Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-07-2004, 05:45 PM
Master Fan

Hi dareyou! Great to see new YA fics fans! I definitely recommend you to read Weakness by Patty. Pretty well written. I love that short fic! I can also send you a couple of happy J/H stories that were hosted in Nelle' Kate and Ian site some time ago.

Patty have you finished your exams too? It's awesome see you around! Btw, you think we could add Roxane site to the list of YA fanfic sites?

Nicky the Will and Grace fic is going very very slowly but I'm on it!

Last edited by Talliann; 10-07-2004 at 06:10 PM
Old 10-07-2004, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

Patty - I'm racking my brain but I don't remember who Ben is. Is he in the fandom?

Quote:
Originally posted by wolkenfuehlen
Mid-November? That's sooo long.
Sorry...

I'm still trying to work out the intricasies of the Matrix though. It's one thing when you're sitting there watching the movie, but it's very hard when you're trying to write something that would seem practicable. For example, what exactly is 'cutting the hard line'? How do you trap people inside the matrix? Argh, so complicated...

How long do you think the Will/Grace fic will be Susana? And can you divulge a bit of the plot?

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 10-08-2004, 06:28 AM
Loyal Fan

Okay, I've been exploring this fan forum stuff.

I've been looking and looking but where is Josh Sutherland thread?

If you want an interesting subject just say JOSH and I bet people will be lining up and discussing every detail about Josh. Including his nails...new hair in ep. 508...eyes...lips...guitar...need me to go on and on, 'coz I could... just say YaY.

So anyone? direct me to Josh thread please.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by dareyou
I've been looking and looking but where is Josh Sutherland thread?

Well, there is the Placebo thread. You can go rant about Brian Molko, who is pretty much Josh. With the eyes and the lips and the guitar...

Or, you know, if you're firmly into Josh as a person and not Brian, you can always rant about him here, I don't mind... What do you want to know, exactly? He's my princess, so I'm sure I can tell you stuff about him that you didn't know before.

Ed: heh heh, now I'm making up a very detailed character meme for Josh. Tis very fun. I now feel equipped to answer pretty much any question on him, from why he prefers M.A.C. makeup, to five things he doesn't like about Faye, to who at Rawley he has a tiny crush on (who is not Ryder), to what drugs he has experimented with, to how they came up with the original name of Amnesia, before it was Amnesia. So if you want to know anything in particular, ask away.

Last edited by Silversun; 10-08-2004 at 09:53 AM
Old 10-08-2004, 10:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversun

What do you want to know, exactly? He's my princess, so I'm sure I can tell you stuff about him that you didn't know before.
Hmmm. I wonder why you know so much about Josh?...Uh, because you created him...

Anyway, I'm still undecided whether I want to connect Josh to Brian Molko (even if you said he is part Josh). It's one thing to be obsess to a fictionalize character but to a real person, I'm not sure I wanna be into that. I like characters who are not real, they are perfect in my eyes and could never fall from the 'pedestal'. Plus, with my stalkerish tendency -- it is not a good thing for me -- I think.

All the questions you said, Yah, I wanna know the answer to that.

BTW, did I ever thank you for bringing Josh to life. If haven't, consider this a million thanks.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by dareyou
I like characters who are not real, they are perfect in my eyes and could never fall from the 'pedestal'. Plus, with my stalkerish tendency -- it is not a good thing for me -- I think.
Oh, man, you have no idea how much that rings true for me, too. I know exactly what you mean. Why do you think I created him to begin with? To have someone like that...

(Anja is smiling knowingly.)

Okay, what questions did I ask? Right...
Josh uses M.A.C. makeup, not because he thinks it’s particularly good, but because Brian Molko uses it.
Five things he doesn't like about Faye:
- She’s too bossy and makes him do stuff that he knows is good for him, but he doesn’t feel like he gets a choice in these matters and that’s annoying.
- She’s nosy. He can’t hide anything from her.
- She is always right.
- She always barges into his room without knocking.
- She knows as much Shakespeare as he does, so he can’t show off his Shakespeare knowledge when she’s in the room.
He has a tiny crush on Jake.
Has taken (mostly between the ages of 13-15, which was his really sordid phase): marijuana, acid, E, special K, crack cocaine, heroin (only once, though).
Amnesia was formed when Josh was 15. He’d met drummer Alex and guitarist Ben from schools he had previously went to. They were lying around smoking pot one day and thought it would be really funny if they formed a band and called themselves The Earthly Garden Of Cannabis And Gay Sex. They formed a band and learned instruments, and Josh soon met Emily, who was working in a music store and a budding bass player, thus the lineup was complete. Then they realised they wanted to perform and not be laughed at, so they changed their name to the more tame (and shorter) Amnesia.

Hee, character memes are so fun.

Last edited by Silversun; 10-08-2004 at 11:50 AM
Old 10-08-2004, 01:56 PM
Elite Fan

for Susana and the Will and Grace fic. I really can't wait!
Quote:
I'm still trying to work out the intricasies of the Matrix though. It's one thing when you're sitting there watching the movie, but it's very hard when you're trying to write something that would seem practicable. For example, what exactly is 'cutting the hard line'? How do you trap people inside the matrix? Argh, so complicated...
Don't expect any help from me here. The one time I watched the movie I almost fell asleep.
Quote:
(Anja is smiling knowingly.)
Who? Me?
Quote:
Josh uses M.A.C. makeup, not because he thinks it’s particularly good, but because Brian Molko uses it.
So Josh likes Brian?

Awww, Josh has a tiny crush on Jake. Isn't that cute?

The Earthly Garden Of Cannabis And Gay Sex! You know that I love that name.

I want more info! More!
Old 10-08-2004, 04:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
He has a tiny crush on Jake.
Hey I never knew that Why not Hamilton??

Orton

Old 10-09-2004, 12:34 AM
Master Fan

Anja - He does indeed like Brian Molko. Placebo is one of his favourite bands (but not the favourite). In episode 306 Faye pointed out that he obviously over-identifies with Brian, to which he replied "touché". So it's no secret.

Quote:
Originally posted by Orton
Hey I never knew that Why not Hamilton??
That can be conveniently answered by a list of what Josh loves:

Music, acting, androgynous people (he recognises there is an element of narcissism here), fans of Amnesia, arm-warmers with thumbholes in them (he thinks they make him look pretty), his black silk shirt with a small silver dragon on the left shoulder (he found it in an op shop for $5), chicken teriyaki sushi, the way his new haircut hangs flatteringly in his eyes when he parts it slightly down the side.

I'm loving this. I had so much fun with the meme I'm thinking of doing one for Faye.

Old 10-09-2004, 01:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yes, yes, do a meme for Faye! I love the Josh one! (The mention of M.A.C. got me all longing for my hypothetical future Beverlywood (LA) condo - there's a great M.A.C. professional store right there! Of course, I'll probably never be able to afford to live there, but I can dream!)

Ooh, Will/Grace fic! Can't wait to read it.
Old 10-09-2004, 02:23 AM
Master Fan

Caty - So when you say 'hypothetical', do you mean it doesn't yet exist, or that it exists but it is not yours?

Real estate is scary.

Ed: For those of you not on my mailing list, here's what I have just sent out:

Hi everyone,

Haven't been writing anything of late, sorry. To make up, I've been having fun writing a character meme for Josh Sutherland, and plan to do one for Faye, too. Will contain interesting information you didn't know about them, including their complete backstories and facts about them they don't want anyone to know.

I'm not going to ram these down anyone's throat, though, because they are original characters and there's only so much tolerance for OCs in fanfic. So, if you want to read these memes, drop me a line and I'll send them to you. Also, it would be cool if you could let me know whether you want the candid versions (what exactly happened with Josh and Ryder on Halloween night? Has Faye and Josh actually ever slept together?), or the PG-13 versions. (If you have an idealised view of these kids' childhoods, Josh in particular, it might be better to stick to the PG-13).

Toodles
Nicky

(I am going meme-crazy! Sorry, sorry, I know it's annoying.)

Last edited by Silversun; 10-09-2004 at 03:53 AM
Old 10-09-2004, 03:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

Well, it could be either meaning, really. But given the area (I doubt there's any room left for new construction), probably it exists but is not yet mine. And yes, real estate is scary. Especially California real estate!

And ooh, ooh! I want to see the candid versions please please please! (Can you tell I like the memes?)
Old 10-09-2004, 04:51 AM
Master Fan

Okay! I'll have to finish writing the one for Faye, though.

Old 10-09-2004, 10:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Anja - He does indeed like Brian Molko. Placebo is one of his favourite bands (but not the favourite). In episode 306 Faye pointed out that he obviously over-identifies with Brian, to which he replied "touché". So it's no secret.
Interesting. I must have forgotten.

You know I want to read the meme on Josh. Send the candid version my way please?
Old 10-09-2004, 12:19 PM
Master Fan

I would like to read them too Nicky epsecially Josh but you have done Faye aswell can I get that too

This is so cool I wanted to know all the backstory for Josh for ages now

Later