Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2023, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sam's Comics #4: The place to talk about all things comics - comic books, movies, and television!

SAM'S COMICS

The place to talk about all things comics - comic books, movies, and television!

Old 10-17-2023, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Hey Alex.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Nope.

MMPR, Zeo, Turbo, and In Space. Yes.

Yep.

Yes, Andros's sister Karone/Astronema returned as the new Pink Ranger. Yes.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Thanks.

I know.

No problem. The ones who died at the Gala.

Quote:
IGN
Marvel Comics Reveals the New Ultimate Universe | New York Comic-Con 2023
Marvel Comics is introducing a new Ultimate Universe in 2024, and it shares an unexpected connection to Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.

https://www.ign.com/articles/marvel-...comic-con-2023

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome, and you're welcome.

They're now saying that the actors strike could last into December.

Ah, thanks for letting me know.

Wait, was his sister the villain who returned as a Ranger, or was that someone else and I'm just getting them mixed up?

You're welcome.

You're welcome again.

I'm glad you're in so much agreement with me, dragonfire.

Does anyone know how much of a reboot this "soft reboot" in Secret Wars will be?

You're welcome.

Oh... that gala. Who died there again? Anyone I know?

Thanks, dragonfire. Oh God, not the Ultimate Universe again. I hated that stupid thing the first time.
Old 10-18-2023, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, dragonfire!

They're now saying that the actors strike could last into December.

Ah, thanks for letting me know.

Wait, was his sister the villain who returned as a Ranger, or was that someone else and I'm just getting them mixed up?

You're welcome.

You're welcome again.

I'm glad you're in so much agreement with me, dragonfire.

Does anyone know how much of a reboot this "soft reboot" in Secret Wars will be?

You're welcome.

Oh... that gala. Who died there again? Anyone I know?

Thanks, dragonfire. Oh God, not the Ultimate Universe again. I hated that stupid thing the first time.
Hey Alex.

Thanks.

I know.

No problem.

The former.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Well, for one it's rumor the reboot will dump Holland, Larson, etc.

Thanks.

Yep. The ones who were chosen to be the new X-Men. I don't think so.

No problem. I think this is a reboot Ultimate Universe.

Quote:
CBR
Marvel Celebrates Wolverine's 50th Anniversary With a Month of Homage Variants
This January, to celebrate his 50th anniversary, Wolverine will be taking over more than a dozen iconic Marvel covers.
https://www.cbr.com/marvel-celebrate...mage-variants/
Old 10-18-2023, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

That sucks because Deadpool III and Beetlejuice 2 are so close to being completed. I just hope that Ryan and Hugh stay in shape until the strike is over so they can get back into those costumes. This will probably be the last time either of them play Wolverine and Deadpool.

Damn, his own sister was a villain? That's gotta suck.

You're welcome again.

Thank goodness. I have nothing against Holland, but he's just not Peter Parker. Like I said, Andrew Garfield was the only actor who most closely resembled Peter from the comics. As for Larson... They need to reboot Carol Danvers completely, and restore her storyline with Mar-Vell. Seriously, what was wrong with Mar and Carol that they had to change things so radically? Someone in Hollywood doesn't like the idea of a woman inheriting a heroic mantle from a man, and one she was romantically involved with?

I'm also hearing that The Marvels is going to flop badly. They're supposedly reshooting things already. The main problem is that Kamala Khan and Monica Rambeau hardly have anything to do with Carol's storyline in the comics, other than all having shared the word "Marvel" in their names, so what are they even doing there?

You're welcome.

Oh, so they killed off the characters who were chosen to be the new X-Men? That's ironic.

A rebooted Ultimate Universe is still unnecessary. I don't trust the Ultimates to not screw up our beloved characters. Did you see what the Ultimates did to them the first time?

Thanks for the link! Wow, they just ripped off so many Spider-Man covers for whose Wolverine variant covers, didn't they?

It's been 53 years already? That's right, Wolverine was introduced in 1973 in The Incredible Hulk. Damn...

Sorry for posting so late. I went into work at 4am because it was inventory day, and I was so exhausted from lack of sleep that I took a long nap after work and overslept.

Here's some X-Men stuff for you as an apology.

Astonishing Iceman #3

Scarlet Witch #9

Children of the Vault #3

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 10-18-2023 at 10:39 PM
Old 10-19-2023, 10:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

That sucks because Deadpool III and Beetlejuice 2 are so close to being completed. I just hope that Ryan and Hugh stay in shape until the strike is over so they can get back into those costumes. This will probably be the last time either of them play Wolverine and Deadpool.

Damn, his own sister was a villain? That's gotta suck.

You're welcome again.

Thank goodness. I have nothing against Holland, but he's just not Peter Parker. Like I said, Andrew Garfield was the only actor who most closely resembled Peter from the comics. As for Larson... They need to reboot Carol Danvers completely, and restore her storyline with Mar-Vell. Seriously, what was wrong with Mar and Carol that they had to change things so radically? Someone in Hollywood doesn't like the idea of a woman inheriting a heroic mantle from a man, and one she was romantically involved with?

I'm also hearing that The Marvels is going to flop badly. They're supposedly reshooting things already. The main problem is that Kamala Khan and Monica Rambeau hardly have anything to do with Carol's storyline in the comics, other than all having shared the word "Marvel" in their names, so what are they even doing there?

You're welcome.

Oh, so they killed off the characters who were chosen to be the new X-Men? That's ironic.

A rebooted Ultimate Universe is still unnecessary. I don't trust the Ultimates to not screw up our beloved characters. Did you see what the Ultimates did to them the first time?

Thanks for the link! Wow, they just ripped off so many Spider-Man covers for whose Wolverine variant covers, didn't they?

It's been 53 years already? That's right, Wolverine was introduced in 1973 in The Incredible Hulk. Damn...

Sorry for posting so late. I went into work at 4am because it was inventory day, and I was so exhausted from lack of sleep that I took a long nap after work and overslept.

Here's some X-Men stuff for you as an apology.

Astonishing Iceman #3

Scarlet Witch #9

Children of the Vault #3

Hey Alex.

Thanks.

I know. Well, they're rumor to return in Secret Wars.

Yes, but she was revived as good at the end of In Space.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Well, it's rumor Holland's exit is because of the Disney&Sony deal, and the others is because they're expensive for Disney.

I used to think that was all of Hollywood but after Ghostbusters: Afterlife with Egon's granddaughter inheriting his heroic mantle, the new Night Court with Harry Stone's daughter inheriting his heroic mantle, etc. I guess it's more of a Disney thing except maybe for the Santa Clauses.

Yep. Maybe they want to copy No Way Home's success. You liked seeing three Spideys? Well, here's three Marvels.

Thanks.

Yep, and now they're bringing them back.

I know.

No problem. Yep.

I thought he debut in 74 since they're celebrating his 50th anniversary in January?

It's ok.

Thanks.

Quote:
Marvel.com
Cable Joins the Final Battle for Krakoa in New 'Cable' Series by Fabian Nicieza
Tied to the end of the X-Men's Krakoa era, Fabian Nicieza and Scot Eaton launch an all-new 'Cable' series this January.
https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-battle-krakoa

Quote:
The Hollywood Reporter
‘The Marvels’ Tracking for $75M-$80M Domestic Debut in Latest Test of Box Office Superhero Fatigue
'The Marvels' is tracking for a $70 million-$80 million debut in the latest test of box office superhero fatigue.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ng-1235622799/

Last edited by dragonfire; 10-19-2023 at 12:23 PM
Old 10-19-2023, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

Oh, so Secret Wars will be Hugh and Ryan's last appearance?

Ah, the old "revive a villain as a good guy" trick. Nice.

You're welcome again.

You're welcome yet again.

Well, I have no problem with Holland's exit, but what about Spider-Man? Can the MCU sustain Peter being in the MCU even with another actor? I'd love for Garfield to take over again.

I see. But remember that Ghostbusters went through their own issues with the 2016 all-female reboot.

You know that's totally different, dragonfire. The three Spideys were from different universes. Carol, Monica, and Kamala are three different characters from the same universe who don't really have anything to do with each other. Carol does the cosmic stuff that Monica and Kamala don't get into.

You're welcome.

Bringing them back as zombies, or as living people?

Well, forgive me if I think that a reboot of the Ultimate universe is the last thing we need.

Some of those Wolverine covers made me laugh. A lot of Spider-Man envy.

Damn, that's right. Wolverine made his debut in The Incredible Hulk #180 in November of 1974. My mistake. I don't know why I thought it was 1973.

Thanks. I overslept again today. My first day of vacation.

You're welcome.

Thanks for the links! Man, they're really dragging out the end of Krakoa, aren't they?

I figured that about The Marvels. I hate how the MCU totally wasted Carol.

Here's another one for you. A Deadpool/Wolverine/Spider-Man team up!

Deadpool - Badder Blood #5

Old 10-19-2023, 07:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

Oh, so Secret Wars will be Hugh and Ryan's last appearance?

Ah, the old "revive a villain as a good guy" trick. Nice.

You're welcome again.

You're welcome yet again.

Well, I have no problem with Holland's exit, but what about Spider-Man? Can the MCU sustain Peter being in the MCU even with another actor? I'd love for Garfield to take over again.

I see. But remember that Ghostbusters went through their own issues with the 2016 all-female reboot.

You know that's totally different, dragonfire. The three Spideys were from different universes. Carol, Monica, and Kamala are three different characters from the same universe who don't really have anything to do with each other. Carol does the cosmic stuff that Monica and Kamala don't get into.

You're welcome.

Bringing them back as zombies, or as living people?

Well, forgive me if I think that a reboot of the Ultimate universe is the last thing we need.

Some of those Wolverine covers made me laugh. A lot of Spider-Man envy.

Damn, that's right. Wolverine made his debut in The Incredible Hulk #180 in November of 1974. My mistake. I don't know why I thought it was 1973.

Thanks. I overslept again today. My first day of vacation.

You're welcome.

Thanks for the links! Man, they're really dragging out the end of Krakoa, aren't they?

I figured that about The Marvels. I hate how the MCU totally wasted Carol.

Here's another one for you. A Deadpool/Wolverine/Spider-Man team up!

Deadpool - Badder Blood #5

Hey Alex.

Thanks.

Maybe.

Yep.

Thanks.

Thanks.

It won't be a problem since most likely once Holland is done with Spidey, Disney&Sony will go their separate ways.

I know.

It was a joke.

Thanks.

I think the former.

It's ok.

I see.

Yep. It's ok.

No problem. Congrats.

Thanks.

No problem. Yep.

I know.

Thanks.

Quote:
Comic Book Movie
THE MARVELS Star Brie Larson Was Reportedly "Disillusioned" Over Online Backlash; May Not Want To Reprise Role
Larson will return as Captain Marvel in next month's sequel, The Marvels, but if these assertions are accurate, there's a chance she is...
Quote:
Though the Academy Award-winner has previously brushed off the backlash ("I don’t have time for it"), in the recently-released MCU: The Reign of Marvel Studios book, author Joanna Robinson indicated that it did take its toll on Larson, who was reportedly being positioned to lead the MCU as part of its new "trinity" at one point.

"The future of those Marvel icons was unclear. The departure of franchise anchors like Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, and Scarlett Johansson had already taken its toll, as had the shocking loss of Chadwick Boseman, but other MCU stalwarts were heading for the exits. The Guardians of the Galaxy cast went on a farewell tour, Brie Larson grew disillusioned, and Marvel tussled with Sony in a custody battle over Tom Holland."

While chatting on a recent episode of The Watch podcast, Robinson went a step further by claiming that Larson doesn't want to play Danvers any longer.

"[Marvel Studios] put Brie Larson in [a prominent place in the MCU]. I don't know if Brie Larson was the wrong person for the role necessarily. But the toxic backlash means that Brie Larson doesn't want to play Carol Danvers anymore."
https://comicbookmovie.com/captain-m...7283#gs.75wf6n
Old 10-20-2023, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

Well, given how old they both are, I'd be surprised if they came back after Secret Wars. Who knows when Deadpool III will be finished?

You're welcome.

You're welcome again.

Wait, so you think that means there won't be anymore Spider-Man MCU films? That sucks. Felicia Hardy still hasn't shown up yet.

I know it was a joke.

You're welcome again.

More zombies again? But if they're zombies, then how can they realistically return?

Yeah, I never liked the Ultimate universe for what they did to Hank Pym, Peter Parker, Scott Summers, you name it.

Well, I was only four years old when Wolverine first appeared.

Thanks. I'm gonna finish off Smallville with Tia during my vacation.

You're welcome again.

I don't think I'm the only one who will be glad to see Krakoa gone.

You're welcome, and thanks for the link and the info. I'm not the least bit sympathetic to Brie Larson because she contributed to ruining Carol Danvers.
Old 10-21-2023, 01:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

Well, given how old they both are, I'd be surprised if they came back after Secret Wars. Who knows when Deadpool III will be finished?

You're welcome.

You're welcome again.

Wait, so you think that means there won't be anymore Spider-Man MCU films? That sucks. Felicia Hardy still hasn't shown up yet.

I know it was a joke.

You're welcome again.

More zombies again? But if they're zombies, then how can they realistically return?

Yeah, I never liked the Ultimate universe for what they did to Hank Pym, Peter Parker, Scott Summers, you name it.

Well, I was only four years old when Wolverine first appeared.

Thanks. I'm gonna finish off Smallville with Tia during my vacation.

You're welcome again.

I don't think I'm the only one who will be glad to see Krakoa gone.

You're welcome, and thanks for the link and the info. I'm not the least bit sympathetic to Brie Larson because she contributed to ruining Carol Danvers.
Hey Alex.

Thanks.

I know.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Yes. I know.

Good.

Thanks.

Well, after reading the article again seems they're not zombies.

I know.

I see.

No problem. Enjoy.

Thanks.

Nope.

Thanks, and no problem. I know.

Quote:
Comic Book Movie
FANTASTIC FOUR: Matt Shakman Talks Replacing Jon Watts; Confirms WANDAVISION Writer Has Joined Reboot
Fantastic Four director Matt Shakman discusses replacing Jon Watts as the movie's director, revealing what he hopes to bring to Marvel's...
https://comicbookmovie.com/fantastic...reboot-a207339

Quote:
GamesRadar
The 10 best Marvel's Spider-Man 2 easter eggs and secrets
These Marvel's Spider-Man 2 easter eggs and secrets reference X-Men, Fantastic Four, Doctor Strange, Avengers villains and more!
https://www.gamesradar.com/marvels-s...2-easter-eggs/
Old 10-21-2023, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

Well, I just hope they both stay in shape until then.

You're welcome, and you're welcome again.

Well, I don't like the idea of stranding Peter Parker outside of the MCU again. Sony needs to realize that they can't compete with either Marvel/Disney or Warner Bros. cinematic universes while only having the rights to one character. It was a stupid decision they made back in the 1990s assuming that no one cared about any Marvel characters other than Spider-Man, and they might as well give him up since their films keep flopping without having a cinematic universe to tether them to.

Okay.

You're welcome.

Oh, so are they just resurrected people and not zombies?

Glad you know.

Yep.

Thanks. We're halfway through season 10. Just nine more episodes to go until we finish the entire series. I'm gonna miss that show.

You're welcome again.

I know sum1 will be happy to know Krakoa is gone as well.

You're welcome.

Thanks for the links! Let's hope they don't screw up F4 again. I didn't see WandaVision, so I don't know this screenwriter.

Oh, that's Spider-Man 2 the video game? For a moment I thought they meant the movie.
Old 10-24-2023, 10:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

Well, I just hope they both stay in shape until then.

You're welcome, and you're welcome again.

Well, I don't like the idea of stranding Peter Parker outside of the MCU again. Sony needs to realize that they can't compete with either Marvel/Disney or Warner Bros. cinematic universes while only having the rights to one character. It was a stupid decision they made back in the 1990s assuming that no one cared about any Marvel characters other than Spider-Man, and they might as well give him up since their films keep flopping without having a cinematic universe to tether them to.

Okay.

You're welcome.

Oh, so are they just resurrected people and not zombies?

Glad you know.

Yep.

Thanks. We're halfway through season 10. Just nine more episodes to go until we finish the entire series. I'm gonna miss that show.

You're welcome again.

I know sum1 will be happy to know Krakoa is gone as well.

You're welcome.

Thanks for the links! Let's hope they don't screw up F4 again. I didn't see WandaVision, so I don't know this screenwriter.

Oh, that's Spider-Man 2 the video game? For a moment I thought they meant the movie.
Hey Alex.

Thanks.

Same.

Thanks.

To be honest I think maybe people are burn out on cinematic universes like the MCU so Sony will probably be ok.

Yep.

Thanks.

I guess so. I thought zombies because of Halloween.

Thanks.

Yep.

No problem. Enjoy the final episodes.

Thanks.

I was thinking the same thing.

Thanks.

No problem. Yes. I see.

Yes. Seems they used the Baxter Building just like the Lego Game.

Quote:
AIPT
X-Men Monday #224 - Halloween Book Club With Steve Foxe • AIPT
In this edition of X-Men Monday, we celebrate Halloween with writer Steve Foxe by looking back at 'Generation X' #22.
https://aiptcomics.com/2023/10/23/x-...en-steve-foxe/

Quote:
CBR
Kevin Feige Reportedly Has Two Names Banned From Future MCU Projects
According to the new book MCU: The Reign of Marvel Studios, there are two specific names Kevin Feige refuses to work with ever again.
https://www.cbr.com/kevin-feige-two-...rk-with-again/
Old 10-24-2023, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

I'm sure they can. The strike can't last forever.

You're welcome again.

Well, the public might be tired of the cinematic universe (because Marvel did it the wrong way), but again, there's only so much you can do with just one character. They can't just keep telling Peter's origin story over and over again, and without the rest of the Marvel universe, Peter's story becomes very limited.

