Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2004, 10:05 AM
Extreme Fan

I saw James Garner on Jay Leno, the clip they showed wasnt a flash back. It was just him and Gena Rollands sitting on a bench and talking, he was holding the notebook.

Because maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And afterall
You're my wonderwall
Old 06-17-2004, 10:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

YellowRose, the scene is that one I told you about - where Allie meets Mr. Calhoun. One of my absolute favorites!
Old 06-17-2004, 01:26 PM
Passionate Fan

For anyone who saw Jay Leno last night with James Garner, I think you will agree with me that James is a pretty kick-ass old man. His interview was hilarious. And you could tell that he has a lot of respect for Ryan and Rachel by the way he had to mention them before they showed his clip.

RoswellCutie86: You've been added to the list. Just check the first post.

Does anyone have any ideas for a new thread title. I know it's a bit early, but I know we have some creative people on this thread. By the way, the Ryan Gosling Board Request Thread has 41 votes. Most of them have been receive within the last two weeks. I still think that it's thanks to all of the Notebook promotion, and I'm loving it.

We seem to be getting new people on this thread everyday, so I just wanted to say hello, to everyone, and you can all call me Chrissy.

Eight more days til The Notebook.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:20 PM
Passionate Fan

I've seen James Garner before on "8 Simple Rules", and he is hilarous!

RubyKate: Thanks for letting me know which scene it is!

Chrissy: How about... "He hung from the ferris wheel" or "He wanted to change her mind"? Do you like those as thread title ideas?
Old 06-17-2004, 02:29 PM
Passionate Fan

I can just imagine him standing on the top of a ferris wheel and going "I'm king of the ferris wheels." I like those.

-"He hung from the ferris wheel" :
-"He wanted to change her mind" :
Old 06-17-2004, 03:04 PM
Ultimate Fan

james garner was funny and the clip was cute...np rubykate.. thankx aliasunknown...has anybody seen alot of commercials for the notebook??
Old 06-17-2004, 03:19 PM
Passionate Fan

Chrissy: I like the ferris wheel one!! The other one is from the trailer.

RoswellCutie86: I think the trailer is airing more frequently because the opening day is approaching!

I really like this picture, so I'm posting it again:

(Taken from Slightly Askew)
Old 06-17-2004, 03:32 PM
Passionate Fan

Taken from Slightly Askew:
• Liz Smith had a mention of The Notebook in her column today:
HOT THIS SUMMER: Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling in New Line's movie "The Notebook," an old-fashioned, decades-spanning love story. These kids generate a passion that belies the PG-13 rating. (One kitchen-table coupling had to be cut to preserve that rating. Watch for it on DVD.) There is plenty of sentiment in this one, and also veteran genius with the presence of James Garner and Gena Rowlands, who play the star-crossed pair in their maturity, facing illness and mortality. McAdams is especially fine, giving a stunningly intense, emotional performance as a girl torn between two men, her parents' wishes and small- town convention ...

The kitchen-table scene will be on the DVD!
Old 06-17-2004, 03:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think Ryan Gosling is so cute. When I saw the trailer for the Notebook, I turn to my best friend and was all like, "Dude! I'm in love with him"

"With friends like these who needs armies?"
Old 06-17-2004, 04:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

I don't know if anyone posted this yet, but Ryan is being named as one of People magazine's hottest bachelors. The magazine comes out tomorrow, but on People's website you can click through the guys until you come to Ryan, and there's a little snippet about him with a cute quote from one of "The Notebook" producers.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:32 PM
Passionate Fan

~Jacqui~: Welcome to the thread!

Manda105: Thanks for the info! When I tried to go to People's webpage, it asked me to sign up. I'll get the magazine tomorrow.
Old 06-17-2004, 05:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

YellowRose I think you have to be an AOL user to access the info, so here is what was posted:

RYAN GOSLING "People who see him as this darker, more brooding guy will be surprised how good-looking and charming and romantic he is," says Mark Johnson, producer of the 23-year-old star's upcoming film, The Notebook. Or they could just ask Sandra Bullock – the Murder by Numbers costars dated when she was 38 and he was 22.

By the way, the pic isn't new. It's the one of him in a red shirt laying on a couch.
Old 06-17-2004, 06:20 PM
Supreme Fan

Hey, just wanted to throw in my own admiration for the man. I used to catch the odd episode of Breaker High when it was on and I was absolutely thrown when I saw The Believer. This was the dude who played Sean...SEAN?! I can't wait to see the United States of Leland and The Notebook (usually I don't go for the ubersentimental romances but I enjoy the odd one and with Ryan in it I know I'll at least see a great performance).

He'd rock simply for being Canadian anyways. I mean, c'mon...Mike Myers, Donald Sutherland, Alanis Morrisette, Eugene Levy, John Candy (ok the whole cast of SCTV), Sarah Polley, Neil Young, Jeff Healy, Kim Cattrall, Pierre Trudeau, Leonard Cohen, David Cronenburg, Bobby Orr and every other great hockey player, Victor Garber, Steppenwolf. Mary Pickford.......Canadians are just inherently cool. (Celine Dion doesn't count...she's Vegas now)
Old 06-17-2004, 06:34 PM
Passionate Fan

LUSH: I totally agree! I had seen Ryan in "Breaker High" and "Remember the Titans" and then I saw "The Believer". It was hard to believe that it was the same performer.

Manda105: Thanks for bringing that blurb over.
Old 06-17-2004, 06:40 PM
Passionate Fan

I will most definitely be getting that magazine tomorrow. I'm a whore for anything Ryan right now, I would even freaking buy a Ryan lunch box, and I haven't made a lunch in years.

I'm watching RTT right now...I love him in this movie, even though it's such a small part.

Still eight days til The Notebook, but I'm waiting somewhat patiently.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top