARE friends, dammit, they ARE.

And the most memorable ever. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Wait. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] OK. It's the scene before Kelso makes Brooke wait outside the kitchen, and most of the young cast is in the kitchen as are David Trainer and two others, I forget who, and Mila's sitting on the end of the counter, Danny's on a chair on the one side and Wilmer is leaning on the counter on the other side of Mila, and they're kinda talking. So some girl in the audience screams "I love you Danny!" and the cast all looks up, and some other girl yells "I LUST you Danny!" and Wilmer.... [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] .... Wilmer half yells "I want to sleep with you Danny!" And they all laugh.

Danny didn't seem impressed, moved, or worried by the girls though yelling or by Wilmer. Kinda funny. I mean, he laughed at Wil but that was it.

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] *sigh* I will repeat that story every day till the day I die if I have to. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

Don't wanna be an American idiot. One nation controlled by the media.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Old 03-26-2004, 06:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by M3:
<STRONG>Um... what do I remember...

Seeing Don Stark sitting chillin' in the dark Forman living room while they taped something in the kitchen was cute and a little sad. I think some lady was sitting over there too on the couch during a scene, but she wasn't cast, and didn't seem all that crew like... but then, who can tell anymore.

Ashton coming out during introductions and picking up Debra Jo and I think swinging her around? Cuteness.

Danny tiptoeing around after he left the scene. You don't see grown men tiptoe these days [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

And probably only memorable to me, but I liked seeing Topher and Danny chatting while they waited before a scene. Because you don't see them out anywhere together and they never seem to get character scenes together. It was the one where Hyde asks Red to tell the story about the virgins in church again, so Danny's sitting down low and looking up and Topher's looking down. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Aw. Not real life shipping, but just friendshipping. Because they ARE friends, dammit, they ARE.

And the most memorable ever. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Wait. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] OK. It's the scene before Kelso makes Brooke wait outside the kitchen, and most of the young cast is in the kitchen as are David Trainer and two others, I forget who, and Mila's sitting on the end of the counter, Danny's on a chair on the one side and Wilmer is leaning on the counter on the other side of Mila, and they're kinda talking. So some girl in the audience screams "I love you Danny!" and the cast all looks up, and some other girl yells "I LUST you Danny!" and Wilmer.... [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] .... Wilmer half yells "I want to sleep with you Danny!" And they all laugh.

Danny didn't seem impressed, moved, or worried by the girls though yelling or by Wilmer. Kinda funny. I mean, he laughed at Wil but that was it.

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] *sigh* I will repeat that story every day till the day I die if I have to. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]</STRONG>
1.) Awww...poor Don [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Sittin all alone in the dark

2.)Any cast interaction with Debra Jo is adorable [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

3.) Danny tiptoeing=hilarious [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ...but not as hilarious as those girls screamin that out! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I can't believe they'd say that! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I bet he didn't respond, b/c he's so used to that truthful statement [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

4.) And I really do wish that Danny and Topher would hang out more...my God I'm pathetic...I can't believe I'm actually thinking about celebrity friendships [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I need to take up a hobby. Maybe I'll start knitting...but that's off topic [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]

~La La La Leah~
Old 03-26-2004, 07:12 PM
Addicted Fan

Well I am bored, so this might take a while.lol

"The Promise Ring" was my first filming.
In the scene where Eric gets mad at Hyde and tells him he doesn't know as much as he thinks..Topher messed up his lines and got SOOOO mad at himself. Like REALLY ticked! He was dropping the F word left and right.lol

I was shocked at how small the set was. Like so much smaller than I thought it would be. And I was surprised at how close the audiance was to the set.

My fav moment was Topher walking RIGHT up to my friend and I to sign our scripts. He was on the set talking to someone and he looked at us, walked up and signed...sigh... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I briefly talked to Kurtwood too, he was super nice. I told him my dad was a big fan and he told me to tell him hi.lol

I was also at "Tornado Prom", "The Crunge" and "The Kids Are Alright"..I'll post about the soon. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-26-2004: Message edited Dana_Lana ]
Old 03-26-2004, 07:37 PM
M3
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mila_Masterson:
<STRONG>3.) Danny tiptoeing=hilarious [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ...but not as hilarious as those girls screamin that out! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I can't believe they'd say that! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I bet he didn't respond, b/c he's so used to that truthful statement [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

4.) And I really do wish that Danny and Topher would hang out more...my God I'm pathetic...I can't believe I'm actually thinking about celebrity friendships [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I need to take up a hobby. Maybe I'll start knitting...but that's off topic [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] This is my first TV show fandom. So.... nothing is pathetic! Just think, ten years ago there were no websites or internet communities and message boards, all the fans had were fan clubs and crap! Now people go to tapings and tell all on the net. How cool.

I was surprised (and a little bummed) how stoic and serious Laura and Topher were between their takes/scenes. Wilmer and Mila and Danny were all cracking up and talking during their little breaks, but Topher and Laura kinda just stood there. When they were sitting at the kitchen table they chatted briefly, but seriously, while David Trainer talked to Debra Jo I think. Otherwise they kept their mouths shut.

I would love to know how often the girls yell for Danny. And I was surprised there was no yelling for Ashton (considering the amount of low rise hoochie jeans and passion pink lip gloss slathered on in the audience).

I was torn with what to watch sometimes, because the camera work is so neat, and there's so many people behind the scenes to watch (like the Polaroid lady, seriously, WHAT is her job!?), but then there is the stuff being filmed, and then when people leave the scene, like Danny.... I actually remembering thinking "OK, you run a Danny site, remember to watch HIM" which is why I caught the tiptoeing. He was having issues with the sunglasses being clean enough too.

And some chick with a clipboard was around to hold his coffee slurpee. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] There's a job. Clean Danny's sunglasses, hold his drink. How do you even word that on a resume!? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Don't wanna be an American idiot. One nation controlled by the media.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:23 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by M3:
<STRONG>

And some chick with a clipboard was around to hold his coffee slurpee. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] There's a job. Clean Danny's sunglasses, hold his drink. How do you even word that on a resume!? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>

"Danny Masterson's bitch without the benefits."

Up to par? ;p

Logan: My underbelly is rock-hard. It can go all night.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by M3:
<STRONG>And the most memorable ever. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Wait. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] OK. It's the scene before Kelso makes Brooke wait outside the kitchen, and most of the young cast is in the kitchen as are David Trainer and two others, I forget who, and Mila's sitting on the end of the counter, Danny's on a chair on the one side and Wilmer is leaning on the counter on the other side of Mila, and they're kinda talking. So some girl in the audience screams "I love you Danny!" and the cast all looks up, and some other girl yells "I LUST you Danny!" and Wilmer.... [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] .... Wilmer half yells "I want to sleep with you Danny!" And they all laugh.

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] *sigh* I will repeat that story every day till the day I die if I have to. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Classic! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] this story. Why you haven't shared it with me before now, I have NO idea... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2004, 08:55 PM
Addicted Fan

I love this thread! Since I live on the opposite coast of tapings (and I still don't think I'm old enough! ), I adore living vicariously though all of your experiences! Come on people--I need all the details you think are stupid and unimportant!! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I think I found the one

Icon by Rinslet
Old 03-26-2004, 10:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by M3:
<STRONG>

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] This is my first TV show fandom. So.... nothing is pathetic! Just think, ten years ago there were no websites or internet communities and message boards, all the fans had were fan clubs and crap! Now people go to tapings and tell all on the net. How cool.

I was surprised (and a little bummed) how stoic and serious Laura and Topher were between their takes/scenes. Wilmer and Mila and Danny were all cracking up and talking during their little breaks, but Topher and Laura kinda just stood there. When they were sitting at the kitchen table they chatted briefly, but seriously, while David Trainer talked to Debra Jo I think. Otherwise they kept their mouths shut.

I would love to know how often the girls yell for Danny. And I was surprised there was no yelling for Ashton (considering the amount of low rise hoochie jeans and passion pink lip gloss slathered on in the audience).

I was torn with what to watch sometimes, because the camera work is so neat, and there's so many people behind the scenes to watch (like the Polaroid lady, seriously, WHAT is her job!?), but then there is the stuff being filmed, and then when people leave the scene, like Danny.... I actually remembering thinking "OK, you run a Danny site, remember to watch HIM" which is why I caught the tiptoeing. He was having issues with the sunglasses being clean enough too.

And some chick with a clipboard was around to hold his coffee slurpee. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] There's a job. Clean Danny's sunglasses, hold his drink. How do you even word that on a resume!? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Wow! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I had no idea that Topher and Laura didn't talk that much maybe it was that day. I hope so, b/c even though I get annoyed (sometimes) by E/D I'd still like to think that Topher and Laura get along. Ecspecially since they have such great chemistry on screen [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] And as for extreme Ashton fans...well I'm starting to think most of his fans are too young to even get into the tapings. But the fact that Danny has tons of fans doesn't surprise me [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Man something about him is so hot it's just [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] ...ok better stop that [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] And all of those small jobs seem really cool! I wan't to be Danny's Biotch [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]...but then again I'm so desperate for a job right now that I'd be David Trainer's Biotch :look [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]but w/out benifits ) Now that's pathetic [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ 03-26-2004: Message edited Mila_Masterson ]

~La La La Leah~
Old 03-26-2004, 10:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Sorry double post [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ 03-26-2004: Message edited Mila_Masterson ]

~La La La Leah~
Old 03-26-2004, 10:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mila_Masterson:
<STRONG>2.)Any cast interaction with Debra Jo is adorable [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I'll second that, wholeheartedly. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Dude. I've been to three tapings and, had this been like a year ago, I would've been able to recall EVERYTHING. But...it's all gone now. [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2004, 01:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

OMG OMG OMG this thread is awesome.. i live in vancouver so there is like zero chance of me going to a taping (plus i'm too young [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img])
so yeah, POST POST POST!
whew. ok, done.
(prank day)