Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2017, 07:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

Nice theory about Hal. I do think they're setting him up to be a bad guy, or possibly the Black Hood. Yeah, let's have the Black Hood kill Penny.

Cole and Lily as young FP and Alice? I think fans might think that was a cop-out. Come on, you can't get young actors who look like Skeet and Madchen?
And why are you done with the Star Wars movies? I've heard that The Last Jedi is supposed to be the best one since The Empire Strikes Back. And thanks for the info on the Disney/Fox deal. It's disturbing to see the Mouse standing behind all the heroes like fing Galactus. I just heard that Disney officially bought Fox films for $52 billion or something.
Yep, Hal being a bad guy would make sense, and I could see them writing him out of the show for Falice. Yeah, she can join Grundy. Well, they do look like them. It just isn't the same anymore to me. And that picture is now a reality.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:43 PM
Master Fan

My niece just popped out her second son at about 3 in the morning. I am really tired after rushing out to meet him! He surprised them at home (that was her worst nightmare).
Old 12-14-2017, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldrguy (View Post)
My niece just popped out her second son at about 3 in the morning. I am really tired after rushing out to meet him! He surprised them at home (that was her worst nightmare).
OMG, congratulations, Evan! Congratulations to your niece! That's an awesome Christmas present!

And it's great seeing you here again! We missed you! I hope you'll have more time to post here after the holidays. Have a Merry Christmas, Evan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Yep, Hal being a bad guy would make sense, and I could see them writing him out of the show for Falice. Yeah, she can join Grundy. Well, they do look like them. It just isn't the same anymore to me. And that picture is now a reality.
Yeah, I do think they're setting Hal up to be either a bad guy or a victim. They haven't done much to make the audience fond of him. You don't hate him, but you wouldn't mind if he were gone either. But I don't want Betty to lose her dad either. Sadly, that's probably what's gonna happen. And I don't think they'll kill Penny until just the right moment, after the audience hates her just enough.

Yep, I saw. Disney now owns Fox, which means that after Infinity War and Avengers 4, the MCU is headed for a major restructuring. Hopefully this means the entire storyline gets thrown out and improved. And I'm glad they're gonna keep making R-rated movies like Deadpool.
Old 12-14-2017, 04:41 PM
Master Fan

I've been lurking, but since I don't watch Riverdale there hasn't been much for me to talk about! I'm a bit worried about the partial take over of Fox (Murdoch still has Fox News & Fox Sports) with Disney all ready having ABC it could make for problematic programming. They may have to start over with the MCU & X-verse to make it work. I know you want that anyway, but you know...
Old 12-14-2017, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldrguy (View Post)
I've been lurking, but since I don't watch Riverdale there hasn't been much for me to talk about! I'm a bit worried about the partial take over of Fox (Murdoch still has Fox News & Fox Sports) with Disney all ready having ABC it could make for problematic programming. They may have to start over with the MCU & X-verse to make it work. I know you want that anyway, but you know...
Awww, that's okay, Evan! We have lots of other stuff to talk about. I talk about The Gifted all the time, and that's X-Men stuff. Just don't be a stranger, okay? We love having you here. There's gotta be stuff we can talk about.

Yes, you know I'm not worried about the Disney takeover of Fox as long as they let Fox keep making R-rated movies like Logan and Deadpool, which they've said will happen. And I don't mind if they retcon or reboot the MCU and the X-universe because I want Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne in the Avengers movies as Ant-Man and Wasp, not this Scott Lang/Hope Van Dyne bull. They can start all over again with Ultron and do it right, as well as the Mandarin storyline in Iron Man, have Magneto be Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch's father and have Quicksilver alive again, Wolverine and Captain America knowing each other in WWII, have the Fantastic Four and X-Men team with the Avengers, do the Kree-Skrull war, Galactus and the Silver Surfer, and lots of other stuff. But they still need to get Hulk away from Universal so the lovely She-Hulk can be in the MCU. I also wouldn't mind Sony finally giving up Spider-Man for good now that they see that resistance is futile. The Mouse will not be denied.

And look on the bright side. Now the 20th Century Fox logo can go back on the Star Wars intros. But that stuff with ABC and FOX might be a bit of an issue, I agree. I'm sure they'll work it out.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Yeah, I do think they're setting Hal up to be either a bad guy or a victim. They haven't done much to make the audience fond of him. You don't hate him, but you wouldn't mind if he were gone either.
Me too. Well, I think they tried to redeem him with the Coopers&Blossoms being related, being the reason why he wanted the twins aborted, but I guess the damage was already done. Plus can't forget about the fans wanting Falice to get together, and the ship captains Madchen&Skeet wants Falice to get together as well.
Old 12-15-2017, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Me too. Well, I think they tried to redeem him with the Coopers&Blossoms being related, being the reason why he wanted the twins aborted, but I guess the damage was already done. Plus can't forget about the fans wanting Falice to get together, and the ship captains Madchen&Skeet wants Falice to get together as well.
Yeah, and notice how Hal hasn't been seen a lot this season? I wonder why?

Well, Falice might be a foregone conclusion at this point. And did you see the Riverdale episode yet? I'm about to watch it right now.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah, and notice how Hal hasn't been seen a lot this season? I wonder why?

Well, Falice might be a foregone conclusion at this point. And did you see the Riverdale episode yet? I'm about to watch it right now.
Probably cleansing the town of the sinners. Yep and let's not forget about their possible Son, who's probably a foregone conclusion as well. And if Andre turns out not to be a secret agent, he could still be Falice's secret Son. I hope you enjoy it.
Old 12-16-2017, 01:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

hey evan long time no see and congrats to ur neice!!!! eek so they didnt make it to the hosptital haha havent had that happen in my family yet hehe

also i hope they never restart mcu universe im so happy with it i love all the movies and casting

dont worry about it alex if u ever miss a day posting sometimes i miss 3 days and ur work must be pretty busy now with christmas shopping

how does disney even afford everything

ive learnt to not be pissed anymore at golden globes and emmys cause ive had lots of my fav shows actors miss out when they had award winning performances so i just take what i can get but it is a shame that they nevr got awards for bates

i dont ship barchie but i enjoy there scenes sometimes just not when they i felt nothingggggggggggggggggg

also i always thought everyone liked finn and rey so im glad the other ship is winning mwhahahahaha

btw i still dont get some things about river finale like that end with betty was pretty freaky
Old 12-16-2017, 03:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergirl (View Post)

also i hope they never restart mcu universe im so happy with it i love all the movies and casting

how does disney even afford everything

btw i still dont get some things about river finale like that end with betty was pretty freaky
They'll probably just reboot the X-Men and the FF. With Disney magic. I think the ending could be hinting at Hal being the BH. Oh it may be wrong, but after watching the mid-season finale for OUAT, I'm still shipping Henry&Ivy/Drizella.
Old 12-16-2017, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

OMG, I just saw Riverdale! Cheryl saw mommy kissing Santa Claus. Archie and Betty shared a kiss, but it seems that Varchie is back together! But what exactly did Veronica's parents tell her? I'm kind of afraid for what Veronica got herself into with her dad. I'm also afraid for Jughead because of what he did to Penny. FP knows she's gonna come back and I hope Juggie hasn't gotten in over his head. OMG, he cut her tattoo off. But I did like how Jughead rallied the Serpents behind him in their snake masks. And OMG, Grandma Blossom is scary as hell! So that janitor was the Black Hood after all? Are we really supposed to believe this is all over? Did Archie really see that guy, or someone else? I did like Archie and Betty going all Mulder and Scully on the Black Hood. For a moment I thought he was actually gonna get buried in that coffin!

And it seems everyone is broke in Riverdale. Archie and his dad are up to their ears in debt because of Fred's medical bills, but thankfully Veronica paid them. And using Hermione's credit card. The Blossoms are broke, but that didn't stop Cheryl from buying a Christmas tree. Granny Blossom said she and Jason should've been drowned at birth like puppies? Bughead might be getting back together as well, hopefully. But is Dark Betty starting to emerge?

Quote:
They'll probably just reboot the X-Men and the FF. With Disney magic. I think the ending could be hinting at Hal being the BH. Oh it may be wrong, but after watching the mid-season finale for OUAT, I'm still shipping Henry&Ivy/Drizella.
Sorry, dragonfire, but it won't work that way. First of all, Kevin Feige himself said that the MCU would be "changed forever" after Infinity War and Avengers 4. Second, most if not all of the current MCU cast will be gone after Phase 4 when all their contracts expire. Third, you can't just reboot the X-Men and FF and leave the MCU as it is. The MCU is a world where mutants don't exist, but then suddenly the appear out of nowhere? And Quicksilver in the MCU is dead and he and Scarlet Witch are enhanced humans, but in the X-Men films, Quicksilver is alive and Magneto is his son. You can't just reboot the X-Men, you have to reboot the MCU as well so that Quicksilver is alive and Magneto is Peter and Wanda's father. And finally... you cannot have the Avengers without Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne as Ant-Man and Wasp because they are the founding members and have been in the Avengers longer than anyone other than Captain America and Iron Man. And I'm not gonna have Hank and Janet's legacy tossed aside because of Edgar Wright because there's no reason for his storyline to exist beyond the current MCU storyline. So please understand I'm an actual comic book lover who grew up on these characters, so I have earned the right to see my favorite characters brought to the screen, and please don't taunt me, okay?

Hi, Lauren!

I'm sorry, but retconning the MCU will probably happen for the reasons I just gave dragonfire. Robert Downey Jr., Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, and all the original cast won't be around after Avengers 4 and Infinity War, and you can't merge the X-Men and Fantastic Four into the MCU without altering the MCU canon because it would just be a mess of continuity. Besides, the MCU was put together before Marvel knew it would ever get X-Men or FF back, and it's been around for a decade, so they'll have to reboot it at some level. The current MCU was never going to remain the way it is forever.

Disney makes a LOT of money, Lauren. They can afford to buy 20th Century Fox.

Yeah, I'm really busy with work. And I'm trying to do shopping. I'm sending you a card, and you already got your Monster Cereals which is all I can afford to send you. I'm broke.

Well, I try not to let awards show snubs bother me, but Logan really moved me like no movie this year. It's just a shame. And yeah, it's not fair that Vera and Freddie never won anything for their incestuous love on Bates Motel.

So you didn't mind Betty and Archie kissing? And the ending with Betty I think was implying that her dark Betty persona from last season might be returning.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 12-16-2017 at 06:42 PM
Old 12-16-2017, 07:24 PM
Elite Fan

Did you catch the part about Grandpa Cooper being like a vigilante? Because that could add to Hal being the BH, and the camera focusing on Betty's green eyes could as well.
Quote:
Are FP and Alice ever going to be a thing? Will there be more tension between them in the second half of the season?
Aguirre-Sacasa: There will always be tension between FP and Alice, for many reasons...It is safe to ship it, for sure.
Riverdale Mid Season Finale: Robert Aguirre Sacasa on Betty and Archie's Kiss - Today's News: Our Take | TV Guide
Old 12-17-2017, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Did you catch the part about Grandpa Cooper being like a vigilante? Because that could add to Hal being the BH, and the camera focusing on Betty's green eyes could as well. Riverdale Mid Season Finale: Robert Aguirre Sacasa on Betty and Archie's Kiss - Today's News: Our Take | TV Guide
Thanks for the link, dragonfire!

Yeah, I did catch the thing about Grandpa Cooper in between being creeped out by Grandma Blossom. So was that Grandpa Cooper she was talking about? She mentioned a group of men from the town, but never mentioned names. But I'm assuming shotgun Jones was one of them.

OMG, Betty has green eyes! And Hal has green eyes. And the Black Hood has green eyes! Archie, WTF is wrong with you? Always trust your instincts.

But I'm still concerned about whatever it is that Hiram and Hermione showed Veronica. And what FP is gonna do about Jughead and Penny.

OMG, have you seen The Last Jedi yet? I haven't so don't tell me anything.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thanks for the link, dragonfire!

Yeah, I did catch the thing about Grandpa Cooper in between being creeped out by Grandma Blossom. So was that Grandpa Cooper she was talking about? She mentioned a group of men from the town, but never mentioned names. But I'm assuming shotgun Jones was one of them.

OMG, Betty has green eyes! And Hal has green eyes. And the Black Hood has green eyes! Archie, WTF is wrong with you? Always trust your instincts.

But I'm still concerned about whatever it is that Hiram and Hermione showed Veronica. And what FP is gonna do about Jughead and Penny.

OMG, have you seen The Last Jedi yet? I haven't so don't tell me anything.
No problem. Yeah, she said something about him being part of the vigilante group. I could see shotgun Jones being part of the vigilante group. Yep. Probably something to do with the Lodge empire. I'm hoping that plot is wrapped up because it was boring. Nope, and in my opinion it ended with ROTJ.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
No problem. Yeah, she said something about him being part of the vigilante group. I could see shotgun Jones being part of the vigilante group. Yep. Probably something to do with the Lodge empire. I'm hoping that plot is wrapped up because it was boring. Nope, and in my opinion it ended with ROTJ.
Yeah, but Grandpa Jones was still not mentioned by name. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if any of the guys from the photo show up. I forgot, did any of them have a shotgun in the photo?

So you think that plot involving Hiram, Hermione, and Veronica and the mysterious family business is boring? I'm betting they have more planned for that.

Wow, so you're really not gonna watch any of the new Star Wars films? Was it killing off Han?