Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2023, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

agree with casting of the general... not sure he's close to 70 in the character....but it is what it is... and Harrison is a good chose...also main character in Star Wars franchise which Disney owns now
Old 10-31-2023, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, the guys who play Gen. Ross would actually be at military retirement age.

Yeah, but Harrison killed off Han, and I'm not sure Indy will ever return.
Old 10-31-2023, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

sadly both Han and Leia are both dead.... yea, I think this was the final Indiana Jones movie...hope you will see it soon
Old 10-31-2023, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I will, Dave.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of what Kathleen Kennedy has done with Star Wars.
Old 11-01-2023, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

Well, not really. Batman vs. Superman wasn't technically a Batman movie, was it? And it's not like Superman did any better in the DCEU. That had more to do with how bad Zack Snyder was than anything else. Besides, you know that Batman will eventually return to a DC cinematic universe once James Gunn films Superman: Legacy.

You're welcome.

Yep.

You're welcome, and you're welcome again.

Yep, no one in Marvel other than Hank Pym suffers as much as Peter Parker.

Yes, I'd believe that, since audiences are more familiar with Gwen after The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Cool. Which one do you like more, Lego Marvel or Lego DC?

Here's what Spitfire looks like. Her outfit looks familiar, doesn't it? The flame behind her feet is because she runs superhumanly fast, not from any flame power.

Glad you agree.

Well, Multiverse of Madness and Secret Wars all make it seem like Feige is resetting.

You're welcome, and you're welcome.

D-Men?

Thanks for the link! They didn't exactly tell us much about what's going to happen with Fall of X and afterwards. I do like Scott and Jean's new outfits.
Hey Alex.

Thanks.

I know.

Thanks.

Yep.

Thanks.

Indeed.

Well, the game came out a year before TASM2.

Both.

Thanks. I see.

Thanks.

Yep.

Thanks.

Yes, since it's Dr. Doom's team.

No problem. Nope. Same.

Quote:
Screen Rant
The MCU Just Teased Its X-Men Introduction Comes Way Sooner Than You Might Expect
A new teaser for The Marvels hints at the possibility of X-Men characters appearing in the film. The brief highlight of the letter "X" in...
https://screenrant.com/mcu-the-marve...duction-tease/

Quote:
UPROXX
Marvel Is Hoping The X-Men Can Save The MCU From Superhero Fatigue
A new report claims Marvel is hoping to leverage the X-Men to revitalize the MCU
https://uproxx.com/movies/can-x-men-...nathan-majors/

Quote:
Collider
Doctor Doom May Replace Kang as Marvel's Next Major Villain
According to a new report, Marvel is eyeing iconic villain Doctor Doom to replace Jonathan Majors' Kang the Conqueror as their next major...
https://collider.com/marvel-doctor-doom-replace-kang/

Last edited by dragonfire; 11-01-2023 at 12:29 PM
Old 11-01-2023, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

I figured you did. Zack Snyder's DCEU never really did a Batman movie.

Someday they'll stop tormenting Peter and Hank.

Yep, and the first Amazing Spider-Man film is where Gwen was introduced to movie audiences, so it makes sense that she'd be in the video game.

Good answer. That's what I always tell people. I always say that DC and Marvel are like Mozart and Beethoven. They both sound beautiful, but they don't sound the same.

You're welcome. Yep, I think I told you when Marvel and NBC did Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, it was originally supposed to be Spider-Man, Iceman, and The Human Torch. But there were legal issues with the rights to the name "Human Torch" which belonged to the creator of the original Jim Hammond Human Torch from the 1940s that prevented both "Amazing Friends" and the 1978 Fantastic Four cartoon from using the Johnny Storm Human Torch, so Marvel created Firestar as a substitute.

Firestar's costume was inspired by Spitfire, and her red hair and persona were inspired by Mary Jane Watson. One of the writers of the show, Dennis Marks, named her after one of his old girlfriends, Angelica Jones.

You're welcome.

From what I've heard, the MCU is definitely moving towards a reboot. There's even talk of bringing back the original Avengers due to how poorly the MCU is doing, which I said would happen. The comics always go back to the core characters. Feige made the mistake of thinking that he could just constantly switch characters out with new ones, which you just can't do. If it wouldn't work with the Justice League, it wouldn't work with the Avengers.

You're welcome.

The idea of Doctor Doom having a team is just so wrong.

Thanks for the links. The X-Men are taking their sweet time getting to the MCU.

The X-Men won't save Marvel from superhero fatigue, not making bad Marvel movies will. Respecting the comics will.

Yeah, I heard that Doctor Doom will replace Kang. I'm not surprised since I said a long time ago that the MCU screwed up with Kang. The guy they cast obviously does not look like a descendant of Reed Richards.

Here's some more issues for you.

X-Men #28

Magneto #4

Scarlet Witch #10

Old 11-01-2023, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

I figured you did. Zack Snyder's DCEU never really did a Batman movie.

Someday they'll stop tormenting Peter and Hank.

Yep, and the first Amazing Spider-Man film is where Gwen was introduced to movie audiences, so it makes sense that she'd be in the video game.

Good answer. That's what I always tell people. I always say that DC and Marvel are like Mozart and Beethoven. They both sound beautiful, but they don't sound the same.

You're welcome. Yep, I think I told you when Marvel and NBC did Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, it was originally supposed to be Spider-Man, Iceman, and The Human Torch. But there were legal issues with the rights to the name "Human Torch" which belonged to the creator of the original Jim Hammond Human Torch from the 1940s that prevented both "Amazing Friends" and the 1978 Fantastic Four cartoon from using the Johnny Storm Human Torch, so Marvel created Firestar as a substitute.

Firestar's costume was inspired by Spitfire, and her red hair and persona were inspired by Mary Jane Watson. One of the writers of the show, Dennis Marks, named her after one of his old girlfriends, Angelica Jones.

You're welcome.

From what I've heard, the MCU is definitely moving towards a reboot. There's even talk of bringing back the original Avengers due to how poorly the MCU is doing, which I said would happen. The comics always go back to the core characters. Feige made the mistake of thinking that he could just constantly switch characters out with new ones, which you just can't do. If it wouldn't work with the Justice League, it wouldn't work with the Avengers.

You're welcome.

The idea of Doctor Doom having a team is just so wrong.

Thanks for the links. The X-Men are taking their sweet time getting to the MCU.

The X-Men won't save Marvel from superhero fatigue, not making bad Marvel movies will. Respecting the comics will.

Yeah, I heard that Doctor Doom will replace Kang. I'm not surprised since I said a long time ago that the MCU screwed up with Kang. The guy they cast obviously does not look like a descendant of Reed Richards.

Here's some more issues for you.

X-Men #28

Magneto #4

Scarlet Witch #10

Hey Alex.

Thanks.

I know.

Thanks.

Hopefully.

Yep.

I see.

I see.

I see.

Thanks.

I know.

Thanks.

Really?

No problem. I know but I have faith the wait will be worth it.

The X-Men saved comic book movies before, and they can do it again.

If it actually happens I wonder if it'll be MCU Doom, or a variant Doom like say Fox's Doom?

Thanks.

Quote:
AIPT
'X-Men: Forever' promises to answer Krakoa's darkest truths starting March 20th • AIPT
Tied to the FALL OF THE HOUSE OF X and RISE OF THE POWERS OF X, behold a story of mutant revelation in X-MEN: FOREVER, launching in March!
https://aiptcomics.com/2023/11/02/x-...er-march-20th/

Last edited by dragonfire; 11-02-2023 at 02:42 PM
Old 11-02-2023, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

Yep, which is funny considering Zack Snyder was such a fan of Frank Miller's Batman: The Dark Knight Returns.

You're welcome.

Yes, hopefully. Hopefully soon, after the MCU reboot.

I guess you preferred Emma's Stone's Gwen over Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane.

Well, don't you think? Fans and the public can never really choose either DC or Marvel, it's always both.

So I'm guessing you either already knew all that stuff about Firestar, or I already told you.

You're welcome.

So I guess you've been reading the news about Secret Wars and everything else Marvel's been going through lately?

Yes. Doctor Doom will always be a villain.

Let's hope the wait will be worth it.

Are you sure it was the X-Men? I thought it was Spider-Man?

It had better be an MCU Doom with battle armor like in the comics. The "metal man" Doom from Fox was terrible.

You're welcome.

Thanks. I don't want an answer to all of Krakoa's truths, I want it gone. It has run the X-Men into the ground.
Old 11-02-2023, 09:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

Yep, which is funny considering Zack Snyder was such a fan of Frank Miller's Batman: The Dark Knight Returns.

You're welcome.

Yes, hopefully. Hopefully soon, after the MCU reboot.

I guess you preferred Emma's Stone's Gwen over Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane.

Well, don't you think? Fans and the public can never really choose either DC or Marvel, it's always both.

So I'm guessing you either already knew all that stuff about Firestar, or I already told you.

You're welcome.

So I guess you've been reading the news about Secret Wars and everything else Marvel's been going through lately?

Yes. Doctor Doom will always be a villain.

Let's hope the wait will be worth it.

Are you sure it was the X-Men? I thought it was Spider-Man?

It had better be an MCU Doom with battle armor like in the comics. The "metal man" Doom from Fox was terrible.

You're welcome.

Thanks. I don't want an answer to all of Krakoa's truths, I want it gone. It has run the X-Men into the ground.
Hey Alex.

Thanks.

Yep.

Thanks.

Hopefully.

Maybe.

I know.

The latter.

Thanks.

Yes, and some are already trying to debunk the article but I wouldn't be surprised if the article is all true.

Thanks.

Yep.

Yes.

They both did but beside Blade the X-Men movie started the comic book movie revival, and unlike the Spidey movies the X-Men movies didn't reboot.

They had downfalls but they also had comebacks, and shoot they're even being use in the MCU. Stewart's Professor X, Jackman's Wolverine, etc.

Then there's the X-Men TAS being use as well, and from what I read about the future of X-Men comics it sounds like the X-Men are becoming Marvel's main priority.

Well, you never know.

Thanks.

No problem. I know.
Old 11-03-2023, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I considered Dr. Doom redeemable at some point. Quite tragic in his origins too.
Old 11-03-2023, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I considered Dr. Doom redeemable at some point. Quite tragic in his origins too.
I know what you mean, Rita. His origins were tragic, but then so were Magneto's. Ultimately they both did things that put redemption out of reach.

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

Yeah, I was actually surprised that Snyder decided to do Man of Steel and not a Batman movie.

You're welcome.

We'll have to wait and see.

I think you did. All you talk about is Gwen.

Yeah, I figured I already had.

You're welcome.

Yeah, I've read too many reports for that article to not be true. Everyone's talking about an MCU reboot, especially with all the problems Marvel has been having lately. Of course, I did warn everyone.

You're welcome.

Yeah, that's what I heard too. I keep hearing everyone say that it was actually Blade that made the MCU possible. The irony is that Wesley Snipes wanted to do Black Panther but did Blade instead because the studio didn't think that "spandex-wearing superheroes" would sell, and that since Blade dressed in black leather and hunted vampires he was a Marvel character that didn't look like a superhero. Remember, at one time Sony execs said that "no one gives a damn about any Marvel characters except Spider-Man."

Well, the X-Men movies did kinda reboot with First Class, dragonfire. Look at how different everything was after Days of Future Past. The original X-Men trilogy was erased.

Sure, the MCU will save the good stuff, like the stuff they did with Charles Xavier, Magneto, and Wolverine, but they couldn't get rid of the mistakes made with Cyclops and Jean Grey quickly enough.

Well, it also seems like Marvel will bring back the Avengers as well, because what they've done post-Endgame hasn't been working.

I think after Iron Man, Marvel will be more open to having Doom wear armor. The Fox Doom was not Doom.

You're welcome.

Let's see what Marvel does post-Krakoa.
Old 11-03-2023, 11:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

Yeah, I was actually surprised that Snyder decided to do Man of Steel and not a Batman movie.

You're welcome.

We'll have to wait and see.

I think you did. All you talk about is Gwen.

Yeah, I figured I already had.

You're welcome.

Yeah, I've read too many reports for that article to not be true. Everyone's talking about an MCU reboot, especially with all the problems Marvel has been having lately. Of course, I did warn everyone.

You're welcome.

Yeah, that's what I heard too. I keep hearing everyone say that it was actually Blade that made the MCU possible. The irony is that Wesley Snipes wanted to do Black Panther but did Blade instead because the studio didn't think that "spandex-wearing superheroes" would sell, and that since Blade dressed in black leather and hunted vampires he was a Marvel character that didn't look like a superhero. Remember, at one time Sony execs said that "no one gives a damn about any Marvel characters except Spider-Man."

Well, the X-Men movies did kinda reboot with First Class, dragonfire. Look at how different everything was after Days of Future Past. The original X-Men trilogy was erased.

Sure, the MCU will save the good stuff, like the stuff they did with Charles Xavier, Magneto, and Wolverine, but they couldn't get rid of the mistakes made with Cyclops and Jean Grey quickly enough.

Well, it also seems like Marvel will bring back the Avengers as well, because what they've done post-Endgame hasn't been working.

I think after Iron Man, Marvel will be more open to having Doom wear armor. The Fox Doom was not Doom.

You're welcome.

Let's see what Marvel does post-Krakoa.
Hey Alex.

Thanks.

I see.

Thanks.

Yep.

I know.

Yep.

Thanks.

Yep.

Thanks.

Yes.

Thanks for the info. I remember.

I know but it wasn't like the Spider-Man reboots. All the X-Men movies existed in the same universe with multiple timelines.

X-Men TAS did the same thing.

I know.

If they do it sounds like they want to bring them back for Secret Wars.

Well, I could see them using Julian McMahon's Doom for Secret Wars.

Thanks.

Ok.

Oh, now I can reveal the second part of my Phase Two.

Power Rangers Zeo figures, Power Rangers Turbo figure, Power Rangers In Space figures, and Power Rangers Lost Galaxy figures.

Plus some DVDs.
Old 11-04-2023, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

Well, Snyder definitely seems more like a Batman fan than a Superman fan.

You're welcome.

Yeah, but you care more about Spider-Gwen than Peter's Gwen.

You're welcome again.

Just heard more reports about Marvel Studios being in trouble if The Marvels flops.

You're welcome.

You're welcome. Glad you remember.

Yes, that's true. The Spider-Man movies are separate universes, while X-Men First Class is a spinoff parallel universe from the original trilogy caused by history being changed. Funny how everyone also looks totally different from the original trilogy and no one seems to age.

Oh, they did?

You think they'll bring back the old characters for Secret Wars? Do you think they'll keep the same actors? Everyone's getting kinda old now.

Nah, I don't think they'll use Julian's Doom. Too many fans are gonna want to see Doom's battle armor.

You're welcome.

Thanks for letting me know about your second part of Phase Two. Sounds cool! Lost Galaxy is the third series, right?

Which DVDs?
Old 11-04-2023, 10:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

Well, Snyder definitely seems more like a Batman fan than a Superman fan.

You're welcome.

Yeah, but you care more about Spider-Gwen than Peter's Gwen.

You're welcome again.

Just heard more reports about Marvel Studios being in trouble if The Marvels flops.

You're welcome.

You're welcome. Glad you remember.

Yes, that's true. The Spider-Man movies are separate universes, while X-Men First Class is a spinoff parallel universe from the original trilogy caused by history being changed. Funny how everyone also looks totally different from the original trilogy and no one seems to age.

Oh, they did?

You think they'll bring back the old characters for Secret Wars? Do you think they'll keep the same actors? Everyone's getting kinda old now.

Nah, I don't think they'll use Julian's Doom. Too many fans are gonna want to see Doom's battle armor.

You're welcome.

Thanks for letting me know about your second part of Phase Two. Sounds cool! Lost Galaxy is the third series, right?

Which DVDs?
Hey Alex.

Thanks.

I see.

Thanks.

I care about both.

Thanks.

Really? That would bum me out especially if the rumor credit scene is true. If you want I'll PM you what the rumor credit scene is.

Thanks.

Thanks.

I know.

Yes.

Yes. Yes, it's rumor the original MCU actors like RDJ, Evans, Johansson, etc. will return in Secret Wars.

They could have his Doom in the battle armor. They had Stewart's Professor X in the TAS outfit, and they have Jackman in the blue & yellow suit.

Thanks.

No problem. The seventh season.

Jekyll and Hyde... Together Again, License to Drive, Second Sight, and The Little Vampire.
Old 11-05-2023, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

Well, he does. Snyder himself said that he felt that Superman was a tough hero to put on film for modern audiences, which is why I knew he'd screw up.

You're welcome.

Ah, I see. But one is still dead.

You're welcome.

Sure, okay. PM me the rumor credit scene. But I keep seeing reports in my timeline of Marvel being in trouble because of the MCU.

That's what always annoyed me about the First Class movies. The issue of the cast never aging across four decades was always gonna be a problem.

Oh, so they will return? Well, I'm still hoping for young Hank and Janet because they deserve to be there. They need to get rid of old Hank and Janet.

But the Secret Wars movie still won't be like the comics.

That's what I said. Doom and his battle armor is what the MCU is gonna want to do. They're not gonna want to repeat what the Fox F4 did.

I know, I saw, but the brown and gold Wolverine suit is still better.

You're welcome.

The seventh season of what, Lost Galaxy? Is that how long it lasted?

Wow, really? Those are some classic 80s and 90s films.