Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-13-2006, 12:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon_marmon
I read this article about Emmy Rossum, and I thought it was cute that she asked Jake to kiss her.
http://usaweekend.com/06_issues/0605...my_rossum.html
Believe me: i would have done the same thing....
I come across Jake.. stop him and tell him: Do u mind if i kiss u?
that's easy!
Old 05-13-2006, 10:17 AM
Master Fan

well were not alone in liking to kiss Jake and do the move in an impulse. a man that HOT!!!! grab it!!! forget about being ladylike. Emmy scored tops
Old 05-13-2006, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Emmy is a very witty girl

And that gf? I'm not believing it! If I'd pick between her and Kirstin, I'd pick KD in a second!
Old 05-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

sharon, ita with what you posted about jake and his alleged gf. with the amount of coverage he gets from the paparazzi, it's kinda impossible that there have been no pictures with this gretchen that has not appeared somewhere.

i do feel sad that jake, or any actor, has to prove whether he is straight, gay or bisexual. and if he is gay, it's unfair that he still has to hide that for the sake of his career. at this day and age, it's just tragic that homosexuality still carries that stigma in society despite the strides that the gay community has made for social acceptance.

Old 05-17-2006, 11:53 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by teena1013
sharon, ita with what you posted about jake and his alleged gf. with the amount of coverage he gets from the paparazzi, it's kinda impossible that there have been no pictures with this gretchen that has not appeared somewhere.

i do feel sad that jake, or any actor, has to prove whether he is straight, gay or bisexual. and if he is gay, it's unfair that he still has to hide that for the sake of his career. at this day and age, it's just tragic that homosexuality still carries that stigma in society despite the strides that the gay community has made for social acceptance.

Yeah, it is very sad that people can't treat gay people like everybody else.

I just explained to my 6 year old that his half-brother is gay. I've talked to him about gay people before so he thinks it's no big deal. I know some people think kids are too young to deal with these issues, but that's exactly where it starts, at a young age.
Proud Gyllenho #4
Old 05-17-2006, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

sharon, my 8 year old niece is a bit homophobic. when she found out that brokeback mountain is about a gay love story she goes "yuck!" everytime i mention something about my gay friends she says the same thing. but she's met one of my closest gay friends already. sometimes she asks me about him and even made a drawing for him so i don't really know if she's as homophobic as she lets on. i have been telling her that you have to respect people no matter if they're gay, straight or whatever.

look how jake spent mother's day with his parents:

Old 05-17-2006, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That was so sweet of Jake to just go walk the dogs with mum and dad on mother's day.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Addicted Fan

I found this article with a pic of Jake's alleged girlfriend, Gretchen Bleiler, hugging her boyfriend in February '06. So, it's highly unlikely that she would have moved on and become serious with Jake that fast.

http://extras.sltrib.com/tribphoto/g...=&sort=Gallery
Proud Gyllenho #4
Old 05-19-2006, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't believe it anyway. Maybe they just talk and somebody saw them together and reported, ah, they're cuddling, talking, kissing. People tend to sensationalize everything when it comes to Hollywood.

People (even Senators) are riding on BBM success

Quote:
Politics’ ‘whisper campaign’ now heard online

The critically-acclaimed film Brokeback Mountain — a gay love story involving two young cowboys — seems unlikely fodder for the slings and arrows of Tennessee’s Republican U.S. Senate primary.

Yet technically sophisticated parodies and jabs based on the award-winning film are being employed against all three GOP candidates — not in traditional media forums like direct mail or television advertising, but online.

The Internet, according to political observers, has become the new home to the old fashion “whisper campaign” familiar to so many in politics.

“It’s the new gossip,” says Republican campaign strategist Darren Morris. “It is what used to be the talk around the courthouse. Now it’s about if you saw that thing on the Internet. It’s the new whisper campaign.”

‘Brokeback’ parodies

Two Brokeback Mountain related parodies involving GOP Senate primary candidates Bob Corker, Van Hilleary and Ed Bryant are making the rounds on conservative web logs, or “blogs,” across the state as well as by e-mail.

One is a television commercial posted on youtube.com, a Web site that allows users to post and watch amateur videos.

The fake spot, titled “Broke Cause for Taxes Mountain,” is described by its anonymous creator as “the touching story of two men — Bob Corker and Don Sundquist — who came together on Capitol Hill pursuing a common goal — to raise the taxes of average, hard working Tennesseans.”

The two-minute ad features dialog from the movie and focuses on Corker’s time as commissioner of finance under former Gov. Don Sundquist, Tennessee’s Republican governor who surprised his own party by advocating a state income tax in his second term.

Another parody, though less technically sophisticated, involves both Hilleary and Bryant. At moorethoughts.com, the two former congressmen’s faces are superimposed on the official Brokeback Mountain movie poster, replacing the faces of the movies two stars, Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal.

The original parodies have since been picked up by two well-known blogs in the state.

The Corker/Sundquist parody video was posted on BloggingforBryant.com, the “unofficial” Bryant campaign blog. The Hilleary/Bryant parody is posted on the VolunteerVoters.com blog, a site affiliated with WKRN News 2, the ABC affiliate station in Nashville.

The Bryant campaign denied any credit for the Corker spoof, though the unofficial campaign blog is run by former Bryant Congressional staffer Jay Bush.

“There is no relationship,” said Michael Luethy, Bryant’s campaign manager. “It’s done by one of Ed’s former staffers. … We have nothing to do with that.”

Corker’s campaign stopped just short of saddling Bryant’s team with the blame for the Sundquist piece.

“Based on the sort of campaign they are running, it really is not of consequence whether it is tied directly to their campaign,” Corker campaign manager Ben Mitchell said. “What they boast of is over the top and tacky, to be charitable.”

rest of the article here
Then in Manila (where I live, which have strict movie classification board)

Quote:
Controversial kissing scene cut from movie

The controversial kissing scene of Polo Ravales and Luis Alandy in the comedy "Manay Po" will not be included in the movie after all. This, Luis told us in a recent interview for the gay film of Regal Entertainment held in Quezon City.

"The people behind the movie decided to take the scene away so we can pass for a General Patronage rating from MTRCB. Gusto kasi nila mapanood din ng mga bata yung pelikula. Since it’s a comedy sayang naman kung hindi ma-enjoy ng mga bata," the ABS-CBN soap actor said.

Polo and Luis play closet lovers. Polo pretends to be in love with Glyza de Castro in the movie but it is Luis’ character that his heart really beats for.

The controversial passionate kissing scene that Polo and Luis shot for "Manay Po" strapped for the actors "Brokeback Mountain" attention because like the stars of the said Hollywood film (Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger), Polo and Luis are two straight actors trying to convince an audience that they are deeply in love with each other.

Because it was cut from the movie, talks surfaced that Luis and Polo now wish they did not have to do the scene.

However Luis denied, "No we did not feel bad just because the scene was removed. Even if we prepared for it, it’s okay because Polo and I know that it’s a professional decision. We’re just actors doing our part and if they want to take that scene away there’s no problem with us. We recognize that things like that is beyond our control. Hindi naman kami nanghihinayang. Lahat naman ito trabaho lang, nothing personal."

Just the same, Luis recalled he and Polo were mindful of each other before the scene was shot that they spoke in detail of how they were going to go about it. "Nag-usap kami to make it a one-take shoot so we don’t have to do it over again. Okay naman si Direk Joel Lamangan sa one-take ng scene. We rehearsed the love scene pero wala yung kissing scene. Now that the kissing was removed, we did na lang this love scene suggesting it and it went well," he explained.

Meanwhile, Luis is currently linked to Roxanne Barcelo and he confirmed 'part' of the rumors that they have become an item. "We’re on that stage of enjoying each other’s company. If the relationship evolves into something more, so much better."

The 26-year-old actor said that he has known Roxanne since she was 13 years old. "She’s always been a good friend and she’s also a very nice person." Now that Roxanne is 21, Luis said that they enjoy a better friendship now more than ever.

The only problem between the friendship and the possible relationship is that: "We just don’t want to rush things."

The gay overload movie ‘Manay Po’ will be shown on May 31.

link here

Last edited by HappySquared; 05-19-2006 at 04:45 PM
Old 05-27-2006, 02:53 AM
Addicted Fan

Jake and Jennifer Aniston dining together! Oh, how I wish they were a couple.

http://www.starmagazine.com/news/62029
Proud Gyllenho #4
Old 05-27-2006, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon_marmon
Jake and Jennifer Aniston dining together! Oh, how I wish they were a couple.

http://www.starmagazine.com/news/62029
Sharon! I wish that tooo! I've wished that for a while..since her and Brad were done! I'm glad their still friends
Old 05-27-2006, 05:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

How old is Jennifer?
Old 05-27-2006, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shnicky
How old is Jennifer?
I think...around 35ish

ETA--I'm going to go post pictures on the picture thread!

Last edited by bring me home; 05-27-2006 at 05:18 AM
Old 05-27-2006, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She's kinda old for Jake. I'm glad there are friends though.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

She's his Mrs. Robinson. She said that when she presented him that award.