Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2004, 01:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Pumkin

I hate to say, but if its just one person that wont come back, Ill be pissed because IMO its a little selfish to be making that kind of $$ & still be able to make more on other projects, & leave everybody else hanging. You guys dont even know how many people there are in the crew that will have to look for work..100+ for sure.
I totally agree with what you're saying, but I don't think they should have to continue if they don't want to anymore. I know there are people on the crew, but maybe they don't want to stay with the same show for their whole life. I mean, it's been 7 years!
Old 09-11-2004, 01:14 AM
Ultimate Fan

That reminds me of jury

where 1 person's outcome can make a difference to a whole bunch of people. I'd like to think that the cast and crew would have long talks about this subject. And it would be decided by everyone involved that they would stay or go.

How long before we know for sure? Is this the kind of thing that can go into the last minute before a decision is made or is there a set time?

Carol

Quote:
Originally posted by Pumkin
I think FOX is holding off promoting it as the last season because they are keeping thier fingers crossed they can keep it on another season.

I hate to say, but if its just one person that wont come back, Ill be pissed because IMO its a little selfish to be making that kind of $$ & still be able to make more on other projects, & leave everybody else hanging. You guys dont even know how many people there are in the crew that will have to look for work..100+ for sure. And Im going to have to find something else to do on Fridays besides go there. LOL I am going to be so sad to see it go.
Old 09-11-2004, 04:29 PM
Addicted Fan

Well yeah, 7 years is a long time, and since all the young cast started on T7S, they probably all want to spread their wings. Danny and Wilmer have both said that the whole cast discussed it, la dee da, they want to do other things. At least they're trying to go out on a somewhat good note instead of just progressively getting worse...**crosses fingers for a good S7**
Old 09-11-2004, 06:16 PM
Ultimate Fan

I can't believe anything

until FOX makes it official. Apparently they still want an 8th season. That's why I asked Pumkin if there is a time limit. There has to be, because the networks have to make their schedules and all that.

Carol
Quote:
Originally posted by pinch990
Well yeah, 7 years is a long time, and since all the young cast started on T7S, they probably all want to spread their wings. Danny and Wilmer have both said that the whole cast discussed it, la dee da, they want to do other things. At least they're trying to go out on a somewhat good note instead of just progressively getting worse...**crosses fingers for a good S7**
Old 09-11-2004, 11:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

This show should end. That 70's Show was a great show in its heyday. Around 2000 and 2001, it was huge, but that love has dropped. 7 seasons is great, not bad. There will be over 150 episodes to watch to remember and still enjoy the show.
Old 09-12-2004, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

I don't know how much my word means but I was told that the 8th season fell through. Who knows. On the bright side I finally got Topher's Autograph on my script....yay....and some tidbit news....seems LL show's up quite often and even signs autographs as well. Especially if she sees Will around a bunch of girly girls. Michael Rosenbaum (Lex from Smallville) was in attendance for the premiere eppy taping and gave Danny a hug and kiss (go wild M3). And signed autographs too. That's all.

I should mention that kiss was of the cheek variety. Don't wanna start anything.

Icon
Old 09-13-2004, 02:40 AM
M3
Master Fan

Any and all male touching counts. Too bad I dont find that guy attractive in the slightest

Don't wanna be an American idiot. One nation controlled by the media.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:58 AM
Addicted Fan

I do!! I love Lex. Too bad I'm not a fan of boy on boy action. Nobody wins.
and the kindest of kisses break the hardest of hearts.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:36 AM
Ultimate Fan

Article about the show (NY Post)

That '70s Show Delaying Farewell?

New York Post Online Edition

'That '70s Show' Delaying Farewell?
By DON KAPLAN

September 13, 2004 -- DISCO may be dead, but don't start making funeral plans for That '70s Show.

Heading into its seventh — and reportedly final season — the long-running Fox comedy is showing signs it might return for an eighth.

"If we all want to give it another year, maybe we could," says Danny Masterson, who plays Steven Hyde, the wise-cracking, parentless cool kid who learns on this week's episode that his biological dad is black (played by guest star WKRP in Cincinnati's Tim Reid).

"As of right now we don't, but at the same time there'd be no reason not to — except that it's just kind of been planned since last year that this would be the last season."

Masterson, 28, says if there were to be another season, he'd like some sort of guarantee that the show would stay the same as it's been. "That '70s Show" is one of the few series that has managed to avoid getting too weird or going downhill as it's aged.

No matter where Fox has placed the show on its schedule over the years, the ratings for That '70s Show have always remained solid.

And since its debut in 1998, the show has brought fame and fortune to the its six stars — Masterson, Topher Grace, Mila Kunis, Laura Prepon, Wilma Vladerrama and most especially Ashton Kutcher.

The group famously hang out together after work and have become something of a 21st Century Brat Pack. "At this point the That '70s Show set is like going to summer camp," he says.

Adding to that sense of family, Masterson's brother Christopher Malcolm in the Middle has dated and lived with Prepon for years.

But if the show really does pack it in next spring?

"I've never gone too long without a job," he says. "There's a large talent pool in my age group of really good actors. I have no problem hustling against any one of them."

NEW YORK POST is a registered trademark of NYP Holdings, Inc. NYPOST.COM, NYPOSTONLINE.COM, and NEWYORKPOST.COM
are trademarks of NYP Holdings, Inc. Copyright 2004 NYP Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.

Last edited by Good_Day; 09-13-2004 at 10:02 AM
Old 09-13-2004, 01:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for that! My turn now...

The Emmy Creative Arts Awards winners have been announced yesterday and the show, who was nominated in two categories, lost the award to Carivale (for Outstanding Costumes For A Series) and to Frasier (for Outstanding Multi-Camera Picture Editing For A Series).
Old 09-13-2004, 05:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Re: Article about the show (NY Post)

Quote:
Originally posted by Good_Day
That '70s Show Delaying Farewell?

New York Post Online Edition

'That '70s Show' Delaying Farewell?
By DON KAPLAN

September 13, 2004 -- DISCO may be dead, but don't start making funeral plans for That '70s Show.

Heading into its seventh — and reportedly final season — the long-running Fox comedy is showing signs it might return for an eighth.

"If we all want to give it another year, maybe we could," says Danny Masterson, who plays Steven Hyde, the wise-cracking, parentless cool kid who learns on this week's episode that his biological dad is black (played by guest star WKRP in Cincinnati's Tim Reid).

"As of right now we don't, but at the same time there'd be no reason not to — except that it's just kind of been planned since last year that this would be the last season."

Masterson, 28, says if there were to be another season, he'd like some sort of guarantee that the show would stay the same as it's been. "That '70s Show" is one of the few series that has managed to avoid getting too weird or going downhill as it's aged.

No matter where Fox has placed the show on its schedule over the years, the ratings for That '70s Show have always remained solid.

And since its debut in 1998, the show has brought fame and fortune to the its six stars — Masterson, Topher Grace, Mila Kunis, Laura Prepon, Wilma Vladerrama and most especially Ashton Kutcher.

The group famously hang out together after work and have become something of a 21st Century Brat Pack. "At this point the That '70s Show set is like going to summer camp," he says.

Adding to that sense of family, Masterson's brother Christopher Malcolm in the Middle has dated and lived with Prepon for years.

But if the show really does pack it in next spring?

"I've never gone too long without a job," he says. "There's a large talent pool in my age group of really good actors. I have no problem hustling against any one of them."

NEW YORK POST is a registered trademark of NYP Holdings, Inc. NYPOST.COM, NYPOSTONLINE.COM, and NEWYORKPOST.COM
are trademarks of NYP Holdings, Inc. Copyright 2004 NYP Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.
interesting, but wasn't there news that wen the show ended that they were doing another project together afterwards????
Old 09-13-2004, 09:08 PM
Addicted Fan

A group project? I never heard about that... Sounds cool though..
Old 09-14-2004, 05:39 PM
Master Fan

Hey Danny! Pssst! Danny!......

ummm............it kinda ......well the show sorta.....it um.....WENT DOWNHILL!!!!!!!!!!!! where have ya been!?
Old 09-14-2004, 07:35 PM
Ultimate Fan

Re: Hey Danny! Pssst! Danny!......

Quote:
Originally posted by Eoyore
ummm............it kinda ......well the show sorta.....it um.....WENT DOWNHILL!!!!!!!!!!!! where have ya been!?
Hee. Man, if they get better writers...I'll be all for it, but...poor things.

Logan: My underbelly is rock-hard. It can go all night.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:10 PM
Addicted Fan

Re: Hey Danny! Pssst! Danny!......

Quote:
Originally posted by Eoyore
I guess he can't exactly say, 'Season six sucked monkey ass but on the bright side only one more season right?'
Or maybe he really did like S6. It could happen.