Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-27-2008, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, that's the first time on GG that I didn't understand Vanessa's aim.

Please, don't use words like "dumbass" to describe characters! Thanks!
Old 10-27-2008, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was really odd that she came out and told Dan that, but I can't defend what Dan did. Toying with a relationship he knows nothing about and playing on Blair's insecurities like that was just awful. And then he seemed to feel no remorse when Serena confronted him.

It was good that it brought out issues out in the open between CB which would have been left in the dark otherwise, and I loved that it gave S a legitimate reason to be angry with Dan. I especially loved how S was like, "Chuck and Blair LOVE EACH OTHER!" Like, DUH.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Loyal Fan

I cannot bring myself to ship NJ . They just creep me out and I am kind of dreading the next few eps if they're going to be the focus.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nate is 17 and Jenny is 15 so that is only a 2 year age difference so if people are getting creeped out just because of the age difference then I just can't see why! I could understand if they don't like their ship because obviously you like who you like but to say that the reason you think they shouldn't be together is because of age would be ridiculous at this point. Not saying anyone has said that so far but I feel it coming. Besides, the heart wants what it wants.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 10-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Extreme Fan

I can understand that it can sometimes be hard to separate the actors from the characters so in knowing that Chace is 23 and Taylor is 15 is what I think creeps them out.

But in this case you just have to separate it because if you didn't, you'd be missing out on a really great ship, IMO.

But yeah. Actors/Characters, different. Jenny and Nate's age difference isn't that drastic, not at all.

I cannot say this enough. I loved this episode. I loved Jenny and Nate. I've always liked them, but this episode made me love them so much more! Made me "squee" the entire time and trust me, I am way too old to be "squeeing". LoL.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't like it based on the fact that Nate is living with Jenny, and Jenny is Vanessa's friend, and Nate is Dan's friend.

Plus when Aaron said, "Max is a great guy, as long as he's not dating your little sister." And then Nate took off after Jenny? That sketched me out. I wish they had said something else, because I didn't need to be reminded of the incestuous vibe I already got, lol.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't even really think of that actually, the actors ages I mean. I guess it's because they work so well together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendtherain (View Post)
Plus when Aaron said, "Max is a great guy, as long as he's not dating your little sister." And then Nate took off after Jenny?
I just took that as it meant that he's not to be trusted around girls because he can get a little frisky and take things too far, which Nate wouldn't want to happen to Jenny.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 10-27-2008, 09:43 PM
Elite Fan

To me what Dan did wasn't in character at all, they just needed him to play a certain role so they could ruin CB's moment, it could have been anyone.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendtherain (View Post)
I don't like it based on the fact that Nate is living with Jenny, and Jenny is Vanessa's friend, and Nate is Dan's friend.

Plus when Aaron said, "Max is a great guy, as long as he's not dating your little sister." And then Nate took off after Jenny? That sketched me out. I wish they had said something else, because I didn't need to be reminded of the incestuous vibe I already got, lol.
I see it a little differently.

Nate may be Dan's friend now. But we got Nate/Jenny friendship in Season 1 so I don't think Dan really gets "claiming rights", I guess? And as for V/N ... Well, again, there was N/J before there was N/V. Maybe they weren't romantically linked before N/V, but there were some minor implications before N/V just appeared. So again, I don't that relationship takes presidence over this one.

As for the Max comment. I get one you mean. That coupled with what Agnes said can make someone go .

But I feel like it was to show that Nate cares about Jenny and is protective of her, which we know, which I think is great. And I loved tonight.

I can't say for sure what the writers meant by what Aaron said, none of us can really, so I'm just making my own judgment. But at the same time, I can very much see why you came to the conclusion you did.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Loyal Fan

CB, again, owned the episode. I was almost in tears with their final scene. It was so raw. All the walls fell down, finally! While I'm heartbroken that it can't happen yet, it was just so beautiful.

And even when they bring the heartbreak (and oh my god, on the roof, they looked like a classic Hollywood couple hardcore, like Ilsa and Rick) they bring the funny with the bedroom scene phone race. I was like, damn Blair, just break the phone and unzip his pants.

And Mini Cooper is always awesome, though Caitlin pwns Agnes so far. But it did take me until S4 to like Mini Coop.

Nate and Jenny: Really don't care. Nate is hot. Nate kisses every girl. Wow. Shocker.

Dan: Ruined my CB possibly epic roof moment. Why he gotta be so annoying after being so awesome? Huh?
Old 10-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiagonalZipper (View Post)
To me what Dan did wasn't in character at all, they just needed him to play a certain role so they could ruin CB's moment, it could have been anyone.
I agree.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's how I took it too.

I pretty much agree with everyone's points, except i'm not that hateful towards Vanessa. I don't think telling Dan was right, therefore, it made Dan react in a not so great way, but overall, I liked the ep. I actually enjoyed the Jenny work scenes more than I thought I would. I really didn't like the way Eleanor treated her at all. I'm glad she took the green dress back.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 10-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Master Fan

Wow! From the promo,I expected not to like this episode since I'm not a huge Jenny fan but honestly,it was one of my favorite of the season! I got a sort of S1 feel from it which I felt the show was somewhat missing.

- Can I just say,this is like the first time in awhile where I actually was interested in all of the storylines? Yes...even Jenny's fashionista one!

- I spent the whole episode yelling at Jenny for being stupid but I enjoyed watching her storyline.It's like enjoying watching a train wreck

- I don't really ship NJ but I like their interaction so I'm glad they brought that back.The dynamic between them always interests me even if I don't romantically ship them.

- Jenny,dear,NEVER take life advice from an underage model.Seriously.Obviously,Rufus did not raise you right.

- I'm usually not a Dan fan but I liked him in this episode (even if he did screw with CB).I loved his interaction with Blair BUT I also loved how it wasn't like they were suddenly friends.I hate when shows make characters who are opposites suddenly into best buds so I actually liked the scene where Dan admitted he didn't really want to be all buddy buddy with Blair.Still,I like their interactions.I also loved watching him pine for Serena I must just love Humphrey Torture Time

- The art gallery show was GENIUS.What a perfect way to get all the characters together.It reminded me of "Seventeen Candles" for some reason.GG is at its best when all the characters run into each other at the same event

- Of course,my favorite part of the episode was CB! I was actually really happy with how things turned out in the end.I was tired of them playing games and so I like how they kind of talked about that.It shows that they're taking baby steps towards maturing so that when they DO get together as a couple,they will actually be serious and make it last Also,the last two CB scenes just prove how wonderful actors Ed and Leighton are.I was like on the edge of my seat with tears in my eyes without even realizing it.It wasn't exactly a sad scene but they just acted the hell out of it.

- For some reason "Chuck and Blair go to the movies" reminded me of a fanfic I was like "Chuck,you must be browsing the internet for CB fanfics!" I'm super excited to see CB develop and grow over time and while I know this is just another way of dragging things out,I thought it was done really really well!
thinking maybe you'll get it back and then you realize it's just gone.
banner: Brittany
Old 10-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Master Fan

IMO Nate/Vanessa were never even officially dating or in love. They aren't dating now. So, it's not like they are doing anything to Vanessa except V will take it that way of course because that's how she always takes things. She got mad tonight at Dan for Nate living with the Humphreys and Blair being at the opening. How were either of those things a personal attack on her? They weren't but she will perceive Dan being a nice guy as some attack on her.

The living under the same room thing I can see but this show always does weird things like that and makes them ok. If any of us watched this show for some kind of moral high ground, then I doubt we'd still be watching.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not hateful towards Vanessa, and I just won't ever hate her. But what she did was wrong. She is more to blame than Dan in my opinion.
I so didn't think Jenny would take the dress back, it was pretty awesome.