Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2010, 09:15 PM
New Fan

Yes, they really match, I'm sorry they didn't have a chance to end together. =/

Well, I'd love to! *-*
Old 07-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naty L. Potter (View Post)
Yes, they really match, I'm sorry they didn't have a chance to end together. =/
Me too. If they had, they would've been my favorite couple of all time. It's just that the ending is too painful to bar....I don't mean to sound so dramatic.

Glad to have you on this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naty L. Potter (View Post)
Well, I'd love to! *-*
Great. I just remember that I didn't start this thread. Caro will add you to the list the next time she logs on.....But I can add you to the B/D fan list now if you want.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Passionate Fan

HI Rachel,
That's the one I'm talking about, thanks! I think it talks about the cool storylines they wre doing that season, Val coming on and the B/K relationship and it working out so well and being popular, etc.
"You said we were destined to be together."
avie: thanks Paul!
Old 07-28-2010, 09:33 PM
New Fan

Thanks for everything. I wait, but I accept the invite for B/D list!

Guys, it was great to meet you, but here in Brazil is already 01:30 AM, so I need to sleep.

Good night for you all, tomorrow I come back.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessa24 (View Post)
HI Rachel,
That's the one I'm talking about, thanks! I think it talks about the cool storylines they wre doing that season, Val coming on and the B/K relationship and it working out so well and being popular, etc.
Awww...I would've love to read that. Looks like I'm convince to try to get in contact with my old friend (who hopefully is still my friend) But if I'm successful, I'll scan and post it ASAP.

One of the only other things I'm still dying to see is the Jason/Jennie ET interview from 1994.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:51 AM
Master Fan

Just a suggestion. Have you guys thought about making this thread #56? Milestone threads aren't required.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Slippers (View Post)
Just a suggestion. Have you guys thought about making this thread #56? Milestone threads aren't required.
I don't mind, making this #56. I guess another question is how far up the digits (49.7-9) are we willing to go before finally caving in.

What I would like to know is what's already done for the 50th thread. And if anyone's predicting when the the milestone thread is gonna finish. Because if no one is really working on it, then I think this could go on forever. Just my opinion.

Last edited by heyitsrachel; 07-29-2010 at 02:18 PM
Old 07-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Master Fan

Naty L. Potter: welcome here too! I've added you to BK fanlist already

Hey Ruby Thanks for your input...

Quote:
What I would like to know is what's already done for the 50th thread. And if anyone's predicting when the the milestone thread is gonna finish. Because if no one is really working on it, then I think this could go on forever. Just my opinion.
There's only some arts and icons ready, and I'm planning on sending that PM I sent to you to all the BK fans who were really active in this thread at any point....That's something I'll do soon as my PM inbox gets more free space (I delete 2 PMs and get three more, lol). I was hoping to have that ready for this weekend.
But if you guys feel like we can save those preparations for the 100th thread, I'd be ok with it too So, speak up, please
Old 07-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet's Walk (View Post)
There's only some arts and icons ready, and I'm planning on sending that PM I sent to you to all the BK fans who were really active in this thread at any point....That's something I'll do soon as my PM inbox gets more free space (I delete 2 PMs and get three more, lol). I was hoping to have that ready for this weekend.
But if you guys feel like we can save those preparations for the 100th thread, I'd be ok with it too So, speak up, please
I'll be fine with it either way. Since everyone seems so to be so busy, I'm even ok with continuously updating the OP little by little. I think that way, more people will look at the OP and provide ideas and suggestions that we may have not have thought of. It may seemed a little bit weird but it'll make every new thread we create, milestone thread.

Let me know what you think of this....

Good to know that some arts and icons are ready. The season moments should be great considering that this couple has scenes in all 10 seasons....yes, I'm counting Brandon's message in the finale as a scene with Kelly.

Also, if we were to skip the digits part, will the next thread be the 50th or 57th?
Old 07-29-2010, 10:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmurray (View Post)
I'll be fine with it either way. Since everyone seems so to be so busy, I'm even ok with continuously updating the OP little by little. I think that way, more people will look at the OP and provide ideas and suggestions that we may have not have thought of. It may seemed a little bit weird but it'll make every new thread we create, milestone thread.
I think that could work too

Quote:
Good to know that some arts and icons are ready. The season moments should be great considering that this couple has scenes in all 10 seasons....yes, I'm counting Brandon's message in the finale as a scene with Kelly.
Well, that would have to be one very special art for S10 You know, I'm gonna send you some arts I made and you'll get an asnwer about your PM this weekend for sure

Quote:
Also, if we were to skip the digits part, will the next thread be the 50th or 57th?
It would be 57th, definitely

So grateful to have her back on his arms
Old 07-29-2010, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've been away awhile, what milestone was the thread going for?!

Just a few thoughts ...

Quote:
Me too. If they had, they would've been my favorite couple of all time. It's just that the ending is too painful to bar....I don't mean to sound so dramatic.
Aw. If it helps, I used to feel that way but I talked myself out of it. I don't think the ending kills off BK at all. It really doesn't ... it's not like we got a finale where Kelly married Dylan and had 3.5 kids, got the white pickett fence house, and the family dog to boot. If the show ended like that .. then, I'd be curling up with my tissue box and --> Hope that makes you feel a little better.

I think at some point it's very realistic to believe that Brandon and Kelly grew, re-evaluated their feelings and their choices, and crossed paths once again. Maybe they weren't ready before but they got a second chance and knew not to throw it away this time around.

P.S. I don't count the spin-off btw. That's an AU version of our beloved characters anyway.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I've been away awhile, what milestone was the thread going for?!

Just a few thoughts ...
50th.

Quote:
Aw. If it helps, I used to feel that way but I talked myself out of it. I don't think the ending kills off BK at all. It really doesn't ... it's not like we got a finale where Kelly married Dylan and had 3.5 kids, got the white pickett fence house, and the family dog to boot. If the show ended like that .. then, I'd be curling up with my tissue box and --> Hope that makes you feel a little better.
I remember my friends and I were boosting Kleenex sales at their almost-wedding and post almost-wedding.

3.5 kids?

Quote:
I think at some point it's very realistic to believe that Brandon and Kelly grew, re-evaluated their feelings and their choices, and crossed paths once again. Maybe they weren't ready before but they got a second chance and knew not to throw it away this time around.

P.S. I don't count the spin-off btw. That's an AU version of our beloved characters anyway.
What's AU? Sorry, I'm really bad at acronyms.

I agree that they will cross paths once again....just like how Brenda also crossed paths with Dylan. I also think that it's cute how when Jennie was asked "Where do you think Kelly Taylor is now?" She replies, "I see Kelly on a tropical island, sitting on a beach in a bikini. She's with Brandon." Awww...I love that.

I think one good thing that the spinoff brought was that it still shows a strong friendship/bond between Brandon and Kelly. I love the part where Brandon keeps telling Kelly that she's beautiful. To me, it kinda has that same feeling we saw from Brandon's video message to Donna, "And give my love to Kelly." Kelly - "Is it just me or is he still disgustingly cute?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet's Walk (View Post)
I think that could work too

Well, that would have to be one very special art for S10 You know, I'm gonna send you some arts I made and you'll get an asnwer about your PM this weekend for sure

It would be 57th, definitely
Great! Thanks!

Last edited by heyitsrachel; 07-29-2010 at 11:17 PM
Old 07-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
50th.
Got it. Yeah, lol, I saw some other threads at other boards doing the whole 99.5 thing and stuff for the numbering of the threads and never really understood why before.

Quote:
I remember my friends and I were boosting Kleenex sales at their almost-wedding and post almost-wedding.
Just curious, were you watching the show during the time that this episode officially aired on TV for the first time or did you catch up on it in syndication afterwards?! The only reason I ask is because I was going to inquire into whether or not you knew that Jason was leaving that season ahead of time before the episode aired and knew that was the reason the wedding wouldn't be happening?! It sucks because I didn't know about Shannen's departure until after the fact back when the S4 finale already aired back in '94 and I was so looking forward to a BD reunion for the next season until I picked up a magazine in the summer that declared she had been let go from the show!

It was different for me with BK and the wedding, I caught these episodes later during syndication and already knew by this time that Jason had left the show so I didn't get that shocked feeling like I had the first time around.

Quote:
3.5 kids?
It's just part of a 'saying', it's not to be taken literally. It's like a spin on 'figurative speech' - I've heard it used before but it might sound strange to someone if they haven't come across the phrase before.

Quote:
What's AU? Sorry, I'm really bad at acronyms.
AU stands for 'alternate universe.'

Quote:
I agree that they will cross paths once again....just like how Brenda also crossed paths with Dylan. I also think that it's cute how when Jennie was asked "Where do you think Kelly Taylor is now?" She replies, "I see Kelly on a tropical island, sitting on a beach in a bikini. She's with Brandon." Awww...I love that.
That is cute. I remember liking some of the past analysis that Jennie offered on her preferences regarding BK and how that made Kelly as a person.

Quote:
I think one good thing that the spinoff brought was that it still shows a strong friendship/bond between Brandon and Kelly. I love the part where Brandon keeps telling Kelly that she's beautiful. To me, it kinda has that same feeling we saw from Brandon's video message to Donna, "And give my love to Kelly." Kelly - "Is it just me or is he still disgustingly cute?"
I didn't stick with the spin-off for very long - I couldn't get into the new characters and their stories because it was very boring for me and I did not like what they did to Brenda or the revised history regarding the triangle/relationships. I did not like how they cut BK off completely by having Brandon married with a family just like I didn't like Brenda being the new resident cheerleader for a DK relationship with the child connection. I don't know, for me, it was just too much negative for me that outweighed any potential good and the spin-off, IMO, did more of a smear job than the original show ever could. *lol*

You'll have to refresh my memory, though, in case I tuned out ahead of time or missed it, when did Brandon make those comments to her?!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 07-30-2010 at 12:06 AM
Old 07-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Just curious, were you watching the show during the time that this episode officially aired on TV for the first time or did you catch up on it in syndication afterwards?! The only reason I ask is because I was going to inquire into whether or not you knew that Jason was leaving that season ahead of time before the episode aired and knew that was the reason the wedding wouldn't be happening?! It sucks because I didn't know about Shannen's departure until after the fact back when the S4 finale already aired back in '94 and I was so looking forward to a BD reunion for the next season until I picked up a magazine in the summer that declared she had been let go from the show!
I saw the show while it aired for the first time. If I recall correctly, even though it was pretty obvious that Jason was gonna leave soon, he never really confirmed it until the start of S9. I guess the show was trying to keep the wedding episode in tact. But seriously, I think most die-hard fans knew he was leaving because he wanted the show to end in S8.

I think he definitely knew the wedding wasn't gonna happen as soon as he made it clear that he was leaving. It was either that or BK would be divorced by the beginning of S9. I don't think none of us would want to see that. There were some speculation that before the FOX picked up the show for S9, they had an original script that had BK married in the finale. Whether or not, BK still gave all those reasons why they shouldn't be together or the Emma storyline would be there, I don't really know. But if the speculation was true, everybody was suppose to show up for the wedding including Dylan and Brenda. Again, I don't know if this is true. But I heard a lot about this during the time.

Quote:
It was different for me with BK and the wedding, I caught these episodes later during syndication and already knew by this time that Jason had left the show so I didn't get that shocked feeling like I had the first time around.
I think as a BK fan, that'll be less painful.

Quote:
It's just part of a 'saying', it's not to be taken literally. It's like a spin on 'figurative speech' - I've heard it used before but it might sound strange to someone if they haven't come across the phrase before.
Ok, thanks for clarifying that for me.

Quote:
AU stands for 'alternate universe.'
Thanks!

Quote:
I did not like how they cut BK off completely by having Brandon married with a family
I know. I hate that part too. To me, it took Brenda to say one thing that killed any hope of BK getting back together at the time. But I still think she said it out of context. I need to see some development into Brandon's so-called family in order for me to believe he's actually married with a family.

Quote:
You'll have to refresh my memory, though, in case I tuned out ahead of time or missed it, when did Brandon make those comments to her?!
Brandon said - "And give my love to Kelly" in the series finale. And judging from Kelly, I think she already saw Brandon's message before it was shown to Donna.

Brandon telling Kelly that she's beautiful was in the spnoff in either the 1st or 2nd episode. He didn't appear in the spinoff but he told Brenda to pass along the message and Kelly tells Brenda that he said the same thing when he called her.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I saw the show while it aired for the first time. If I recall correctly, even though it was pretty obvious that Jason was gonna leave soon, he never really confirmed it until the start of S9. I guess the show was trying to keep the wedding episode in tact. But seriously, I think most die-hard fans knew he was leaving because he wanted the show to end in S8.
Speaking of S9, do you know what I found interesting?! The other day I went shopping in Target and I happened to breeze by the DVD section and caught the new release for the S9 box set. I think the advertizing is so deceptive since Brandon isn't even a S9 regular. They have Brandon smack dabb in the middle of the group on the cover, as if he is still one of the main cast for this season. They talk about him on the back of the box and there is even a clip of Valerie on the back too when her character is 'history' for this season.

If that doesn't say alot for Brandon and BK - I don't know what does!

Quote:
I think he definitely knew the wedding wasn't gonna happen as soon as he made it clear that he was leaving. It was either that or BK would be divorced by the beginning of S9. I don't think none of us would want to see that. There were some speculation that before the FOX picked up the show for S9, they had an original script that had BK married in the finale. Whether or not, BK still gave all those reasons why they shouldn't be together or the Emma storyline would be there, I don't really know. But if the speculation was true, everybody was suppose to show up for the wedding including Dylan and Brenda. Again, I don't know if this is true. But I heard a lot about this during the time.
BK 'divorced' like that would have sucked so I'm glad that never came to pass. It would have made a mockery of their whole relationship. Not that the show already didn't do that when they had to come up with all those 'revised' reasons on why BK shouldn't be together but the failed marriage would have been worse. I would much rather when that final step is taken, it is successful and Brandon does not strike me as the kind of guy that would just go into a marriage with Kelly 'willy nilly' and blow it off - especially when you take into consideration the role modeling he has in his own parents marriage (married 20+ years at this point). Of course, I can do without the Emma storyline.

Quote:
Ok, thanks for clarifying that for me.
Quote:
Thanks!
You're Welcome.

Quote:
I know. I hate that part too. To me, it took Brenda to say one thing that killed any hope of BK getting back together at the time. But I still think she said it out of context. I need to see some development into Brandon's so-called family in order for me to believe he's actually married with a family.
Just curious, what context do you think she meant it in? Because for me, I can't even think of anything else. However, I guess we can play semantics with it, she never did say 'wife' and 'kids' in order to be technical about it. I just don't know what else 'family' could mean - stepkids? Um, I guess I can stretch it to 'friends' but they'd have to be some really good friends to be considered that close or like family, or even addressed that way.

Quote:
Brandon said - "And give my love to Kelly" in the series finale. And judging from Kelly, I think she already saw Brandon's message before it was shown to Donna.
This one I remember, it was just the spin-off I was a little hazy on, sorry for not being specific on that.

Quote:
Brandon telling Kelly that she's beautiful was in the spnoff in either the 1st or 2nd episode. He didn't appear in the spinoff but he told Brenda to pass along the message and Kelly tells Brenda that he said the same thing when he called her.
Thanks, I remember now - I think this comment was actually passed along at the very end of the first episode when Brenda meets Kelly outside at the Peach Pit. Nat and Brenda reunite and hug and then Brenda passes on that message to her when they get to talking and Kelly remarks on how the 'Walsh kids' never stay long in one place. Kelly also admits to talking with Brandon on the phone in the early morning hours.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 07-31-2010 at 09:51 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread