Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2004, 09:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Well, duh, the bad experience would be "Come on! Where are those spoilers!" "We want spoilers!" "You know but won't tell, you're anal", etc.
I just checked the spoilers board these last two days and noticed all this begging for spoilers. If someone has spoilers, they'll give, your begging and nagging won't make it come up faster though.
And dear god, if someone knows what's gonna happen and can't tell you what it is because of a promise he/she made but can only reveal a small bit of info, be freakin' grateful. It's not like they're paid to do it. They go to tapings, then, they get back at like midnight and have to write every little detail and post it?
One of the reason I actually stopped going to the spoilers board was all this "unzen" attitude from the spoilees to the spoilers.
And that, my friend, is all I hafta say.

“But here’s the thing. I was protecting you. And when it comes down to having the choice of being right or protecting you, I’ll be wrong every single time. Because it’s just who I am.”

.:LJ:.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:57 AM
Addicted Fan

Re: Re: Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Eoyore
I can't remember the name of the epi......The one where they throw a party for Hyde so he can find "one girl to love".....she's the blonde in the girl line up who says "I don't like people who are mean to puppies and who smoke....don't smoke? smoke? do you smoke?" something like that!
Good Lord, I didn't know that was Kryssi! I must have seen that episode (Hyde Gets a Girl) a trillion times before but never noticed. Wow. Thanks for pointing that out.

I could see Demi doing a guest appearance. As a hot older teacher..no wait..they've done that...a hot older Cop or something. I dunno.

To get back to topic..Wil and Lindsay stepped out on the red carpet and presented at the Latin Grammy Awards on the 1st. Pictures are plastered everywhere, WI, Getty, DailCeleb. I posted some on the Wil thread.
and the kindest of kisses break the hardest of hearts.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

I agree it only takes one bad apple

to ruin something. Like when a kid acts up in class and then no one gets to go on the field trip. I don't read spoilers anyway but I can see people not wanting to post if others are rude towards them.

Although if they are rude on F4F you are supposed to report them to a manager.

Carol
Old 09-02-2004, 04:41 PM
Master Fan

I can't speak for experiences people had before I joined, but right now I'm looking and people don't seem to be rude-it's more like hyper.

Usually just that one kid gets left behind while everybody else goes on the field trip. (Speaking literally.)
Old 09-02-2004, 04:44 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hey

You had better teachers than I did, Airie.

Infact due to a few jerks we almost didn't have a graduation because a bunch of troublemakers were not cooperating with the chorus teacher.

Anyway back to topic: I can see while people are hyper. That is why I don't get the big bru ha ha over spoilers. Why can't people just wait until it airs? But different strokes, for different strokes.

Carol

Quote:
Originally posted by Airie75
I can't speak for experiences people had before I joined, but right now I'm looking and people don't seem to be rude-it's more like hyper.

Usually just that one kid gets left behind while everybody else goes on the field trip. (Speaking literally.)
Old 09-02-2004, 05:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

There are different ways of being hyper. Some of these may not appear rude, but some people will find them rude. I for one am a fic writer, in another fandom, and when people nag me about updates, I don't put out.
Not asking for spoilers is something I'd call being nice. If you have spoilers, cool, if you don't, it's cool. I'm not gonna go and yell at someone to give me spoilers. I wait calmly until someone posts them.
And being a big ol' meanie, I could go back to posts and quote some people.

And about the people being left behind, I live in France. A bunch of people I know used to go and still do to tapings, and yet, I remained calm. I used to get the episodes about a week or two after they aired. So, yeah.

“But here’s the thing. I was protecting you. And when it comes down to having the choice of being right or protecting you, I’ll be wrong every single time. Because it’s just who I am.”

.:LJ:.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This whole spoilers thing is being made into a bigger deal than it really is. I posted this on the Spoilers thread a while ago:

Quote:
This sucks! I dislike people who don't share spoilers! I mean, seriously...share the goods!!
Should people take my statement seriously? No.... especially when there is a smilie at the end of the sentence. I agree with the fact that if people don't want to post spoilers, they don't have to. But, why can't I complain about it? Don't we have freedom to say what we want? Sometimes this board confuses me.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:34 PM
Ultimate Fan

That's why

I don't get why people need to know them. Back in my parents day there were no spoilers. Sorry, I couldn't resist the joke.

Carol

Quote:
Originally posted by CreekFreak
This whole spoilers thing is being made into a bigger deal than it really is. I posted this on the Spoilers thread a while ago:

Should people take my statement seriously? No.... especially when there is a smilie at the end of the sentence. I agree with the fact that if people don't want to post spoilers, they don't have to. But, why can't I complain about it? Don't we have freedom to say what we want? Sometimes this board confuses me.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:35 PM
Master Fan

Re: Hey

Quote:
Originally posted by Good_Day
You had better teachers than I did, Airie.

Infact due to a few jerks we almost didn't have a graduation because a bunch of troublemakers were not cooperating with the chorus teacher.

Anyway back to topic: I can see while people are hyper. That is why I don't get the big bru ha ha over spoilers. Why can't people just wait until it airs? But different strokes, for different strokes.

Carol
I just visit the spoilerboard cause it's fun! But it wouldn't be fun to harrass anyone for spoilers! But I think theres a big difference in saying things there like "This stinks! no spoilers!" or "I won't survive if I don't get spoilers!" etc. as opposed to personally pressing someone to give spoilers. I haven't seen that happen in this situation....but I knew there were some people here who had not been here when bad stuff DID happen......and they wouldn't be aware that it happened and so I figured I'd let them know. Now if they continued to ask for spoilers from someone knowing they didn't feel comfortable giving them....then yeah .....that would be harrassing. They were clued in.....and if they accept that and don't ask anymore.....there's no problem!
Old 09-02-2004, 05:37 PM
Master Fan

Re: That's why

Quote:
I don't get why people need to know them. Back in my parents day there were no spoilers. Sorry, I couldn't resist the joke.

Carol
or......"we had to walk miles and miles for spoilers! "
Old 09-02-2004, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't get why people need to know them.
People don't need to know, they want to know. Big diff.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:41 PM
Ultimate Fan

Eoyore~ *ROTLMAO*!!

Good point, CF.

Carol

Quote:
Originally posted by CreekFreak
People don't need to know, they want to know. Big diff.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:54 PM
Master Fan

Old 09-02-2004, 06:11 PM
Master Fan

Carol--it's just an addiction you form. No real way to explain it. I mean, I can sit here and totally agree with you that "why are people so desperate; I don't understand?" It comes when you give into the spoiler option.

And, well, Washi, yeah, everybody's got their degree of sensitivity, but really, us over there, we're more talking to ourselves than anything.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:16 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hi

Makes sense, Airie.

I will admit my hypocritical side and I do read spoilers for a soap opera I like. Because it's on everyday and I can't watch all the epis. So when work starts I don't know if I want to make an effort to tape it. So, I read those.

Carol

Quote:
Carol--it's just an addiction you form. No real way to explain it. I mean, I can sit here and totally agree with you that "why are people so desperate; I don't understand?" It comes when you give into the spoiler option.

And, well, Washi, yeah, everybody's got their degree of sensitivity, but really, us over there, we're more talking to ourselves than anything.