Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2009, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Is anyone still rewatching?

addicted2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Uhh...I think not. But I updated the title.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:20 AM
Supreme Fan

I'm still watching, but I think I'm the only one
Luke & Lorelai, James & Juliet
Killith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killith (View Post)
I'm still watching, but I think I'm the only one
Do the episodes feel different because you know the future of the characters or do you go back to when you saw the eps for the first time?

Old 07-30-2009, 07:44 AM
Supreme Fan

strangely they do... the first time I watched I really didn't like some of the characters, but now that I watch it again I get why they were doing things...
some actions make sense now...
I also get the story more ... and I hope that once I'm finished I have a clue to what could happen in season 6
are you watching anything?
Old 07-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
strangely they do... the first time I watched I really didn't like some of the characters, but now that I watch it again I get why they were doing things...
some actions make sense now...
I know what you mean. I was also so into Sawyer that I didn't really notice other people as much as I should have and wanted to fast forward through their scenes to get to Sawyer.

Quote:
I also get the story more ... and I hope that once I'm finished I have a clue to what could happen in season 6
Season 6 is too scary to think about.

Quote:
are you watching anything?
The season one episodes are starting again next week on a channel I can receive,so I will probably tape some. I have the first season DVDs , but I haven't watched them in over a year.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:19 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2much (View Post)
I know what you mean. I was also so into Sawyer that I didn't really notice other people as much as I should have and wanted to fast forward through their scenes to get to Sawyer.
see and I didn't even like Sawyer during the first season... I mean he was good looking, but I just wasn't interested in him... but that changed soon after season 1 and now I'm tempted to fast forward to the sawyer scenes, but it's really good to watch everything again because now you really notice little things
oh and even hints about stuff that we got to know about later, I think it's fascinating...
Quote:
Season 6 is too scary to think about.
after Comic Con I'm really scared... these guys are so weird sometimes...
Quote:
The season one episodes are starting again next week on a channel I can receive,so I will probably tape some. I have the first season DVDs , but I haven't watched them in over a year.
rewatching is fun... I tell you
Old 07-30-2009, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
see and I didn't even like Sawyer during the first season... I mean he was good looking, but I just wasn't interested in him... but that changed soon after season 1 and now I'm tempted to fast forward to the sawyer scenes, but it's really good to watch everything again because now you really notice little things
I did get reinvested in Lost at the start of season 5 by watching episodes that I had never watched because of the lack of Sawyer. I became a Lost fan again , but that soon changed back to me watching clips of certain scenes.

Quote:
oh and even hints about stuff that we got to know about later, I think it's fascinating...
I need to rewatch all the things with Shannon and Boone to see, if I can tell when they decided to kill the characters.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:46 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I did get reinvested in Lost at the start of season 5 by watching episodes that I had never watched because of the lack of Sawyer. I became a Lost fan again , but that soon changed back to me watching clips of certain scenes.
you didn't watch episodes that sawyer was not in? that's cute... I never knew before I saw an episode who was going to be in there so I couldn't have done that and I also love the Lost mythology so that always keeps me stuck to the show...
How do you get the whole picture with just seeing specific episodes?
Quote:
I need to rewatch all the things with Shannon and Boone to see, if I can tell when they decided to kill the characters.
Do you think you can really see when they decided that? Do you think they suddenly didn't invest in the characters anymore?
Where shannon and Boone killed because the writers decided that along the way?
Old 07-31-2009, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

To me, it was obvious they could do nothing more with Boone and Shannon. And so they got axed. I say the same thing about Charlie.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
you didn't watch episodes that sawyer was not in? that's cute... I never knew before I saw an episode who was going to be in there so I couldn't have done that and I also love the Lost mythology so that always keeps me stuck to the show...
How do you get the whole picture with just seeing specific episodes?
the way?
I watched all the eps of season one and then someone (insiderscoop) in season 2 started posting a full spoiler for the episode on the day it aired. I avoided the non-Sawyer eps and late in season 3 I didn't watch the eps as they aired and would watch only the Sawyer clips.

I was a Lost fanatic at first, but I started losing that late in season 2 and I wasn't happy with the season 2 finale.

Later, my focus had shifted to just the Sawyer scenes and I was such a spoilerwhore that I knew what was going to happen before it aired.

Quote:
Do you think you can really see when they decided that? Do you think they suddenly didn't invest in the characters anymore?
Where shannon and Boone killed because the writers decided that along the way?
Maybe not. I remember reading that it wasn't Shannon's inhaler that was lost , but some random passengers. So, that early they never had a clear idea of how to incorporate their characters beyond the incesty sex reveal.

Quote:
To me, it was obvious they could do nothing more with Boone and Shannon. And so they got axed. I say the same thing about Charlie.
I think they could have done more , but they seem more excited about new characters and their big WTF moment , instead of having to develop the characters they had in place.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:39 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
You might be right about Boone and Shannon that they couldn't do more, but I don't think that's why Charlie got axed... I mean the writers love Dominic and I think they axed him for storyline purpose...
Quote:
I watched all the eps of season one and then someone (insiderscoop) in season 2 started posting a full spoiler for the episode on the day it aired. I avoided the non-Sawyer eps and late in season 3 I didn't watch the eps as they aired and would watch only the Sawyer clips.

I was a Lost fanatic at first, but I started losing that late in season 2 and I wasn't happy with the season 2 finale.
really? ok, I get that you didn't like season 2... I hated season 2 passionately and I didn't even really like season 1... so I stopped watching Lost in the middle of season 2... after half a year I got back to it because my roommate watched it and I started to get into the mythology and we were both always speculating what could happen next...
I think I was just never really a character person... so what I mean is I loved Lost for its different way of storytelling and not for any specific character...
When season 3 started I developed a crush on Juliet... so now I'm not really happy with what the writers did to her... but I try not to let it get to me too much because I'm still interested in the mythology and I want to know what's going on.. and also I did like season 3 and 4 because finally you would get the story... they finally revealed bits and pieces about things that happened in season 1 and 2...
Quote:
Later, my focus had shifted to just the Sawyer scenes and I was such a spoilerwhore that I knew what was going to happen before it aired.
well Josh looked good in his scenes so I get that you were watching just him but you should try to watch everything, I really think if you don't look to closely on how they handle some characters, the story is really fascinating
Quote:
Maybe not. I remember reading that it wasn't Shannon's inhaler that was lost , but some random passengers. So, that early they never had a clear idea of how to incorporate their characters beyond the incesty sex reveal.
Mh interesting... I wish we knew more about when the writers decide some things... I mean killing (or not killing) off Juliet without finishing her story doesn't make sense to me...
Old 07-31-2009, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
but you should try to watch everything, I really think if you don't look to closely on how they handle some characters, the story is really fascinating
I loved Lost passionately , but burned through all that passion and now I am fine with just seeing some points and reading about other things.
I expected so much from Lost and got frustrated. I guess I have a short attention span.

Quote:
I mean killing (or not killing) off Juliet without finishing her story doesn't make sense to me...
With Lost it's plot over character, it doesn't matter if we get to know them better or feel for them beyond the shock of something happening ,whether or not it makes sense for the characters to turn so much from who we were lead to believe they were.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:29 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I loved Lost passionately , but burned through all that passion and now I am fine with just seeing some points and reading about other things.
I expected so much from Lost and got frustrated. I guess I have a short attention span.
what did you expect from lost?
I think I didn't expect anything and that's why it's easy for me to still follow... I'm just in for the run and I like to watch it... it does make it easier... and rewatching is fun... I almost always finish before the next patch of episodes comes around...
and I'm sorry to say this, but you're fascinating to me because I've never met anybody that doesn't really watch the whole show anymore... so I'm sorry for asking so many weird questions .... I'm just curious
Quote:
With Lost it's plot over character, it doesn't matter if we get to know them better or feel for them beyond the shock of something happening ,whether or not it makes sense for the characters to turn so much from who we were lead to believe they were.
I really start to hate the plot over character thing the writers seem to have... it's weird... I don't understand why they're doing this... I mean they know fans love the characters... but I guess it could change next season, because it seem that they're season 6 will have similarities to season 1... and I'm excited to see what exactly they're going to come up with...
Old 07-31-2009, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
You might be right about Boone and Shannon that they couldn't do more, but I don't think that's why Charlie got axed... I mean the writers love Dominic and I think they axed him for storyline purpose...
I dunno. I think they had taken Charlie as far as he could go within his own story. He had kicked the drugs. Things were relatively great with he and Claire. What was there left to do with him? And I'm not sure he died for any real purpose either. The freighter people weren't there for them. Only 6 of the survivors were rescued. The most important person Charlie sacrificed himself for, Claire, went missing. I felt like his death was all in vain.

Quote:
Mh interesting... I wish we knew more about when the writers decide some things... I mean killing (or not killing) off Juliet without finishing her story doesn't make sense to me...
You and me both. They wasted her in season 4 with a useless flashback that was more about Ben's obsession with her than anything else. Then season 5 comes along and she's kick ass in the first half, but then she's paired up with Sawyer and is swallowed up in that romantic entanglement with no story of her own. Then as a capper to the whole shebang, she's sucked into a desolate hole, falling thousands of feet only to detonate a bomb in her face. To say that TPTB royally screwed her would be an understatement. And going by Elizabeth's most recent comments, she wasn't pleased either.