Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2010, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
They have Brandon smack dabb in the middle of the group on the cover, as if he is still one of the main cast for this season. They talk about him on the back of the box and there is even a clip of Valerie on the back too when her character is 'history' for this season.

If that doesn't say alot for Brandon and BK - I don't know what does!
I saw that too. And from the looks of it. He doesn't look too happy.

Quote:
I would much rather when that final step is taken, it is successful and Brandon does not strike me as the kind of guy that would just go into a marriage with Kelly 'willy nilly' and blow it off - especially when you take into consideration the role modeling he has in his own parents marriage (married 20+ years at this point). Of course, I can do without the Emma storyline.
I agree. I think if the S5-S7 writers never left or have gotten fired, they would've ended on a high note. I think those writers were definitely pro-BK. If not, I think they did a horrible job making them look bad. I wished Brandon would've proposed under better circumstances, just not to cover an argument. That made it seemed like he was proposing for a different reason. We know that he loves her but I think the 1st proposal in 8x29 wasn't really romantic. Though, I do like the final proposal in the last scene of 8x29. But my favorite is always the one in 5x30. It shows that he really didn't want to lose her and since he was planning on spending the rest of his life with her anyway, that was the perfect way of doing so. Unlike the one in 8x29, Brandon didn't seem nervous or hesitant at all. He knew they were good for each other.

Quote:
Just curious, what context do you think she meant it in? Because for me, I can't even think of anything else.
I really don't know. I was surprised that the writers even put that in there. It was so unnecessary. But I think it's their tradition to mess up the relationship even further. I think S9 and S10 already did a pretty good job of killing BK...but Brenda's line made it worse for me. Worse enough, I see the spin-off having a reputation of never backing up what they said. If I go up and ask one of the writers, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even remember that she said it.

Last edited by heyitsrachel; 07-31-2010 at 10:11 PM
Old 07-31-2010, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Matt is not even on the cover! gotta love that!

Claudia
Old 07-31-2010, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudypritz (View Post)
I didn't even notice that...thanks Claudia!!!

One thing I wanted a lot of people's opinion on was....do you guys think that it was right of Kelly to stay mad at Brandon for so long for not being there when Kelly was burned in the fire?

"Time heals all wounds."
Old 07-31-2010, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmurray (View Post)
I saw that too. And from the looks of it. He doesn't look too happy.
He really doesn't!

He's not happy because he knows he has to move on from Kelly.

Quote:
I agree. I think if the S5-S7 writers never left or have gotten fired, they would've ended on a high note. I think those writers were definitely pro-BK. If not, I think they did a horrible job making them look bad. I wished Brandon would've proposed under better circumstances, just not to cover an argument. That made it seemed like he was proposing for a different reason. We know that he loves her but I think the 1st proposal in 8x29 wasn't really romantic. Though, I do like the final proposal in the last scene of 8x29. But my favorite is always the one in 5x30. It shows that he really didn't want to lose her and since he was planning on spending the rest of his life with her anyway, that was the perfect way of doing so. Unlike the one in 8x29, Brandon didn't seem nervous or hesitant at all. He knew they were good for each other.
Agreed - I don't know what it is about the latter seasons, and it's not just isolated to Brandon either, but 'delivery' didn't seem as deep or connected like it was earlier on. Now, this can be due to different writers and new cast members; however, I especially noticed this in the final two seasons. Alot of dialogue feels cut short and very emotionally detached. Meaning, it jumps around too much and too quickly - you feel like you can't even believe half of what they are saying. I have a hard time feeling what they truly 'feel' and, I agree, I think that you really feel Brandon more in his proposal the first time around back in S5. It sucks that the latter proposal almost leaves you with the implied impression that Brandon's hesitancy is lending a hand in the direction that BK might not be meant to be.

Quote:
I really don't know. I was surprised that the writers even put that in there. It was so unnecessary. But I think it's their tradition to mess up the relationship even further. I think S9 and S10 already did a pretty good job of killing BK...but Brenda's line made it worse for me.
As crushed as I was for BD (at least we saw Brenda still walking around single), I really have to say that delivery of dialogue was a real hope squasher for BK. I think I remember opening my mouth a bit in shock when it finally left Brenda's mouth.

Quote:
Worse enough, I see the spin-off having a reputation of never backing up what they said. If I go up and ask one of the writers, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even remember that she said it.
Think there's any chance they won't remember revealing Dylan as the father of Sammy and Brandon will show back up into town as a surprise?!!! I would love it if they couldn't 'conveniently' back up ever giving us that reveal.

Quote:
One thing I wanted a lot of people's opinion on was....do you guys think that it was right of Kelly to stay mad at Brandon for so long for not being there when Kelly was burned in the fire?
Eh - wasn't that the time that Emily showed back up and he met up for a little 'kiss-kiss' rendevouz with her?! I think I remember under the circumstances why Kelly would be miffed after finding that out. It was something pretty tragic that she encountered, a near loss of life, so not showing up when he was supposed to can play on the mind for awhile. It was already a letdown but then mix in almost losing your life? Unfortunately, it's not like he really had that great of an excuse for not showing up like he should have.

Quote:
OMGosh - that totally slipped my mind and I didn't even think of it.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 07-31-2010 at 10:48 PM
Old 08-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think that you really feel Brandon more in his proposal the first time around back in S5. It sucks that the latter proposal almost leaves you with the implied impression that Brandon's hesitancy is lending a hand in the direction that BK might not be meant to be.
Also, I love how even though Brandon's proposal in 5x30 made it seemed like it was only a competition at first. But in 5x32 in the scene where Brandon apologizes to Kelly for humiliating her he was drunk (ref. 5x31), he really showed that his proposal was real and he still meant it.. Even when Kelly wanted to get back together with him after the rejection, I think Brandon was left with a hurt feeling because in his mind, he's afraid that Kelly will say "no" to him again in the future.

Quote:
Eh - wasn't that the time that Emily showed back up and he met up for a little 'kiss-kiss' rendevouz with her?! I think I remember under the circumstances why Kelly would be miffed after finding that out. It was something pretty tragic that she encountered, a near loss of life, so not showing up when he was supposed to can play on the mind for awhile. It was already a letdown but then mix in almost losing your life? Unfortunately, it's not like he really had that great of an excuse for not showing up like he should have.
I agree with you. Being trapped in a fire is no joke. She definitely needed Brandon that night. But I'm kinda siding with Brandon on this one. All he could do was apologize...and he did repeatedly. He told Kelly everything and she should just forgive (and try to forget).
Old 08-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

aww love the pics! I missed this thread so much

Claudia
Old 08-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
aww love the pics! I missed this thread so much
Yeah, me too.....what happened? I had a really long post on Saturday night that didn't go through because of the crash. Fanforum is still very slow for me right now.

Anyway, glad to be back!

I always think they try to mislead the viewers with these ads. Do you agree?

Old 08-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know what happened either , but I think was never down for so long. It's really slow for me too

Good thing the site is back in business I felt so lost without it

Love the ads but I agree, the whole idea of the wedding turned out to be a hoax right from the beginning, it was so unfair they led us on like that

Claudia
Old 08-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't know what happened either , but I think was never down for so long. It's really slow for me too
I agree. This had to be something bigger than those maintenance errors.

Quote:
Good thing the site is back in business I felt so lost without it
So did I. I was literally going through withdrawls.

Quote:
Love the ads but I agree, the whole idea of the wedding turned out to be a hoax right from the beginning, it was so unfair they led us on like that
Very unfair. And I wouldn't call this a fairy-tale wedding either.

Here's something I never got to ask:

Do you guys think that if either Brandon or Dylan had gone to Andrea's farewell party at West Beverly, would it have made it easier for Kelly to choose? This was kinda like how Kelly goes to Dylan's party (where she met Jack) made it easier for Dylan to choose.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

First of all, I concur that the ads are very misleading.

Quote:
Also, I love how even though Brandon's proposal in 5x30 made it seemed like it was only a competition at first. But in 5x32 in the scene where Brandon apologizes to Kelly for humiliating her he was drunk (ref. 5x31), he really showed that his proposal was real and he still meant it.. Even when Kelly wanted to get back together with him after the rejection, I think Brandon was left with a hurt feeling because in his mind, he's afraid that Kelly will say "no" to him again in the future.
I have to admit, Dylan inside of the triangles - annoys me period. He didn't get much sympathy from me inside of either one, he just comes across as a very self-involved character (and no offense Dylan fans, I'm one too ). So, I was already siding with Brandon on this one anyway. But, yes, in regards to how the proposal played out - even under the circumstances in which he proposed, I don't think it actually retracted from how Brandon truly felt about Kelly onscreen; however, it sealed the deal for the viewers. Yes, Dylan was being perceived as competition but I think that Brandon's proposal showed how far he was actually willing to go to prove to Kelly that he was serious about his feelings for her and marriage is the real deal IMO (the highest offer you can go when it comes to real committment). Dylan wasn't willing to offer that to her.

Quote:
I agree with you. Being trapped in a fire is no joke. She definitely needed Brandon that night. But I'm kinda siding with Brandon on this one. All he could do was apologize...and he did repeatedly. He told Kelly everything and she should just forgive (and try to forget).
I understand where you're coming from - because in any situation, it's not good to hang onto to anger and resentment indefinitely, it wouldn't have been good for Kelly to do it either. But I won't lie, if a guy had done what Brandon had done with an Ex, I probably wouldn't have stayed with him. Maybe down the road I would have forgiven but I think it's important to distinguish between 'trust' and 'forgiveness.' Forgiveness is good because it allows for someone to release hurtful feelings and anger that is directed at another person but 'forgiveness' doesn't automatically give someone else back the other person's trust. When someone breaks a trust, there are far-reaching consequences to that because that's not about anger, it's about using discretion on what may or may not be good for you any longer. I think for Kelly, this situation was more a matter of trusting Brandon again with her heart, even if the anger was still coming out. So, in otherwords, Kelly could have forgiven and let go of her anger enough to where she and Brandon could be on speaking terms again, interacting easily; however, not trust him enough to move forward with an intimate relationship again - if that makes sense.

However, on the flipside, yes - Brandon did do what he could. He apologized and it was up to him to show through his actions that he meant what he said but it does take time especially if rebuilding trust is the issue. If Kelly couldn't forgive, then both of them would have just had to move on for good. But, luckily, that didn't become an issue until much later on when a failed marriage attempt separated them for good.

Quote:
Yeah, me too.....what happened? I had a really long post on Saturday night that didn't go through because of the crash. Fanforum is still very slow for me right now.
Ugh! That's what happened to me too on the BD thread, so I luckily was able to save my post information but when I tried to come back here to page 3, it would only take me to page 2. Repeatedly, then I finally gave up.

Quote:
Do you guys think that if either Brandon or Dylan had gone to Andrea's farewell party at West Beverly, would it have made it easier for Kelly to choose?
Hm - interesting. To be honest, I'm not sure. I had trouble reading Kelly here when it comes to BK, especially when it felt like her relationship with Dylan was being leveled to her relationship with Brandon - and I couldn't accept it that way because of my own interpretations. As a BK supporter, I would like to think she wouldn't need an easy out to make her choice clear - I would like for her to come to terms and know that Brandon is the one. So, regardless of whether or not Dylan or Brandon were in attendance at the farewell party - I would have liked for her to have gone with choosing Brandon even if she ran into Dylan there.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 08-03-2010 at 06:39 PM
Old 08-03-2010, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
First of all, I concur that the ads are very misleading.
I agree.

As much as I love this episode, BK's date wasn't really hot as it was cute and adorable. I Kelly's dress when she was with Brandon and her hair was perfect.

I think that was when Brandon saw that Kelly talking to the chancello, he realized that she had really matured/changed.....but still look more beautiful than ever.

Quote:
Yes, Dylan was being perceived as competition but I think that Brandon's proposal showed how far he was actually willing to go to prove to Kelly that he was serious about his feelings for her and marriage is the real deal IMO (the highest offer you can go when it comes to real committment). Dylan wasn't willing to offer that to her.
I agree and Dylan definitely had the money. Brandon had years of ring payments lined up for him. I don't think he would've spent so much money unless he was sure this was what he wanted. I think that's also why he kept the ring. Once of my favorite storylines in the show.

Quote:
Kelly could have forgiven and let go of her anger enough to where she and Brandon could be on speaking terms again, interacting easily; however, not trust him enough to move forward with an intimate relationship again - if that makes sense.
I agree and yes, you make perfect sense to me. It's good that Kelly forgave Brandon for the fire incident (and for Emma) because I think she would hate to miss out on a wonderful future they could've had if Brandon had stayed.

I think a part of Kelly also was waiting to see how long she can make Brandon wait...just to get back at him. But she would hate to one day finally ready to forgive him just to find out that he's moved on to somebody else. I think that storyline could've dragged on if Brandon had stayed. Of course, sooner or later, they would've reunited.

Quote:
I would have liked for her to have gone with choosing Brandon even if she ran into Dylan there.
I think that it sucks that we would never get a straight answer of who Kelly will choose. But we will need both Brandon and Dylan living in L.A. near Kelly, similar to 5x30. That way, the playing field is level. BUT if you count Sammy, Kelly could've already chosen but she may believe that family comes first..

Last edited by heyitsrachel; 08-03-2010 at 09:12 PM
Old 08-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I agree.

As much as I love this episode, BK's date wasn't really hot as it was cute and adorable. I Kelly's dress when she was with Brandon and her hair was perfect.
No, I think you're right - it was more 'sweet' and 'cute' rather than hot.

And the other part of that promotional advertisment is just way off course because all it was is a car ride back. Brandon and Kelly actually made a connection there and at the retreat. Things were starting to shift in a mutual direction for them. Brenda just got stuck there in Palm Springs with no way back home and Dylan offered a ride, lol. There was no mutual passionate connection re-established, at least, not in my opinion. Not yet.

Quote:
I think that was when Brandon saw that Kelly talking to the chancello, he realized that she had really matured/changed.....but still look more beautiful than ever.

I was actually relieved with these scenes because I enjoyed Kelly's interactions with Brandon far more than I did with Dylan most of S4. I think it was exactly like Kelly told Andrea at the hospital just before she left for Washington: before the break-up with Dylan, she was just angry all the time. Going to Brandon just felt right.

Quote:
I agree and Dylan definitely had the money. Brandon had years of ring payments lined up for him. I don't think he would've spent so much money unless he was sure this was what he wanted. I think that's also why he kept the ring. Once of my favorite storylines in the show.
Aw, it was sweet, and wasn't there a point when Kelly went back looking for it (the ring) but then discovered that Brandon still had it?!

Quote:
I think a part of Kelly also was waiting to see how long she can make Brandon wait...just to get back at him. But she would hate to one day finally ready to forgive him just to find out that he's moved on to somebody else. I think that storyline could've dragged on if Brandon had stayed. Of course, sooner or later, they would've reunited.
Do you think part of that also might have been a test? By making him wait, she'd actually be seeing how committed he actually was to staying by her side, instead of just up and leaving her again to be with someone else, no matter how temporarily?!

Quote:
I think that it sucks that we would never get a straight answer of who Kelly will choose. But we will need both Brandon and Dylan living in L.A. near Kelly, similar to 5x30. That way, the playing field is level. BUT if you count Sammy, Kelly could've already chosen but she may believe that family comes first..
Unfortunately, I think this is sometimes a writing ploy of the writers and not necessarily so much to do with the characters because even if Kelly was experiencing some confusion and needed time - at some point, she would make a decision. I think the writers sometimes stretch things out like this so that 'closure' is never brought to one part of a love triangle.

The only thing about the spin-off that bothers me when it comes to BK is that Kelly actually did try to make it work with Dylan again - after she gets Brenda's 'blessing' to go to the ranch in Wyoming. Of course, things didn't work out and she comes back but that would lead one to maybe believe that spin-off Kelly has been written in as already having let go of Brandon and only sees him as a friend in the present while still being in love with Dylan (like Brenda accused in the parking lot) - especially if we take the 'Brandon has a family' dialogue into account with this. She could still be harboring buried feelings, though, we just will never know because the show didn't address it.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 08-03-2010 at 10:48 PM
Old 08-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Aw, it was sweet, and wasn't there a point when Kelly went back looking for it but then discovered that Brandon still had it?!
No, I think Tracy found the ring first thinking that Brandon was gonna proposed to her. Then Tracy confronted Kelly and told her that Brandon kept the ring. Kelly finds Brandon returning the ring in exchange for a bracelet for Tracy. Unknowingly to Brandon, Kelly buys the ring back.

Last edited by heyitsrachel; 08-03-2010 at 11:02 PM
Old 08-03-2010, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
No, I think Tracy found the ring first thinking that Brandon was gonna proposed to her. Then Tracy confronted Kelly and told her that Brandon kept the ring. Kelly finds Brandon returning the ring in exchange for a bracelet for Tracy. Unknowingly to Brandon, Kelly buys the ring back.
Yes, that's what I was thinking of, I thought Kelly got her hands on the ring at some point but thought I was remembering wrong. What season was this episode in again? S7? Yes, I see it at the bottom of the video. When it's after six, I tend to have a lapse in remembering detail because I haven't seen these episodes as much as I've seen the earlier ones.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Do you think part of that also might have been a test? By making him wait, she'd actually be seeing how committed he actually was to staying by her side, instead of just up and leaving her for someone else?!
Yeah, I do. But in 8x20, after Brandon left so many messages on Kelly's answering machine, it seems like he was ready to give up. Sooner or later, I think Kelly will miss Brandon calling him and apologizing. If she was over him, she wouldn't have cared if Brandon moved on.

Quote:
She could still be harboring buried feelings, though, we just will never know because the show didn't address it.
I agree. I also hate that in S9 and S10, it seems like they made Kelly look as if she can move on from Brandon but never from Dylan. I think that's how they build the fans up for the endgame. I'm not saying that this could not be true because it's definitely possible. I just don't see it. If I were Kelly, I would definitely hold a special place in my heart for Brandon, a person who meant so much to me that I was willing to marry and spend the rest of my life with. The time they spent together gave me the impression that they didn't have any doubt that that's what they want.

I remember when I was in high school, I used to read a poem that reminded me of the triangle. "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference. "
Closed Thread   Post New Thread