Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRoss (View Post)
I think that's the problem, she hasn't done anything.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not frustrated with her. I'm just having trouble sympathizing with her character, or even understanding where she's coming from, and it's beginning to lead to apathy for her character on my part. I was pissed because she used to be one of my favorites.

But we all have different tastes, and come from different points of view, so you may see it entirely differently (sounds like you do, LOL). Nothing wrong with that.
I was very frustrated with Kate in seasons 3 and 4. I hate Eggtown with the fire of a thousand suns, lol. But funnily enough, I've come to understand that episode a bit better (still thought the writing and execution sucked) and sympathize a lot more with Kate's off-island story since they've had Sawyer move on. And I've always been able to understand him better. They've mirrored their separate lives apart completely, imo.

Quote:
ETA - Sorry, I missed what you added to your post there. I hope you're right. That's what I thought when we were first introduced to the Aaron storyline for her. I don't think she's played the fickle card at all this season either. I'm pretty sure though they'll make her characters motivations and feelings much clearer now that it will be the last season. People are saying they expect it to mirror season one, so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.
I think they short-changed every character by skipping 3 years ahead. They did all this growing up, but we never got to see any of it. And things like that wouldn't have happened years ago when the show was more character driven. But it is what it is. I just hope Darlton mean it when they say S6 will feel more like S1.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:11 AM
Master Fan

I definitely won't be able to rewatch all episodes so I've decided to choose only some of them, mostly those in which Sawyer had something interesting to do.

I still think it's silly that Kate was presented as this hard criminal chased by federal agents all the way to a different continent and that all those guns were needed to get her. "Eggtown" completely trashed her tough-criminal reputation.

Boone did not like Sawyer from the start. He called him hick. I'm feeling less bad about him getting beat up later on.

Kate: "Put your gun back in your pants, Sawyer." He laughed a little and so do I, because I'm 12.

Sawyer called Kate Freckles for the first time in this episode.

While Sayid and all the others talked about the rescue, Sawyer, the party pooper, decided to mention the transmissions and the French lady saying they are all dead. He was looking at the situation quite realistically from the start.

Sayid talking about hope ("Hope is a very dangerous thing to lose.") reminded ma of Sawyer not telling Kate they were on another island during the mini-arc. It's also kind of ironic seeing where Sayid is now – he was the most hopeless of them all in season 5.

Jorge looked very different and much more younger to me. Hurley's a bit annoying with all the questions, though.

I completely forgot Boone took the gun from Sawyer and wanted to take the bullets from Sayid. We were meant to believe it was Sawyer sneaking around and I fell for it.

Shannon/Boone interactions are fun.

Jack and Kate together still feel forced and awkward.

I lolled at Sawyer's "Boo!" when he and Jack encountered in the fuselage.

The wheelchair in which Claire and Charlie carried those suitcases didn't catch my attention the first time around.

I didn't like the shaking camera in the tent scene when the Marshal was strangling Kate and then Jack came in.

Poor Michael. He promised to go looking for Vincent as soon as the rain stopped and it immediately did. Walt was definitely not an easy kid. And it didn't help that he liked to hang around with the creepy old dude.

Even though I was hoping for Sawyer and Kate to get together ever since the pilot, I honestly thought Jin/Sun/Michael could be the main love triangle of the show.

I was also under the impression Kate and the Marshall might've been sexually involved.

Sawyer was my favourite from the pilot and the reason why I decided to continue watching the show. At this point I was also interested in Sayid and Shannon, more their on-island scenes than FBs, though.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'll start my Lost rewatching tonight! I want to cover at least both parts of the pilot and episode 3.

I haven't rewatched the full episodes in ages, so this will be interesting.

I do remember my very first impressions about the characters after I had watched both parts of the pilot in summer 2005 - this is a summary :

- Hate/Dislike: Jack, Kate, Shannon, Boone
- Neutral: Walt, Hurley, Charlie
- Like: Sun, Locke, Michael, Jin, Claire, Sayid
- Love: Sawyer

And this scene:

still is one of the funniest and cutest scenes of all 5 seasons to me. D'Aww.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think I ever disliked anyone back in S1. I mean, I thought Shannon was pretty useless. And Jin was kinda mean, lol. I didn't even mind Jack. But the only character I knew it was love at first sight for me was Sawyer.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

I really enjoyed Walkabout - thought it was probably the best hour of television I'd ever seen. But yeah, the first time I ever caught myself saying, "I HAVE to watch next week!" was when I saw the promo for Confidence Man. Damn, if they could just bottle whatever it is that makes that man so attractive . . .

TRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

And sell it.

Confidence Man was a great episode. I think my favorite scene is the end when he's contemplating buring the letter and he doesn't. He decides to hold onto his revenge instead. The inner conflict and angst was just written all over his face. I just...fell deeper in love.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
And sell it.
Damn straight. Then we could turn any guy into our own personal Sawyer.

Quote:
Confidence Man was a great episode. I think my favorite scene is the end when he's contemplating buring the letter and he doesn't. He decides to hold onto his revenge instead. The inner conflict and angst was just written all over his face. I just...fell deeper in love.
I know. Did you ever think we'd get an episode as great as The Brig to resolve it? That was some emotional ****. I can't wait to see what they have planned for him next season.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRoss (View Post)
Damn straight. Then we could turn any guy into our own personal Sawyer.
Sounds good to me, lol.

Quote:
I know. Did you ever think we'd get an episode as great as The Brig to resolve it? That was some emotional ****. I can't wait to see what they have planned for him next season.
The Brig was awesome. But I can't rewatch it too often. My heart can't take it.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

I hear ya. I love a good drama, but it's hard to psych yourself up to watch those highly emotional ones again. Tricia Tanaka, on the other hand, I could watch that one over and over.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love that episode. Sawyer/Hurley/Jin/Charlie were so much fun together. And Sawyer really needed that after the ordeal he went through in Otherville.

Last edited by Crystaline; 06-05-2009 at 11:49 PM
Crystaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah he did. Forced labor, beatings, constant fear of death, putting up with Pickett, and conned into thinking he had an explosive pacemaker in his chest. Poor baby. Though he did finally get to be with the woman he loved.

Click if you're feeling blue.

Old 06-09-2009, 03:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

June 8 - June 14
Old 06-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Ultimate Fan

Argh! The Plaid Shirt!

I am such a loser. I haven't watched one single episode yet.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Me either.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Extreme Fan

I haven't actively rewatched any episodes for any kind of rewatch or anything like that, but I did catch a rerun of CM on cable a few weeks ago and the one thing that sticks out to me, and I guess bothers me, is that Kate still doesn't know about Sawyer killing the real Sawyer. She was all over him in CM about the letter and spent her time digging into his psyche and figuring him out that it just seems a total waste that she doesn't know how it was all resolved.
jessica1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread