Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-16-2006, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jake News and Appearances Thread: Have you seen this man lately?

He's in NY, right? Aw, near Brooklyn? Oh, Heath!

No news yet, just that Jake'll be an uncle.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shnicky
He's in NY, right? Aw, near Brooklyn? Oh, Heath!

No news yet, just that Jake'll be an uncle.
yes hes in N.Y he had lunch with his family no doubt they were celebrating the great news! congrats to Maggie and Peter and their families!
Old 04-17-2006, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

But Maggie's not in NY right? If I'm not mistake.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:42 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I'm not sure where she is now, but she does live in New York, and I'm pretty sure Jake has friends from college in NY.

I could move there and be his 'friend', his special friend that is.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Yes Gay Maggie was in N.Y having lunch with her Mom, DAD ,and Jake. theres pics at iheart jake.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacey'sgirl
Yes Gay Maggie was in N.Y having lunch with her Mom, DAD ,and Jake. theres pics at iheart jake.
Aha! Okay, I thought she's somewhere else. Thanks for clearing that up. I did see a picture of Jake and his dad last night. Haven't checked earlier.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow..I didn't know Maggie and Peter lived in NYC
Old 04-21-2006, 11:16 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't know Peter and Maggie lived in NYC either But, I did see the pc of Jake and his dad.

av
Old 04-25-2006, 03:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am furious!

Quote:
Demonizing Wal-Mart

By Ralph R. Reiland
Monday, April 24, 2006

Lots of people are mad at Wal-Mart.

The AFL-CIO charges that Wal-Mart is using its lobbying power to derail security improvements at U.S. ports. "Wal-Mart, America's largest importer, is using its clout to block new port security measures," the labor federation contends in a recent report, "Unchecked: How Wal-Mart Uses Its Might to Block Port Security."

It's not that Wal-Mart is pro-terrorist. It's just that the company is opposed to beefing up inspections and making containers more secure because such safety measures could produce a drop in profits, according to the AFL-CIO.

New York City is going to die someday, one surmises, because Wal-Mart is too cheap -- and because too many of us are trying to save a buck by buying those Chinese-made blinking reindeers at Christmas.

More below the belt, the American Family Association charges that Wal-Mart is too gay. The accusation was leveled after Wal-Mart placed posters of Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger, the stars in "Brokeback Mountain," a movie about a gay love affair, at the front of its stores to promote the film's DVD release.

Asserting that Wal-Mart is "trying to help normalize homosexuality," Randy Sharp, director of special projects for the 3-million-member American Family Association, asked Wal-Mart's customers to demand that the DVD be removed from the store's shelves.

"It wasn't even a blockbuster movie, so if Wal-Mart isn't trying to push an agenda, why would they put it at the front door?" asked Sharp. "How many copies are they going to have to sell to recoup the losses of customers who they've offended and will no longer shop at Wal-Mart?"

If the boycott doesn't work, perhaps some DVDs could be ceremoniously set on fire. The American Family Association describes itself as an organization for "people who are tired of cursing the darkness and who are ready to light a bonfire."

But where does it stop? Remember when Jerry Falwell concluded that one of the Teletubbies was gay, i.e., Tinky, the purple one with the handbag and a triangular aerial on his head? Falwell, outting Tinky, declared, "He's purple, the gay color, and his antenna is shaped like a triangle, the gay pride symbol." Plus the purse.

"Where they burn books, they end up burning human beings." Heinrich Heine famously wrote in 1821 in his play "Almansor." Just over a century later, the Nazis did exactly as Heine had predicted, especially targeting, among others, those who might well prefer purple over brown when it comes to picking a national shirt color.

In any case, Wal-Mart spokeswoman Jolanda Stewart replied that the company wasn't pushing any specific lifestyles in its DVD department, just responding to consumer demand. "The fact that we are offering the movie," she explained, "is not an endorsement of the content of the movie or any specific belief."

In other words, a copy of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" on the shelves at Wal-Mart doesn't mean the company is clandestinely pushing an agenda that favors bipolar rebellions.

A larger complaint against Wal-Mart charges that the giant retailer comes in and wipes out main street, puts an end to all those mom-'n-pops that are selling everything from hammers to salmon.

The other side of the story is that salmon is no longer a high-end delicacy, beyond the reach of the average household. With fresh fillets selling for $4.50 a pound in Wal-Mart's display cases, the price for an 8-ounce dinner portion is 44 cents lower than the current price of a Cheeseburger Happy Meal at McDonald's.

The end result is better nutrition in America, especially among lower-income households, and less poverty and unemployment in Wal-Mart's primary supply regions in southern Chile.

Altogether, Wal-Mart's prices, according to a study by M.I.T. economist Jerry Hausman and USDA economist Ephraim Leibtag, are saving U.S. consumers more than $50 billion a year, money that's spent elsewhere, boosting volume at other businesses and creating new enterprises, including mom-'n-pops.

The net impact? The director of economic policy for the 2004 Kerry-Edwards campaign, New York University economist Jason Furman, contends that Wal-Mart is "a progressive success story." With Wal-Mart's prices ranging from 8 percent to 40 percent lower than people would pay elsewhere, states Furman, the increase in buying power that Wal-Mart delivers, disproportionately to lower-income families, more than offsets any impact that the company has allegedly produced in the earnings of retail workers.

link
Wasn't even a blockbuster movie? What planet this guy come from? Can someone shed light on me? Because the last time I checked it was a blockbuster!
Old 04-25-2006, 03:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

I've known about this..cause my mother told me something about it. And the funny thing is...when I asked her if that group was goign to boycott Wal-Mart for selling the movie Hostel. I mean..I guess it's ok for the 'family store' to sell a movie about people being tortured andkilled but not a story about two people falling in love! Society annoys the crap out of me sometimes!
Old 04-25-2006, 07:10 AM
Addicted Fan

Gay Blockbuster in the U.S. is usually defined by $100 million or more in box office sales. Since it didn't do quite that well here, that's probably what they're referring to.

What they're conveniently leaving out is that it was Oscar nominated and an instant classic among many. Couple that with the fact that it's in the top 3 DVD sales in the U.S., and you quickly realize they're clearly full of crap. Never try to understand the religious extremists, you never will understand them or change them.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sharon Ah, thanks. Really? They didn't gross more than $100M? I thought they were number one for weeks?

Well, some people can accept racism, human mutilation and stuff but they can't accept same sex love. It's just infuriating to know people are so close minded.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
More below the belt, the American Family Association charges that Wal-Mart is too gay.
Sorry but this is ridiculous. Come on! Is just a movie. Why they don't boycott extremely violent movies or racist movies?
Old 04-26-2006, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i guess people are just too bored of their lives and blame others for it.

ETA: New news.

Quote:
The Gyllehaals Are Comin' to Tribeca

Get your stalking shoes out ... Jake Gyllenhaal may be chilling around downtown NYC more frequently than ever, now that his sister Maggie Gyllenhaal and her fiancee Peter Sarsgaard get ready for baby.

The Post reports today that the extra-sexy indy couple have been checking out some downtown digs.

The actress and sister of "Brokeback Mountain" star Jake Gyllenhaal, was recently spotted checking out a three-bedroom, two-bath loft on Vestry street, with an asking price of $2,700,000.
As of yesterday, the 2,300-square-foot TriBeCa condo hadn't gone to contract.

2,300 square feet? That's definitely plenty of crash padding for Jake. And if we just happen to be hiding behind the Times at a West Hudson cafe, wearing wigs and sunglasses, you never saw us.

link
Wow! Settling down in NY for the meantime? Nearer to Heath.

Last edited by HappySquared; 04-27-2006 at 06:42 PM
Old 05-02-2006, 06:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

daily jake news from perezhilton.com

Tour de Jake

Who knew biking could be so fun and GIGGLY? GyllenHO and friends had a gay ol' time in Malibu on Saturday putting on the spandex, placing their butts high up in the air, and peddling away!