Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2012, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love the video TD, very well done!
I am an original”
Old 06-16-2012, 11:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Very nice fanvid, TD! I like the edition of Eric dancing. Like I said, it's nice to see E/D get the same treatment as J/H.
Thanks so much Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I love the video TD, very well done!
Thank you so much msstock !! Hopefully, I will have some time to do some edit corrections next week before the contest deadline
Old 06-18-2012, 04:02 PM
New Fan

Something I noticed when watching the other day is that compared to the others, Eric doesn't seem to get very possesive/territorial when it comes to Donna. At least in the later seasons, so the David Milbank incident is excluded.

One thing that you notice a lot with Hyde and Jackie is that he's always beating people, ok mostly Kelso, when they hit on or make suggestive comments to Jackie. But the guys do that to Donna a lot too, especially in season 5 with her school-girl uniform, and Eric never seems to even have a reaction.

Just something interesting I noticed.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 06-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRACiE x3 (View Post)
Something I noticed when watching the other day is that compared to the others, Eric doesn't seem to get very possesive/territorial when it comes to Donna. At least in the later seasons, so the David Milbank incident is excluded.

One thing that you notice a lot with Hyde and Jackie is that he's always beating people, ok mostly Kelso, when they hit on or make suggestive comments to Jackie. But the guys do that to Donna a lot too, especially in season 5 with her school-girl uniform, and Eric never seems to even have a reaction.

Gracie, it is apparent that in some ways E/D's relationship changed over the course of the 7 seasons .....Eric was a lot more insecure / possessive in the earlier seasons. Remember he also wrestled Kelso in the basement during an episode where Kelso hits on Donna ...i think its the one where Jackie and Fez do the roller skating competion so early S3.
Now in S5, they were newly back together after their breakup , when the whole schooluniform factor came into being ....so I dont see Eric as less possessive at this stage, but maybe just more secure, also he seemed to not mind the guys oogling Donna in the outfit as it was obviously harmless fun .....
But by S7, i definetely see a bit of , well i wouldnt want to say 'cooling off' in their relationship .....they just seemed to drift quite a bit, after the whole called off wedding scenario ...Eric really didnt seem to know what he wanted to be or do after he realised he was the one who didnt want to settle for a trailer park in point place and nor did he want to be the reason Donna settled for that either.
As has been pointed out many many times here, Eric and Donna seemed to be written out of character from that moment in season 6 when they stopped talking about their plans to go to Madison once Red was better again and instead set a date for their wedding ...season 1 to 5 ED would never have done this....even if they decided to get married, in character, they would have just done it immediately on the spur of the moment bcos it felt right ....and then gone ahead together to college .... Donna' s dad had the funds for her to study and Eric cud always have worked on campus or taken a student loan or even taken a job at Madison while Donna studied as an interim measure ....
the writers screwed us and E/D from a point in S6 ...even with the horrendous twists in the writing , they were still magic together though till the very end ......nothing cud ruin that and i suppose we have to be thankful the writers didnt get Donna married to a stripper in vegas in S8.

Last edited by topher's_Diva; 06-19-2012 at 11:15 AM
Old 06-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

Oh my God that picture... story of my life!
icon
Old 06-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

At times, it's the story of mine as well!
I am an original”
Old 06-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRACiE x3 (View Post)

I think that after the whole promise ring fiasco that Eric learned to be a lot less possesive/territorial when it comes to Donna. I also think that the one of the main differences that I've seen with Eric and Donna that I felt was always missing with Hyde and Jackie is that Eric and Donna learned not to have unrealistic expectations of the other person and they seemed to make a real effort to relax and enjoy their relationship. I also think that Eric and Donna showed that there doesn't have to be cheating or a third party involved for there to be drama involved. I also think that Donna and Eric after they broke up learned how to be friends and be supportive of each other and I don't think that Hyde and Jackie ever really learned to be friends after their break up so it really was awkward for Jackie and Hyde when they did break up. I also think that for Donna that Eric symbolized security and that he would be there for her even if they were broken up.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Old 06-24-2012, 01:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

How ironic that a couple of years after insisting that Donna wear his promise ring, Eric was the one to walk out on their wedding .....and yet in a way , because they are 17 and then 18 years old at the time ......it was inevitable in some ways.....
Old 06-24-2012, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaad, OOC writing, that was. They shouldn't have set a date before college in the first place, but Eric wouldn't have walked out. He just wouldn't have. They screwed up his character big-time because of Topher's impending departure.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaad, OOC writing, that was. They shouldn't have set a date before college in the first place, but Eric wouldn't have walked out. He just wouldn't have. They screwed up his character big-time because of Topher's impending departure.
I know....so many better ways in which they could have handled the story ....anyway...

I am writing a fanfic at the moment about Eric's year in Africa ...Lisa, I started yday inspired by Hyde's Long way home, so thank you again.

I was searching for a song that marks that moment when Eric leaves ....and I found a styx song called Babe released in ....September 1979 !!!!!!! how meant to be.

It so fits them in that moment and what he might want to say to her as he leaves ...Im using it in the story .....here is the song, I love it, ....I had never heard styx before I think......

Babe Styx Lyrics - YouTube
Old 06-24-2012, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TD, that's great you're writing a fanfic!

And "Babe" by Styx totally fits. It's on my song/lyrics list for Eric. Can't remember if I've used it yet or not (I'll find out during the revision process ).
Old 06-24-2012, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

That is great that you are writing a fanfic TD! I am not good at writing them, so I have never tried, but I love reading them
I am an original”
Old 06-25-2012, 05:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Lisa, I'm not surprised the song is on your list ... ....Really loving this song at the moment, had it on all the time while I was writing yesterday ...right now, Its blown Thirteen by Big star out of the water for me, maybe only cos Thirteen has been used sooooo many times in relation to the finale moments before Eric leaves.
Also, thirteen talks to their time together thus far , but Babe talks about the year ahead.

I'm glad E and D as well always find a good place in your stories even the J/H centric ones ...there arent enough E/D shippers writing fanfic at the moment.

Msstock, I dont think Im really good either ....but hey, we all got to start some place right ? You might find it gets easier once you've done a couple of them, if you feel passionate about the idea of writing them of course.
I am shipping E/D so much recently , that I think I really should some of my what ifs , if onlys, maybe's .....on paper ....
Old 06-25-2012, 05:32 AM
Master Fan

Since you guys are are talking about fanfiction ideas, I just found myself wondering what Eric and Donna would get each other for the 10th anniversary of their marriage. Any thoughts?