Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2010, 12:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
But did remind me of them was in S9 when Brandon said that he and Kelly were too much alike, kinda like the same half of a circle. I can't really pictured that with BK but I can really see that if with Brandon and Andrea. They both do well in school. They are both smart. These are all great things to have in common.
Good point and I agree.
If BK were too alike then, it was only because they wanted almost the same things in life (to do "the right thing", to have stability and a loving family around them...) and they also gave everything when they were in love. But, isn't that why most couples succeed in the long term?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Yeah, the reason I put marriage first is because I see that as the vital foundation of committment to stablize a family. A parent will always be a parent to a child and can walk away from the other parent just like some people divorce; however, you need that foundation between the parents to create a loving environment between the two so that the children thrive off of that. Of course, I'm talking beyond a 'piece of paper' but I think there is something different between 'just living together' and being married and having made a spiritual/legal connection through vows (before God and the one you love). I view the husband/wife bond bigger than just the boyfriend/girlfriend status, even if there are kids involved in that. A marriage is a committment that is actively sought out, which I saw Brandon doing, whereas having children can and does happen unplanned - even if you do have to committ to the parenting once it happens. Not that I don't still think that having kids is a beautiful bond to share with the one you love. It is but since I'm more traditional, I find that to be the next secondary connection after a marriage.
Oh yeah, I totally understand that I was just trying to add more "pros" to the already big commitment Brandon initially made by proposing. What I meant is that the decision of having kids and to be willing to raise them together shows an equal and maybe even bigger commitment than marriage to me It's a very different story when you "have" to be part of your children's life because the law says so, for example, than when you gladly choose to be there, next to the mother of your kid. When there's an unexpected pregnancy and it only makes you to look forward to having that kid (and you even start talking of having more, which is what Brandon did), when it just wasn't planned, I think that says it all

Quote:
Of course, you're absolutely right about Brandon, though, and I think the fact that the pregnancy wasn't planned - is an extra added example of how committed to Kelly and a future he was. Brandon wasn't a guy who was just going to up and leave when an unplanned pregnancy came along, alot of other guys would have if they weren't really committed to the mother of the child. The news hit close to home when Kelly had that miscarriage.
Yeah, that was pretty much my point

Love the ads

Last edited by Scarlet's Walk; 08-06-2010 at 12:07 AM
Old 08-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)
Subtlety is a big part of great romance. I generally don't want things to be crystal clear, as that leaves little to think about (this is why several "romances" on TV haven't worked for me in recent years). Instead, I like it when things are apparent, instead of obvious.
I agree. I just didn't want to wait nearly 4 years to happen. But it worked out very nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)
I think that for many of us, the end of S4 was sort of like a gift.
Yes it was. At first when they kinda dismiss the idea of BK within an episode or two after weekend together in S4, I felt like it was a tease and nothing was gonna happen. But I love how S4 ended. I still would like to know how did Kelly find out what hotel room Brandon was in. Of course, she has her ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet's Walk (View Post)
If BK were too alike then, it was only because they wanted almost the same things in life (to do "the right thing", to have stability and a loving family around them...) and they also gave everything when they were in love. But, isn't that why most couples succeed in the long term?
Yes, I agree very much. They are different in many ways but this is something they very much have in common. I think this helped them form a great bond with one another. When in doubt, just ask yourself if this is the relationship you would want for yourself. For me, I would have to say "yes" every time.

Last edited by heyitsrachel; 08-06-2010 at 10:49 AM
Old 08-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmurray (View Post)
Yes, I agree very much. They are different in many ways but this is something they very much have in common. I think this helped them form a great bond with one another. When in doubt, just ask yourself if this is the relationship you would want for yourself. For me, I would have to say "yes" every time.
Same here While I understand why some people wouldn't want to live that kind of romance especially when they're still young, I still fail to see why their so called "safe" relationship is something bad for them...To me, they grew up a lot together and shared very meaningful experiences that helped to shape their character...So, think everything they could have had together in the future

Second ad is all kinds of dramatic! Love it
Old 08-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Same here While I understand why some people wouldn't want to live that kind of romance especially when they're still young, I still fail to see why their so called "safe" relationship is something bad for them...
Me too. I guess in this case, I think Kelly feels like she had her time in the playing field already. And to me, Brandon has always been committed to all of his relationships, so he's automatically in it for the long haul. Also, to me, for the most part, they wanted this "safe" relationship because it's so hard to be friends again if they were to break up (which they did).

Risking a long friendship to be a couple is never easy. I'm glad they even took the time to discuss this in Washington before officially hooking up. I think Kelly was more afraid to step forward than Brandon was. But after Brandon reassuring Kelly that they'll always be friends, no matter what, I think it gives Kelly an even more "reassurance" that they'll be ok.

I was actually asked this question for a friend of mine who was conducting a survey for school.

"Is it a good idea for best friends to get married?"

My answer was "Sure, just make sure you're more than just best friends when you do."

Of course, that answer can't help but make me think of BK's almost wedding. But I still think that we as fans have more than enough proof that they were more than just friends.

Quote:
Second ad is all kinds of dramatic! Love it
Finely always gave me the creeps. I get the feeling that he was always saving her for himself. I would not want to see that meleding.

Last edited by heyitsrachel; 08-06-2010 at 01:39 PM
Old 08-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Master Fan

Finely was creepy in every sense! Just the idea that he wanted Kelly for himself is...

Quote:
Risking a long friendship to be a couple is never easy. I'm glad they even took the time to discuss this in Washington before officially hooking up. I think Kelly was more afraid to step forward than Brandon was. But after Brandon reassuring Kelly that they'll always be friends, no matter what, I think it gives Kelly an even more "reassurance" that they'll be ok.
That's one of the things I love the most about them: no matter if they were a couple or not, they never stopped being best friends (with neverending crushes on each other, let me add )
Old 08-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 08-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

Look at the soon-to-be-couple Kelly shines when she's around Brandon, no joke

I love S4, especially the second half
Old 08-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Look at the soon-to-be-couple Kelly shines when she's around Brandon, no joke

I love S4, especially the second half
I agree. It was so cute when Kelly rang the door at the Walsh House and Brenda answered. Who would've known that she was looking for Brandon instead of her?

Brenda - "Hi."
Kelly - "Hi. Is Brandon here?"
Brenda - "Brandon, Kelly's here."

[Jim and Cindy look at Brandon.]

Brandon - "Ha ha...you know."

Kelly - "Brandon, what happened to you?"
Brandon - "I went on a date with Clare." nuff said.

Old 08-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Elite Fan

I like how she's immediately amused and all-knowing. "Oh! Was it fun?" LOL, love is hard. You just might get punched in the face. Here's a different kind of example of when "safe" is good.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
LOL, love is hard. You just might get punched in the face. Here's a different kind of example of when "safe" is good.
You just reminded me of a catch phrase I used to hear from somewhere...I think it goes "Love hurts..wear a helmet."

Last edited by heyitsrachel; 08-07-2010 at 09:26 PM
Old 08-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, yeah, I've seen that on T-shirts, I think, LOL.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Brenda - "Kelly, tickle him."

Old 08-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Even then they couldn't hide they had a crush on each other

Claudia
Old 08-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 08-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Aww! I love the super early caps of them! <33

I really like how there were hints right from the pilot episode of BK getting together eventually. I sometimes wish it didn't take four seasons to get them together, but at the same time, I don't think a BK relationship would have lasted long in S1 or 2. Kelly just wasn't Brandon's "type" at that point in time. I think that her superficiality (is that a word or did I make it up? ) would have been a big problem early on. Thankfully, she grew and matured a lot in the next couple of seasons.

Brenda Dylan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread