Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2004, 07:40 PM
Ultimate Fan

omg u are so lucky manda...yellowrose i am trying to get the book on ebay.
Old 06-12-2004, 08:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey, ladies, I usually lurk here; however I got to see the sneak of The Notebook this evening. I simply had to come gush.

It was fantastic. One of the better love stories I've seen on a film. Ryan and Rachel had amazing chemistry, but more than that they seemed comfortable with each other and their characters. Rachel was so at ease in Allie's skin, so free. Not to mention absolutely gorgeous. Ryan, well, he inhabited Noah. He sold Noah's cockiness and made you fall in love with him along with Allie. These two made you believe how in love they were.

I also adored the romance between Allie and Noah. They argued. They annoyed each other. They hurt each other. Noah, at one point, told Allie that it wasn't going to be easy, but he wanted her, wanted to work every day to be together. He said it was her job to tell him when he was being an SOB and his job to tell her when she was being a pain in the arse.

If that ain't true romance, I don't know what is.

Then you have James Garner and Gena Rowlands, who were so incredible together. Garner made you smile, made you want to indulge him, as every one of the nursing staff did. He really portrayed an older Noah well. As for Gena, she was great, but since most of her screen time is spent in total oblivion of who this man is, as well as who she is, it's harder to see a grown up Allie in her. Most of her youthful spark is gone, but that's in keeping with her predicament.

Honorable mention must go to Sam Shepard and Joan Allen. Both had tremendous chemistry with their on-screen children. Sam and Ryan were sublime together. And when it was finally revealed why Allie's mother did what she did, you buy it, and that is all thanks to Ms. Allen.

As I left the theater tonight, most of the women were wiping at tears. I was too. The girl in front of me told her boyfriend (he was teasing her) that it was the onions that got her, to which he replied, "Honey, there were no onions."

But I have one gripe. The table Ryan made? Never made it to the screen. I was, like, whoa, hold on a minute here...

rk
Old 06-12-2004, 09:28 PM
Ultimate Fan

awww the love story seems so real in the movie...
Old 06-13-2004, 08:07 AM
Passionate Fan

Manda105 and RubyKate: Thanks for your reviews of the film. I'm not surprised that the table didn't make it into the film, I had a feeling chunks of their love scene would be cut.

Could someone please PM me more details on the carnival/ferris wheel scene? I'd really appreciate it.
Old 06-13-2004, 10:16 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the reviews! Now I really cant wait to see this movie! I cant believe the table scene didnt make it..thats a little dissapointing.

Because maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And afterall
You're my wonderwall
Old 06-13-2004, 10:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Mandy: I agree, it is disappointing that the table scene didn't make it into the film, but maybe it will show up on the DVD.

(Taken from Slightly Askew)
Old 06-13-2004, 03:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

You know, I was thinking about it. The bathtub scene was cut altogether and the love scene was trimmed quite a bit, which got me wondering about the DVD. Will it have deleted scenes? Will it have a commentary with Rachel and Ryan? Etc., etc.

The movie hasn't even been officially released, and I'm already pining for the DVD!

Oy.

Dude, do I have long wait ahead of me.
Old 06-13-2004, 04:52 PM
Master Fan

The Notebook

Old 06-13-2004, 05:23 PM
Extreme Fan

Jennifer ~*Justified1/2*~ : More beautiful avs! Snagged a couple

Because maybe
And afterall
You're my wonderwall
Old 06-13-2004, 05:52 PM
Loyal Fan

After reading a load of gushing reviews from people who have already seen the movie, let me say I officially hate you all.

The movie doesn't come out here until the 2nd July, which I know isn't that long, but still. ::pouts:: I am going to see it opening night, maybe even the day before if they show it then.
Old 06-13-2004, 06:30 PM
Passionate Fan

RubyKate: Someone posted earlier that Nicholas Sparks did commentary for the DVD. I would venture a guess that either the bath tub scene or an extension of the love scene will be on the DVD extras. It has to have extras, right?

Jennifer~*Justified1/2*~: Thank you for all of those beautiful avs!

- Helen -: Hang in there!
Old 06-13-2004, 06:43 PM
Ultimate Fan

jennifer i snagged 3 of the avators...they are soo beautiful... thankx for posting them...
Old 06-14-2004, 09:49 AM
Passionate Fan

RubyKate: I PM-ed you.

(Taken from Slightly Askew)

I saw the other cover for "The Notebook" yesterday. The book is bigger and there's an interview with Nicholas Sparks in the back.

(Taken from Slightly Askew & Yahoo!)
Old 06-14-2004, 10:11 AM
Master Fan

The Notebook

Old 06-14-2004, 10:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Jennifer ~*Justified1/2*~: snagged some of the new ones, great job!

Because maybe
And afterall
You're my wonderwall
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top