Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-27-2008, 11:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberlm2403 (View Post)
Well, when she wasn't really making it for the company, then it's hers.

That green dress. Hers. The dress that the buyer noticed. Hers. Neither of those were made FOR Eleanor and/or Eleanor Designs. Jenny offered the dress to Eleanor after she commented that the buyer loved it because she was fooled into thinking that Eleanor was actually going to help her. But it wasn't made with the intention of going straight to benefit Eleanor's company. The only one that was was the one that Eleanor didn't like.

As far as the stuff not being noticed because Jenny's hasn't made a name for herself ... What's so good about being noticed when you're not getting credit for what you do? Either way, Jenny would have remained unnoticed. The only one that would have benefited from Jenny's designs is Eleanor. At least now, she's worked with Eleanor long enough to know how the fashion industry runs ... And she stands a bigger chance of making a name for herself by herself... well, kind of. Ha.
I'm not sure then. Her attitude just turned me off in general. I am just afraid that her fashion career won't take off in the way she hopes it will. Vanessa should take the blame for what AynBluesteen? I am just wondering.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:02 AM
Master Fan

Is there any promo for the next week?

Old 10-28-2008, 12:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuly (View Post)
Is there any promo for the next week?
Yes.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:09 AM
Master Fan

Thanks Thaly

Old 10-28-2008, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The episode was pretty good once again. Very entertaining.

I'm surprised by just how much I love Jenny and Nate. I thought I prefered Nate and Vanessa, but I guess I now ship Nate with both gals. Right now though, I love him with Jenny. The kiss was just so hot. I've always loved them together though because of the books. I love how worried he was. They were just great, even in the beginning with the bathroom scene. Her checking out his hot bod.

Whole Blair/Chuck angst. Honestly, I'm a little torn. I feel like I wouldn't mind if they get dragged out like this because I can't honestly see them dating, but I can see them getting married. Like Chuck said, who would they be without their little games? Certainly not the Chuck and Blair we've come to love. I'm afraid that if they do get together they'll lose some of intrigue/spark, kinda like what happened to Seth and Summer in the OC. Right now, I'm very intrigued as to where they'll go from here.

At the same time, I found it odd that they both think a relationship wouldn't work, because they were in an official relationship for a week at the end of last season, and would have been together a lot longer if Chuck had shown up at the helipad. They didn't seem to have these reservations then. That seemed a little off to me. I hate will-they/won't-they storylines. I love Blair and Chuck together and I don't see why a real relationship should lessen that.

Serena and Dan - Still love them as friends. I love that they're slowly but surely gaining that rapport back. And how much do I LOVE the conversation Blair had with Dan with the ILYs. Single greatest moment of his life. Did love all the Dan/Blair scenes as well.

Serena and Aaron - Absolutely LOVED them. It's a little weird to see Aaron with geeky glasses and no dreadlocks, but still awesome. Love that they went to camp together with the whole marriage thang (even though I found it a bit weird that she was saying all of this in front of Dan). I hope that this relationship stays on for a while...since I did feel the sparks. One of my fave relationships from the book. It's also nice to see Serena working to get a guy.

Serena and Blair - THESE TWO ROCK MY WORLD. the.end.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just watched the dream sequence. Dorota is awesome.

I agree with everything, Cristina.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think that's exactly what happened when Chuck abandoned Blair at the helipad, though. He got scared about what would happen once they went to Tuscany and got "serious." He would eff it all up and lose the only chance he ever had. So better to back out before he got too invested.

I think it's just a continuation of that same fear on his part.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendtherain (View Post)
I think that's exactly what happened when Chuck abandoned Blair at the helipad, though. He got scared about what would happen once they went to Tuscany and got "serious." He would eff it all up and lose the only chance he ever had. So better to back out before he got too invested.

I think it's just a continuation of that same fear on his part.
I cant take sides with them anymore. I really think they are in love. They are just so hurt. I blame Bart for screwing up his trip with Blair. He was all ready to go and then daddy gave him that talk and he got scared.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:42 AM
Elite Fan

Dorota rocks my world.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:08 AM
Master Fan

Blair - layering's back, woot! It took long enough.

The girl owned the ep. It was the Blair show without it intending to be just bc of the B awesomness. For the first time this season I really believed she's scared to commit herself to Chuck. Scared to be not unique and not loved back.

So I'm happy with her portrayal this week, but I wish they'd write the character less capriciously.

Dan/Blair <=> Chuck/Blair - . I don't like over-the-top bitchy Blair and so I love her interaction with Dan. She could nestle in the Humphrey appartment 24/7, throwing tantrums, bitching about everyone and their mother and Dan would just be 'OK, whatever, Blair, can you STFU? I'm watching TV'. He's the only one who really doesn't give a rat's ass about her drama queen situations.

I think that is why I have a problem with shallow-written Blair: she seems to care so little for others when others care about her. With Dan she can act like this and I won't have a problem with it. She doesn't owe him kindness because he's anything but kind to her.

The result is that there aren't any games between them. They're bluntly honest with each other, something CB had been missing.

I do admit I enjoyed CB this episode, but I wouldn't have if it weren't for Dan and Vanessa. Vanessa shouldn't have said what she did to Dan or just have told the whole truth but to me it seemed like a way from the writers to get CB up there, to get them to open up without languid touches and whispering and all that seducing cat-and-mousing BS. It was so refreshing to see them talk about what's on their minds instead of hiding it and hurting each other time after time without learning from it.

Jenny/Nate/Agnes - I either cringed or lol'd during these scenes. So painfully bad and ridiculous.

Aaron/Serena/Dan - OK, random but I laughed my ass off when Serena blurted that caterpillar thing out with Dan.

Anyway, I think it's great he's doing an effort to be whatever she wants him to be. I don't know bout Aaron, he has yet to win me over. He seems a lot like Dan, only less handsome and less adorkable.

Serena/Blair - I suprisingly enjoyed them this ep.

All in all, this ep > S2. I felt in touch with Blair again, which was nice since indeed a lot of the story is told through her eyes. Leighton just did a great job this ep.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:19 AM
Addicted Fan

oh chuck. oh blair. i don't think i could love these characters more than right now

and Vanessa? Please DIAF. Even her 2 microsecond scenes annoyed me. Apart from the fact that she got in the way of CB, from a purely objective standpoint she has no moral grounds whatsover for what she did.

Vanessa was asking for it when she told blair "i own you" last episode. She brought it upon herself if she was going to behave in such an abrasive and simply rude way. Even then, she got played- so what? It's not like anything meaningful to her was damaged (and Chuck was geniunely for the bar anyway so she didn't have to worry about that).

Now she goes around crying "oh woe is me" while omitting her part in the story? Please.

she's officially reinstated herself as my most despised chracter on gossipgirl. After the captain. Even after Alison.

i can understand that she's a plot device to drive the action and to create scenes (ie. CB rooftop). But at the same time, she's a terribly painful plot device to watch.

apart from my CB spiel, other thoughts-

- i so agree, Blair absolutely OWNED this episode. Her character was just beautifully portrayed, not pointlessly bitchy but full of vulnerability, motivation, and at the same time that "spark" and glow when she's simply being delightful. Love it. Love Leighton and how gorgeous (and i mean gooorgeous!) blair looked this whole episode (not a suprise ), loved the heartbreaking crying scenes. I cried with her.

-Serena was such a good friend this episode, i love her best like this. Just really sweet, really supportive. She's in her element when she's being herself and nurturing. When she's "bitchy" i just cringe, but here- where she's down to earth and fabulous without trying, i adore her.

-Dan and Blair: Awesomness!!!! They're so honest around each other, i can imagine them becoming best friends when(if) they get into Yale together. The sort of best friends who are invaluable because they tell it like it is, Blair and Dan are so fun and snarky around each other. No games, because they see each other for what they are. They roll they eyes at each other and actually give each other good advice. That said, i was furious with Dan when he believed that twit Vanessa. But he redeemed himself. But Leighton and Penn have WAY better chemistry (romantic or non romantic) than Dan/Vanessa ever did.

-Aaron: He was actually really hot! i a cool, Johnny Depp kind of way I'm super excited about Serena/Aaron

-Nate/Jenny: i don't really know what to think...they just happened too quickly for me to really have an opinion on..

oh and final note (coz this post is looooong ) I can see where Blair gets her vulnerabilities from if Eleanor is that cruel on a regular basis. poor...anyone who has to deal with her!

Last edited by parkavenue_prepette; 10-28-2008 at 03:39 AM
Old 10-28-2008, 03:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

Okay this is the first time this season that I loved Blair. Bring on the layers! Blair has basically admitted that she loves Chuck. So all those people who thought these were just games and lust...see season 2 episode 8 PLEASE. Oh and I think its funny how the writers are following this pattern with CB
Season 1 and Season 2
Episode 7: all about CB. amazing makeout scene at the end
Episode 8: Blair walking on the sidewalk. Chuck pulling up in a limo

I really think Josh loves CB too
CB PWNED once again. Its settled that they're both CRAZY about eachother. So now when they finally get together, they'll make it last. That last scene made me cry buckets, btw. Ed and Leighton are beyond AMAZING.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:50 AM
Addicted Fan

gosh i'm gabbing on alot tonight..

i didn't put it in my post earlier, but of course CB were...wow...

i probably couldn't say more than what has already been said on this wonderful, and heartbreakingly perfect couple.

they really took it to a new level tonight. Both in terms of their feelings for each other, but also in terms of how well portrayed, acted and written a couple has been on TV in recent history.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

I am such a squeeing CB fangirl right now! Since they're making them so meant to be
Old 10-28-2008, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Chuck and Blair owned my heart last night. I cried and I smiled and reacted the same way every loyal fan of theirs did. It was incredible.

Ok here it goes~ the UC shipper in me secretly smiled like crazy when Rufus thought DB were dating.

They have incredible chemistry and we seriously need more friendship scenes between these two.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen