Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2003, 03:31 PM
Extreme Fan

I know he's not actually part of the cast anymore but I came across some Tommy Chong news/information here (scroll down to the December 5th entry - second topic).

Tommy Chong’s Next Movie by Dean Kuipers

Chong Family Values by Steven Mikulan

Tommy Chong chat transcript (April 25, 2003)

I definitely encourage ya to check out these links because they make for a very interesting read.

[ 12-12-2003: Message edited ~*Ambrosia*~ ]
Old 12-12-2003, 03:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Some news: Ashton Kutcher Pulls Plug on 'Punk'd'

Quote:
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Ashton Kutcher says the joke is no longer on him - he announced Friday that he's pulling out of the MTV prank show, ``Punk'd,'' after two seasons.

His representatives swear it's not a trick, but anything the prankster Kutcher says must be taken with a bit of skepticism.

The last new episode featuring Kutcher, star of ``That '70s Show,'' is set to run Sunday, where the victim of a practical joke will be singer Beyonce Knowles.

``We have had an incredible time doing the show and have decided to stick with the old adage of `leave 'em wanting more' and that's how we feel with the show,'' said Kutcher, 25, who stars and co-produces the series.

``Punk'd'' is a version of the old ``Candid Camera'' that preys on young celebrities. Among Kutcher's victims: singer Nick Lachey, who thought his wife, Jessica Simpson, had allowed her hillbilly relatives to move their trailer onto his mansion estate, and Justin Timberlake, who was moved to panic when he thought all his belongings had been seized because he owed $900,000 in back taxes.

``Today is a sad day for MTV, but probably a happy day for Hollywood. Celebrities can rest a little easier knowing that the Punkings have ceased,'' said Lois Curren, an MTV executive in charge of series development.

It's possible the announcement is a trick aimed at duping new prank victims. A page on MTV's Web site that promotes Sunday's season finale pledges: ``But don't worry, the new season starts in March.''

On the Net:
http://www.mtv.com/onair/punkd/index.jhtml
[ 12-12-2003: Message edited KatieS41787 ]
Old 12-12-2003, 03:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Tommy Chong:
<STRONG>I feel pretty sad, but it seems to be the only weapons of mass destruction they've found this year.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] Oh my god. He just moved up on my list like 21940815 spots. [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

And WOOOOOHOOOO no more f--king Punk'D!!! (It was a fun show at first but now I'm just sick of it.) Thank the lord...today was a good news day, heh. [img]smilies/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2003, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ashton and Demi (& kids) at the Los Angeles Premiere of Cheaper by the Dozen.

Old 12-18-2003, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Article on Ashton:

CELEB VIEW: What's Up With Ashton's Career?
What's going on with Ashton Kutcher's career? The 25-year-old actor recently announced that he’s pulling the plug on his quite successful MTV series “Punk’d,” just after two seasons. The show, which Kutcher has produced as well as hosted, is a hidden camera prank show aimed at celebrities.
With it being reported that Kutcher was recently relieved of his duties on not one, but two big screen projects, the “That ‘70s Show” thespian only has the upcoming release of his sci-fi thriller “The Butterfly Effect” which is being shown at the Sundance Film Festival.

There is of course, his Beverly Hills Italian eatery Dolce that seems to be doing quite well. And of course, he has his relationship with 40-year-old sexy mama Demi Moore to keep him busy and about town showing up here and there for photo ops.

But if Kutcher’s “Butterfly Effect,” which he also produced, doesn’t bode well for him at the box office, then “That ‘70s Show” which is only contracted to run for two more seasons, will be the only way Kutcher fans will get to see the star perform.

Kutcher has gone on record saying he wanted to end the show while it was at its best and that’s why such an early exit was planned. Let’s just hope he didn’t punk himself out of a really good gig.
Old 12-23-2003, 09:44 PM
Passionate Fan

Zap2it's TV Gal picked her best and worsts and T7S was not forgotten.

Quote:
Best group of friends, teenagers: The gang on "That '70s Show."
Just a small thing but its cool. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2003, 09:58 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hey!

The only thing I could find was a link under "Worst of TV" [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] under the heading "The Cult of Ashton Kutcher". *LOL* I checked the "Best of 2003" section first and I couldn't find the '70s mention, but then again, I *know* I need glasses, so. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Carol
Old 12-23-2003, 11:09 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Good_Day:
<STRONG>Hey!

The only thing I could find was a link under "Worst of TV" [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] under the heading "The Cult of Ashton Kutcher". *LOL* I checked the "Best of 2003" section first and I couldn't find the '70s mention, but then again, I *know* I need glasses, so. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Carol</STRONG>
I wouldn't know because I didn't get the info directly from Zap2it. It was from Devoted Fans of The O.C.. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2003, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This isn't news but can somebody tell me the plane story that happened with Wil, Danny & Ashton? I heard about it, but what's the story? Thanks! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2003, 09:32 PM
M3
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CreekFreak:
<STRONG>This isn't news but can somebody tell me the plane story that happened with Wil, Danny & Ashton? I heard about it, but what's the story? Thanks! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
All the versions I could find that didn't repeat too much (ten total).

Don't wanna be an American idiot. One nation controlled by the media.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Old 12-27-2003, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks so much, M3! OMG, that story is so scary! The only part that was funny was when "Wil and Conan then went on to joke about the media blowing things out of proportion and how Ashton single-handedly landed the plane and carried everyone to safety." [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Even tho it's really awesome that Ash was so level headed to actually be calm and that situation. He performed CPR on Danny? And gave him his oxygen mask? Too sweet...
Old 01-03-2004, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Some News about Ashton, as usual!... (I guess nobody likes the news thread [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I know it's Ashton's fault! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )

Leonardo DiCaprio Furious with Ashton

Hollywood actor Leonardo DiCaprio has fallen out with fellow hunk Ashton Kutcher after discovering the prankster planned to set-up his fiancee Gisele Bundchen for his MTV practical joke show Punk'd. The Gangs Of New York star became upset when he heard Ashton planned to coat the supermodel's house in plastic and decided to put a halt to Ashton's scheme. And even the hunky Titanic star's belle is certain that the bad feeling stems from jealousy between the good-looking twosome. But Gisele says, "Leo's so jealous of Ashton. Leo just doesn't like him because he's cute."
Old 01-03-2004, 12:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

Love the pic's of the cast, The cuteness of Mila and Danny I adore.

As for Ashton and Leonardo [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Please. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2004, 02:29 PM
M3
Master Fan

That is SO BIZARRE! Just yesterday I caught an episode of Growing Pains with Leo and I really had to work at figuring out why everyone (myself included) thought he was hot. Back then OR now. And marvelling at where his career has gone (or not).

What could a punk of wrapping a house do?! What a baby. Plus, it'd get Leo some exposure. Even if it is off center.

Hey, maybe that's why he was really upset, because HE wasn't the one being punked!

Don't wanna be an American idiot. One nation controlled by the media.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Old 01-09-2004, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

More Ashton news... (I decided to post it here cuz nobody goes on the Ashton thread [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] )

PUNK'D: THE SEQUEL: Ashton Kutcher is so not finished doing business with MTV. Just weeks after dumping Punk'd, Demi's studmuffin is developing a new hidden-camera comedy for the network titled My New Best Friend. Contestants on the show must convince friends and family that a person they've never met before is their new best friend. The twist? The new chum is actually an improv actor who gets paid to act like a major jackass.

PLAN B: In other Ashton Kutcher news, writer-director Cameron Crowe is talking to Lord of the Rings hottie Orlando Bloom about replacing that '70s Show star in his ensemble comedy Elizabethtown. Kutcher dropped out of the project due to "scheduling conflicts." He's so gonna regret that in a few years.