Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-18-2004, 09:16 PM
Master Fan

AU would be things like:
- What if Jake didn't meet Hamilton on the first day but met Will instead?
- What if Jake turned out to be the next Vampire Slayer?
- What if Jake was actually a boy?
That sort of thing.

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 10-19-2004, 12:24 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
What if Jake was actually a boy.
Now there's a fic I'd be interested in reading!
Old 10-19-2004, 12:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Catalinay
Now there's a fic I'd be interested in reading!
He Started It, by Sue. Not sure if it's online anywhere at the moment. Try RR. If it's not there, maybe you could try PMing Sue. Her FF username is velvet (or was that with a capital V?) but I don't think she's been on for a long time. If I remember correctly, her email address is ruststar@aol.com. Hope it still works.

Old 10-19-2004, 12:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversun
He Started It, by Sue...
Here we go...it is archived at SF.

He Started It by Sue.
Rated NC-17.
Unfinished (only 3 parts)...

Last edited by *pattyBOT*; 10-19-2004 at 12:24 PM
Old 10-19-2004, 01:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the link! I'll put it on my to-read list.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

I read that, I can't really remember it though but it was the first time I read and AU YA

Old 10-19-2004, 08:03 PM
Master Fan

Patty comes to the rescue!

Old 10-19-2004, 08:08 PM
Loyal Fan

he started it

dear heaven I loved that one - the voices of Ham n Jake sounded so authentic. I think if I got to pick someone else's fic and force them to finish it, that would be the one I'd bully Sue into completing. I do remember writing a vere squeeing feedback to her, poor woman.

just finished re-uploading the cheesy amnesia story at ff.net. phew. (+ thank you Taliann for the note

(oo, like the new smilies)

Last edited by ness; 10-19-2004 at 08:44 PM
Old 10-19-2004, 08:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Calhoun bunny

This is horrible and a lot of it undecided, but I've posted plot bunnies here before, so you know what a mess they are when I do 'em..

Given that Sen Calhoun has a history of being accused of fatherhood (Scout said "it had happened before" to Bella), let's suppose that when Scout sees a familiar tabloid reporter he worries that reporter is after dirt on the family - the Calhouns have a bad history with said original character-reporter.

Then Will hears the reporter is after info on "children born 16 years ago" when John Calhoun (I got his 1st name by rewinding my VCR to read his credit card off TV, yes, am sad, whats your point?) when John C was visiting his old school. How'd W find out? Mom Krudsky at beauty parlour knows Everything that happens in Town, including strangers w weird questions. Or other reason?

Question : why was JC visiting then, school reunion? He'd've been, presumably newly married and just getting established. Scout would have been on the way or being planned.

*Did* daddy C have big fling w Donna Banks? Would there have to be flashback to 80s. *shudder*

So reporter in town, Will being nosy, even wonders about possibility of Susan Krudsky being ex of JC (hey, W fancies being rich kid, and Scout wouldn't be the worst brother) Would be funny if W floated this idea, perish the thought etc, to Sean, who does NOT fancy being semiCalhoun.

Because am evil, thought would be amusing if Sean turned out to be the missing Calhoun. Imagine his horror. Imagine Scout's horror. Imagine B's sarcasm.

The flashback sequence put me off. And have difficulty writing dialogue for W, Sean, Scout, B. Not sure would hold readers interest if I wrote it unless I structured it carefully.

On plus side, is original story. Would be interesting to look at Scout's mum who is NOT ONCE mentioned in eps. Dead? or shocking? Could be fun to write.

edited because bigblocktext is evil thing.

Last edited by ness; 10-21-2004 at 07:36 PM
Old 10-20-2004, 01:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Patty comes to the rescue!
Heee! Glad i could help [Hmmmmm.I sound like a superhero now or something, 'to the rescue'...lol ...i need a costume with a cape, hee! Hmmm...what should i be called...]
Old 10-20-2004, 06:35 PM
Master Fan

Shabana and Nicky thank you for clearing the AU thing!

ness I enjoyed very much rereading Cheesy Amnesia , cool ending!

By the way, Shabana I your new avie!
Old 10-20-2004, 08:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Talliann
Shabana and Nicky thank you for clearing the AU thing!

ness I enjoyed very much rereading Cheesy Amnesia , cool ending!

By the way, Shabana I your new avie!
No worries Talliann Thanks I just stole the avie

Orton

Old 10-20-2004, 08:38 PM
Master Fan

ness - Oh my god! That's brilliant! Sean being a Calhoun would rock my world. Just think of the conflict! Oh, be still my beating heart. Brilliant!

Old 10-21-2004, 01:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Sean Calhoun

Quote:
ness - Oh my god! Sean being a Calhoun would rock my world. Just think of the conflict!
Imagine Bella's reaction to finding out she'd avoided going out with Sen C's son by.. going out with Sen C's son. Will's reaction, too, would be interesting.

I adored the idea, but spent months - not saying months to be dramatic, most of last spring this was, trying to flesh this up to a story. Would love this story to get written, *looks round hopefully* but I can't write ScoutWillBella at all, or Sean really. Their speeches just get wooden and the writing gets boring for me + reader.

Plus, would have to do
eighties flashback.
the horror. The puffball skirts. The music. The.. (I so wanted to write this, would have been fun. But [I]does{/I] anyone else want a cheap laugh at the 80s? Would need to do all orginal characters for that sequence, basically, and maybe bring in at teenDonna, teenCharlie, etc Finn grew up in New Rawley, didn't he?)

(Can you see my cunning plan to infect someone else with this story germ, with all these suggestions, so I get to read it after all? Subtle, no? )
Old 10-21-2004, 09:14 PM
Master Fan

Re: Sean Calhoun

Quote:
Originally posted by ness
Imagine Bella's reaction to finding out she'd avoided going out with Sen C's son by.. going out with Sen C's son.
Ahh... that's simply gorgeous. I didn't realise that before, because I automatically thought they'd have cleared up the whole incest thing already, but of course they needn't have done that. Wow, very intense.

I'm sure you can write those couples! Although they do seem to be a bit more boring than good old J/H...

Argh, I started writing my Matrix/YA crossover last night. Utter. Disaster. I'm so bad at writing fight scenes. And what is The Matrix but a series of fight scenes? I may have bitten off more than I can chew.