Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2007, 02:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostwith_Sawyer (View Post)
Thanx so much for the article misteriosa

I just translated and posted on my Lost Blog, hope you don't mind.

kisses
No problem.

I just copy and paste what I find on the net.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty
Josh Holloway: I hate bling

Lost star prefers the rustic look

Josh Holloway hates flaunting his wealth – so he won't be taking any fashion tips from king of bling P Diddy.

The Lost star, 38 – who lives with wife of three years Yessica – was determined not to get a fancy ring to mark their union.

'You won't catch me in bling. I like natural jewellery made from wood or leather,' he tells Live magazine.

'I wear a wedding ring but it looks more like a car part.'
I have always thought the ring looked like a huge nut , that lost it's bolt.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you for posting the article Misty I still haven't got my mag back.

I love that Josh wears and does his own thing...I can't imagine him ever following the fashion trends.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Mainly thanks to Misty, here are the translations of the two brief articles about Josh in 'Grazia', and the Italian edition of 'Cosmopolitan'. The interviews were both made in Munich last May during the DCW presentation. Nothing really new/interesting in them, but they're better than nothing.

From Grazia:
Quote:
Sawyer, the hunk of Lost

JOSH HOLLOWAY: "I'M HATEABLE, BUT THAT'S WHY YOU LIKE ME"

In the tv show he's bad, but very, very attractive. "My character says things everyone would like to voice out, if they were bold enough to do it". Does he resemble Sawyer? "Not at all, I'm sensitive, friendly, and I love my wife". Before reaching success, he's had sixteen jobs. "Being famous is tiresome, though..."

by Simona Siri

It's 40° C on the terrace of the Bayerische Hof Hotel in Munich. And I'm not exaggerating. It's so hot the hostess keeps bringing wet towels to prevent us, poor, swollen feeted journalists from all over Europe, from passing out out. Our pain is rewarded, though: we get to meet the hunky Josh Holloway, Sawyer from Lost, the most charming scoundrel on television (it's a tie with doctor Gregory House, I must say). With long hair and two days' stubble required for his castaway role, wearing jeans and an unbuttoned white shirt, Holloway sits under a parasol, fresh and relaxed, waiting for each woman in line to sit in front of him. It looks like a celebrity version of the "speed dating": 15 minutes with the actor - who stars in the new Davidoff Cool Water commercial - for each one of us. That's how it works these days, so it's better not to waste any time and get straight to the point.

How do you feel playing the role of a jerk?
«Ah, I like your frankness. That's true, during the whole first season Sawyer was really behaving like a jerk, but he has improved and this is a good thing, because he risked becoming a one-dimensional character. I'm pleased with where they're taking him, but I don't want him to get too good. The uncaring side of his personality is part of his charm, right? The credit for the growth of the character goes to the writers by the way: they study us, know us, and according to each actor's characteristics, they change and improve the script.»

Do you think there is some Sawyer in you?
«There is a bit of Sawyer in all of us, if we'd only let it come out.»

Excuse me, but what part are we talking about here?
«The part that doesn't care about what other people think. The part which isn't politically correct, which says what's on our minds and faces the consequences of our actions. The character is loved precisely because of that: we aren't allowed to say and do what we want in our society. Sawyer is certainly not the kind of person society wants us to be. I assure you, going to work every day and having a chance to act like a totally free person is wonderful.»

Can you tell us what's in store for Sawyer or, at least, what you hope for for your character?
«I hope he'll keep growing, fluctuating between a bastard and a generous person. At the end, only at the very end, I would like to see him die. I don't think I want him to survive and leave the island.»

And how should he die?
«Doing something really unexpected, something that would redeem him once and for all from all his bad actions. For instance, he could save a frog.»

I'm sorry?
«Yeah, rescue a frog and then die. A ridiculous and weird act that would redeem him though. Let's hope so.»

Don't you want to see him in love with Kate [the Lost character played by Evangeline Lilly], maybe have a relationship?
«Well, he's already a bit in love, although I can't picture Sawyer in a stable relationship, I don't think he will be able to make it work.»

Is it true that you had many other jobs before you became an actor?
«Sixteen or seventeen since I moved from Georgia to California. I used to get bored very easily and that's why I changed so many jobs. Thankfully, I don't have the same problem anymore».

You also worked as a real estate agent, right?
«I had received my license as a real estate agent three days before I signed on Lost. I never got to practice it, but studying was fun. I had been away from school for so long that it felt very nice when I proved to myself that I could still pass an exam».

Did you dream of becoming famous when you were a kid?
«No, absolutely not».

That's what every actor says…
«Is that so? Well, you know what? You should try it. Being able to act is great but being famous is really tiresome».

I could use that statement as the title…
«The fact is that becoming famous forces you to make adjustments in your life. I'm an open, sociable person, but I'm also very private. I had to learn how to stay true to myself while being in the public eye and also not let my self-confidence depend on what other people might think about me. I'm handling these things much better now. I've been able to enjoy only the positive aspects of fame and not allow the negative ones affect me».

Your marriage also had to adapt to this new situation?
«Certainly. My wife and I have a very strong relationship. She's very sure of herself and the fact that I've become famous brought us even closer together as a couple. Obviously, there are some tough moments…».

Like when you're speed-dating 15 different women in one day?
«Ah, that's a good one. No, she doesn't care. On the contrary, days like this remind her why she's still with me. When she saw me ruffled haired in the Davidoff Cool Water ad the other day she said she'd fallen in love with me all over again.»

I read that you're very careful about spending your money. Is it because success hasn't come easy for you or because, as they say, Sawyer could get killed off at any moment and you'd be jobless again?
«It's both. I grew up in a beautiful place, on 33 acres of land, with eight dogs, in a house my father built with his own hands and thanks to his hard work. I was taught to value every single dollar. That's another thing that ties me with my wife. She's the one in charge of economy in our house, and she's very good at it.»

What's the most expensive thing you've ever bought?
«My fishing boat. Actually I wanted to buy a cheaper one but my wife told me: "If you must go out in the ocean, I want you to be as safe as possible"».
From Cosmopolitan:
Quote:
THE WAVES OF DESTINY

...are the ones in which happily wallows Josh Holloway, who has (finally!) reached success in the role of the deceitful Sawyer on Lost. Cosmo has met him and found out that a romantic heart beats underneath those 198 pounds of muscles.

by Barbara Pellegrini

MY FUTURE? IT'S IN THE MOVIES
The producers decided to end Lost in 2010. You'll have turned 40 by then. Do you have any plans?
"Well, I'm used to big changes and I'm not afraid to face what destiny has in store for me. I want to keep acting, that's for sure, and once my television experience is over I'd like to try with the big screen. I play the main part in 'Whisper', a horror-thriller full of great twists, which is it's going to be released pretty soon.

How did you choose that role? It's another bad boy...
"Yes, once again I portray a really complicated man, but unlike the ambiguous Sawyer, he is a bad guy with a good heart. Never judge by appearances, so..."

Speaking of Sawyer, is it true that you can't stand his surfer look, the long, wind-swept hair?
"I hate it, I can't wait to get a role for which the director will require a military haircut. I wouldn't mind playing a soldier in war. In fact, I propose myself for the role of a marine. I'm not afraid of hard work: when I was 11, I went to work on a farm during the summer. I had to pick up dead chickens. I know, it's awful. But that experience has taught me to look only at the bright side of life."

Is it true that you got the role of Sawyer by throwing a chair in the air
It was a period of big pressure. Every day I went to castings, and in the end I felt like I was wasting a lot of time waiting for the producers to make their definitive choice. During the umpteenth meeting I snapped and in a moment of rage and I threw a chair. That's precisely what they were looking for. An actor with an explosive charge ready to detonate and I gave them what they wanted. The role was mine."

Fortunately your wife seems to be your rational side!
"She is the person who allows me to be an artist. Her practical and resolute personality helps me with all the bureacratic issues which I don't understand in the slightest. Also she is great in reading the scripts and guessing the characters which would be best for me to portray."

I'M THE PERFECT HUSBAND
What kind of husband are you, Josh? I mean, are you a faithful man, despite the everyday temptations?
"Yessica should be the one aswering that question, but she's not here so I'll do it: I think I am a great husband who tries to give her the life of her dreams. I admit I have my flaws: I'm a dreamer and moody. I think faithfulness is a conquer, not a duty, I mean, the world is full of beautiful women... I'm married, not blind. But I'm always there for her and if we've been waking up in the same bed every day for the last eight years, there are some deep reasons behind it, right? And thanks to her, I can keep studying."

You study? But you haven't finished college and you even confessed that you never read...
"I stopped attending college after a couple of years because I started working as a model and didn't have time for exams anymore. But I absolutely must deny your statement: I've always devoured books. I'm aware that my appearence might not be that of a refined intellectual, but I enjoy reading good books. My favourite author is Cormac McCarthy. I used to spend sleepless nights reading Stephen King's horror novels when I was a teenager. They gave me the shivers."

Other than that, what do you do when you're not working on the set?
I live in Hawaii so I spend the main part of my spare time doing sports, especially aquatic ones. Partially because my ABC contract requires that I remain in shape. Sawyer can't go on screen with a belly or flabby biceps. But water is really my element. That's where I can reach absolute peace. I'm a simple man who is deeply in love with adventure and the sea.
It's better I don't comment the "Grazia" journalist not getting the frog joke, when S2 has aired here more than once.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the interviews! Do you mind posting this on the other Josh thread on the Lost board?

Quote:
"I'm a simple man who is deeply in love with adventure and the sea."
Josh summed it up quite nicely.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
Do you mind posting this on the other Josh thread on the Lost board?
Will do it.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks!

As a sidenote, I don't think Josh should EVER comment on Sawyer's fate unless it's something positive. This dying scenario he's obsessed with is killing me!
Old 07-22-2007, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

He's obsessed with the heroic death redeeming Sawyer and cleaning up his sins. I would like to know his exact and possibly detailed opinion about his character, because he always plays Sawyer down a little, don't know if it's because of his general humble attitude, or if it's a "supersticious practice", lol, or if he really doesn't like all that much his character.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the translations, Francesca.

Old 07-22-2007, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
He's obsessed with the heroic death redeeming Sawyer and cleaning up his sins. I would like to know his exact and possibly detailed opinion about his character, because he always plays Sawyer down a little, don't know if it's because of his general humble attitude, or if it's a "supersticious practice", lol, or if he really doesn't like all that much his character.
I'd like to know that as well. He doesn't really go into detail about Sawyer like Evangeline does with Kate.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for the scans, Ti, Misty for the the link and Fran for the interviews! Three

my LJ
Old 07-23-2007, 10:49 AM
Master Fan

Thank you so much for both translated articles I always love reading what Josh has to say as I almost always learn something new about him .

If Sawyer were to die - which I really hope he doesn't it would have to be as Josh said; at the very end of the show and doing something meaningful that led to the death. I think Josh probably feels that if Sawyer were to get off the island he'd be the sort of person to slip back into his old bad habits and all the character growth that had been made on the island would be left there .
Old 07-23-2007, 11:11 AM
New Fan

Crystaline:
I'm new in this forum, i'm from argentina. I loove loost and obviously i love sawyer too.
I would like to know, please, how can I get an image that moves like you have, down your username. I would like to put one different down my username, but i don't know how to get it and how to put it there. Please if you can tell me how i have to do it and where i can find it.
Thank you very much!

We all love lost here!

Sheena
Old 07-23-2007, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hola, Sheena
Welcome to Josh's forum.

I'm not Crystal , but I can tell you , that you need to have 100 posts before you can upload an avatar.

Twenty-four hours after your 100th post , you click on the User CP at the top left hand side of the page. That takes you into the Control Panel .on the left side of the page under Settings & Options you will find edit avatar.

Click on Edit Avatar . Click on the Use Custom Avatar button , if you are uploading an image from your computer. In the middle of the page will be a Browse button , click on that to files you have saved on your computer. Click on the avatar file you want to use select the Open option and on the custom avatar page click save changes.

We have a thread on this board devoted to Josh avatars and icons. Link to thread.
http://www.fanforum.com/f227/josh-sa...rawl-62801078/

I'm sending you a private message with this information. You can access private messages at the top right hand side of the page.

Last edited by addicted2much; 07-23-2007 at 11:31 AM
Old 07-23-2007, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome Sheena!
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Louise- (View Post)
If Sawyer were to die - which I really hope he doesn't it would have to be as Josh said; at the very end of the show and doing something meaningful that led to the death. I think Josh probably feels that if Sawyer were to get off the island he'd be the sort of person to slip back into his old bad habits and all the character growth that had been made on the island would be left there
I don't like too much the idea of the "heroic sacrifice that redeems the bad guy". As a start, I don't think of Sawyer as a bad guy, he's in the "gray zone" as almost every other character in this show, plus he has already proved that he's able of selfishless actions and has joined the A team every time there was the need (with the only exception of the Jack rescue). Accepting to die to save someone else's life? It's what he did in I Do. And the storyline of the final sacrifice is a bit of a clichè. I would enjoy a lot more to see his little steps to come to terms with what he has done and who he is, like in the past seasons (and hoping he's overcome the Cooper thing).
Closed Thread   Post New Thread