Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-30-2008, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This whole flipping the house thing is a dumb idea, even though we got some funny Billy/Herc scenes.

Jason being back sucks serious ass.
He's such a bore.
His baby moma and child are boring, too.

4 first eps were STELLAR, and of course.. this one was not.

Tyra is getting way too much screen time about stuff no one cares about.

I hope this goes well for Tim, because even though he does idiot things, he still deserves something to go his way.
growing up. moving on.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

I also meant to say. Upon rewatch and because I had to pause it at that exact moment, I noticed the Riggins brothers signed the form for Buddy's house in the wrong bit!

'William Riggins' signed where Tim Riggins should have signed and vica versa.

Of course, Timmy wouldn't read the form right!
Old 10-31-2008, 08:57 AM
Ali
Master Fan

I didn't like this episode very much. It barely kept me interested. I don't understand the focus on Tyra's new relationship with the cowboy shorty. I don't think most people care.

If I had to choose, I'd prefer it was Jason who left the show and not Smash.
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 10-31-2008, 09:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

Matt--Favorite character. Favorite storyline. Even though he's going through a lot, I find his storylines and his scenes my favorite in almost every episode. The scene in the locker room and the one with his mom at the end were my favorite. I wish he had had a scene with Julie, but it looks like we'll get some stuff next week! Grandma Saracen yelling at his mom at the end was great, loved that whole scene..."no one likes grape jelly", very funny. i love grape jelly, btw.

Julie--I really liked her storyline too. I'm so glad she got to keep the tattoo. I honestly thought they overreacted, it was a tiny tattoo on her ankle. it wasn't like it was a tramp stamp or anything lol. but i loved the scene with her and tami on the side of the road. that was so great, julie's hair looked amazing (idk why that's important, but i really liked her hair lol).

Jason--I love Jason, but that storyline wasn't very interesting to me for some reason. I thought his baby was really cute and that's great he wants them all to live together, but I don't think it's gonna work out. And after a couple of the scenes, I was kinda bored with this story lol.

Tyra--I love Tyra, but i hate the storyline with her and cash. i already see where it's going and what's gonna happen with it. she just needs to get back with landry, because i like her best when she's with him

LღP
Old 11-01-2008, 09:19 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't understand why Matt was benched. It seemed like a weird decision from Coach, and that he just gave into the pressure. They have only lost one game so far correct? That was against the one team that they never beat?

Who scored the game winning touchdown in this episode? Matt! He has been playing his heart out this season, and it seemed like a weird decision made by Coach.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Banned

I guess with Smash gone, they needed someone else to work the team around, someone with a huge amount of talent. Without Smash, their team was mediocre again, until JD came, who was as good as Jason Street. Well, I guess Tim is a good player too but still.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:07 AM
Loyal Fan

ya but Smash has been gone all season, and they've been winning games. I think Coach should have just kept him on unless the team was doing so bad that they're playoff chances were almost gone. Matt has been playing really well this season, and benching him was a bad decision IMO.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Elite Fan

The football parts have never really made sense or been realistic. It's just a matter of suspension of disbelief.

Tami being made principal is an even worse decision.

Old 11-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah, I was surprised about the decision from Coach too. Like you said aside from that one game they haven't been losing. But, I think the point was after he decided to play them both evenly that that idea just doesn't really work............he needed to pick one or the other.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Loyal Fan

normally I agree with Coach. In this case, I think he made a harsh call that may do worse damage. Demoting Matt to QB2 halfway through his senior year when he has been playing fine was wrong.
He just gave into the pressure. I understand the pressure he was feeling, but I still think he should have kept Matt.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Loyal Fan

does anyone have a lovely link for this episode? although, by the sounds of what you guys have all been saying, it really doesnt sound that great
Old 11-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

I would like the link too if anyone could give it.

"And when it was clear, they'd park her in the middle of nowhere, sit on the hood, and watch the stars... for hours... without saying a word."

Kristen|Tumblr|©
Old 11-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by allybubba (View Post)
This whole flipping the house thing is a dumb idea, even though we got some funny Billy/Herc scenes.

Jason being back sucks serious ass.
He's such a bore.
His baby moma and child are boring, too.

4 first eps were STELLAR, and of course.. this one was not.

Tyra is getting way too much screen time about stuff no one cares about.

I hope this goes well for Tim, because even though he does idiot things, he still deserves something to go his way.
Pretty much my thoughts on the episode as well. Oh, and could Julie be anymore annoying with the constant yelling at her parents? I just want to slap her.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:03 PM
Banned

I dont get Julie anymore, shes excessively annoying, whats up with that? I mean shes always bitching and expecting all her parents attention. I remember in season 2 she got jealous because her mom was paying attention to Tyra during volleyball season...good grief...

Last edited by chemistry86; 11-02-2008 at 11:15 PM
Old 11-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think it's pretty easy to understand why coach had to make the move to start JD, he's obviously (as much as I love Matt) incredibly naturally talented, talent that exceeds Matt's even though JD may lack experience. That's an aspect of the devil town, you build these kids up, and they're heros one minute, taking you to state and the next big thing comes along and you could be forgotten. In fact that's something that happened in the book Friday Night Lights, it's just a vicious cycle that builds kids up and sets them up for disappointment.

So I think the Matt/JD story is very realistic and coach was kind of forced into making the switch to JD with the offense they needed to run to be successful JD was the better option, he's also the "second coming" of Jason Street and the future of the team while Matt is on the way out. Combined with the pressure coach is facing with his job in jeopardy, as much as he likes and respects Matt he has to go with the quarterback that has a better chance of getting the job done and that's JD at the moment.