You're welcome again.

Oh, okay. You just had zombies on the brain because it's October. But they're still resurrected corpses, right? Or are they just made no longer dead, like what the X-Men did on Krakoa?

You're welcome.

Thanks. I'm enjoying the final episodes, but it's still sad to say goodbye to this show. Only nine episodes left.

You're welcome again.

Yep. I'll let him know in my next PM.

You're welcome.

They used the Baxter Building in the Spider-Man 2 video game? Why are so many video game designers so fascinated by a building that got blown up in the 1980s? Four Freedoms Plaza has been their headquarters since the 80s.

Thanks for the links. I love Halloween-themed comic books.

Yeah, that doesn't surprise me about Joss Whedon and Kevin Feige. But I don't particularly like Feige either because he doesn't know what he's doing. Yeah, the films make money, but they're getting more and more ridiculous. I'd love to know what Edward Norton's ideas were.
Old 10-24-2023, 09:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

I'm sure they can. The strike can't last forever.

You're welcome again.

Well, the public might be tired of the cinematic universe (because Marvel did it the wrong way), but again, there's only so much you can do with just one character. They can't just keep telling Peter's origin story over and over again, and without the rest of the Marvel universe, Peter's story becomes very limited.

You're welcome again.

Oh, okay. You just had zombies on the brain because it's October. But they're still resurrected corpses, right? Or are they just made no longer dead, like what the X-Men did on Krakoa?

You're welcome.

Thanks. I'm enjoying the final episodes, but it's still sad to say goodbye to this show. Only nine episodes left.

You're welcome again.

Yep. I'll let him know in my next PM.

You're welcome.

They used the Baxter Building in the Spider-Man 2 video game? Why are so many video game designers so fascinated by a building that got blown up in the 1980s? Four Freedoms Plaza has been their headquarters since the 80s.

Thanks for the links. I love Halloween-themed comic books.

Yeah, that doesn't surprise me about Joss Whedon and Kevin Feige. But I don't particularly like Feige either because he doesn't know what he's doing. Yeah, the films make money, but they're getting more and more ridiculous. I'd love to know what Edward Norton's ideas were.
Hey Alex.

Thanks.

Nope.

Thanks.

I know.

Thanks.

Yep. Maybe.

Thanks.

No problem. I see.

Thanks.

Good.

Thanks.

Seems like it. Reminds me of Marvel being so fascinated by Gwen Stacy. I know.

No problem. Same.

I know. Same.
Old 10-24-2023, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

Nope, they can't stay in shape, or nope, the strike can't last forever?

You're welcome again.

Glad you agree. I'd rather have Peter Parker under the same tent as the rest of the Marvel characters and not separate.

You're welcome.

So this is more of that Krakoa resurrection that they stole from Battlestar Galactica?

You're welcome.

Well, isn't it difficult for you to say goodbye to a show when you know it's about to end? Except for Riverdale.

You're welcome again.

You're welcome again.

Yeah, I was just thinking about that. The Baxter Building and Gwen Stacy.

You like Halloween themed comics too?

If only Joss wasn't such a jerk, and Feige wasn't such a moron.
Old 10-26-2023, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hi, dragonfire!

You're welcome.

Nope, they can't stay in shape, or nope, the strike can't last forever?

You're welcome again.

Glad you agree. I'd rather have Peter Parker under the same tent as the rest of the Marvel characters and not separate.

You're welcome.

So this is more of that Krakoa resurrection that they stole from Battlestar Galactica?

You're welcome.

Well, isn't it difficult for you to say goodbye to a show when you know it's about to end? Except for Riverdale.

You're welcome again.

You're welcome again.

Yeah, I was just thinking about that. The Baxter Building and Gwen Stacy.

You like Halloween themed comics too?

If only Joss wasn't such a jerk, and Feige wasn't such a moron.
Hey Alex.

Thanks.

Both.

Thanks.

I know.

Thanks.

Maybe.

Thanks.

Yes. I was thinking the same thing.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Yep.

Yes.

Yep.

Quote:
AIPT
EXCLUSIVE Marvel Preview: X-Men #28 • AIPT
Juggernaut has come a long way from his beginnings as a bully transformed into an unstoppable foe of the X-Men.
https://aiptcomics.com/2023/10/26/ex...view-x-men-28/

Quote:
Screen Rant
Marvel Officially Confirms Scarlet Witch Died In Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness
Scarlet Witch's MCU return is highly doubtful after a new Marvel book appears to confirm the death of the character in Multiverse of...
https://screenrant.com/scarlet-witch...firmed-marvel/
Closed Thread   Post New Thread