Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
I honestly don't know how they'll approach the news of Charlie's death. I mean with Claire, Hurley... even Jack, considering he was the one giving him the Go for the "mission" at the underwater hatch.
I guess they'll concentrate on the more practical consequences his death will have for losties (to trust the newbies or not?) and less on emotional impact it'll leave on people who were close to him.

Quote:
And now that I think about it... where is Desmond in those 4x02 promo pics?
Who knows. He doesn't seem to be with either group.

BTW I don't think the divison we see in these latest photos is final and tells us who's on team Jack and who's on team Locke. It looks to me like Sayid, Kate... and the new guys are trying to contact the freighter. Actually, maybe they went to pick up Fahey, who could've gotten lost. Or they will do both.
I don't see why Charlotte would be on Locke's team, either.
In conclusion, the split hasn't happened yet. It probably will in episode 3.

Quote:
I'll make you keep 4 foiler guys at home if you give me spoilers for the first 8 episodes.
You can't buy me.

Quote:
Ok, then to be sure I'll mention the spoiler but not that it comes from Ausiello.
I think there shouldn't be any problems if you do mention him.

Quote:
You can ask her, in a joking way, what will Sawyer do to screw things up with Kate that badly.
Tomorrow I'll send a question about the KITC.

I'll try to think of somwthing for Kristin. We have 3 more days.

Quote:
Thanks! Yes, it's Naomi. So... first Naomi attacks Kate, it's still night and it rains, then he meets Daniel ("are you Jack?" scene from the Australian promo) it's daylight but it still rains, right? Then when do they go to get Miles, in those paparazzi pics they weren't in the jungle.
I think Jack and Kate will contact Danile, separate from the group and they'll wait for him in the jungle. In the meantime the night will start falling. Suddenly Naomi will jump Kate and Jack will kill her. Then Daniel will jump from the helicopter. Then he'll contact Miles, who will land on the beach. The day will have come.
Maybe they won't go back to the group but Sayid and Juliet will look for them and tell them about Chalie and Desmond.

Or not.

Quote:
Jeff seems to be the last person who lands on the island.
I think I saw some people speculating that he could've landed at the same time Naomi did.

Quote:
Now I had a scary thought of Smokey playing both Christian and Naomi in the premiere.
I want the dead to stay dead.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteriosa (View Post)
I guess they'll concentrate on the more practical consequences his death will have for losties (to trust the newbies or not?) and less on emotional impact it'll leave on people who were close to him.
15 episodes going on and on about his possible death, then he dies and they could deal with the emotional impact of it all 8 months and five episodes later (Desmond's).
Quote:
BTW I don't think the divison we see in these latest photos is final and tells us who's on team Jack and who's on team Locke. It looks to me like Sayid, Kate... and the new guys are trying to contact the freighter. Actually, maybe they went to pick up Fahey, who could've gotten lost. Or they will do both.
I don't see why Charlotte would be on Locke's team, either.
In conclusion, the split hasn't happened yet. It probably will in episode 3.
Yep. I guess the trailers confused me a little, I had put some scenes in 4x03 in my mind and now I know they belong to ep. 2 and how to link them to the first one.
Quote:
You can't buy me.
Tsk. I'll make up a couple of random rumors to tease you with and I'll have you at my mercy.
Quote:
I think Jack and Kate will contact Danile, separate from the group and they'll wait for him in the jungle. In the meantime the night will start falling. Suddenly Naomi will jump Kate and Jack will kill her. Then Daniel will jump from the helicopter. Then he'll contact Miles, who will land on the beach. The day will have come.
Maybe they won't go back to the group but Sayid and Juliet will look for them and tell them about Chalie and Desmond.
How juliet and Sayid end up with them was what I couldn't place in the puzzle... it does make sense they go after them. And when they brought up charlie's message Miles shout the "I'll tell you who we are" line (or something like that).
Maybe at first they'll keep silent so Sayid can seize them up.
Quote:
I think I saw some people speculating that he could've landed at the same time Naomi did.
...? Now you lost me.
He is shooting an emergency flare in one pic.
So he've been waiting for the others to land before doing anything?
Quote:
I want the dead to stay dead.
You're hopeing for a Mikhail return... admit it.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Tsk. I'll make up a couple of random rumors to tease you with and I'll have you at my mercy.
Damnit! You know me too well.

Quote:
How juliet and Sayid end up with them was what I couldn't place in the puzzle... it does make sense they go after them. And when they brought up charlie's message Miles shout the "I'll tell you who we are" line (or something like that).
Maybe at first they'll keep silent so Sayid can seize them up.
Yes, Miles might explode after they say what harlie's message was.
We know Sayid and Locke will be suspicious of them in ep 3 so I'm guessing the split will happen after that. I was thinking ep 3 but I think ep 4 is possible, too.

Quote:
...? Now you lost me.
He is shooting an emergency flare in one pic.
So he've been waiting for the others to land before doing anything?
I was just throwing out some options, but I saw that photo with Fahey shooting an emergency flare a bit late. It basically rues out him having landed when naomi did.

Quote:
You're hopeing for a Mikhail return... admit it.
What can I say? I have a thing for eye-patches.

ETA: Spoilers: The Beginning of the End - Sneak Peek

Is it just me or does anyone else find Jack as a tough guy hilarious?
He winked at Ben!

Last edited by misteriosa; 01-11-2008 at 02:04 PM
Old 01-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yes, Miles might explode after they say what harlie's message was.
We know Sayid and Locke will be suspicious of them in ep 3 so I'm guessing the split will happen after that. I was thinking ep 3 but I think ep 4 is possible, too.
I really want to know what convinces Sayid to go with Team Jack.

First sneak peak of the season! \O/

Hurley, Jack and Kate:

Spoilers: The Beginning of the End - Sneak Peek

The wink of love!

ETA - sorry! Missed your edit before posting the link.
And to say I even edited the post once to point out the wink... *iz blind*

They're really setting up the whole " from I'm-101%-sure-I'm-in-the-right!! to Pwned" thing. Of course, it will take less than half a season for Jack to go back to save everyone and their mother and repay people for his slip. Can't wait.

You know I dislike Ben, but between him and smug!Jack, the first one is less creepy.

Last edited by Hawthorn; 01-11-2008 at 02:32 PM
Old 01-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Master Fan

I thought the scene could've been a bit more emotional.

Seriously, the wink is hilarious. I can't help it.
Jack will probably try to attack/kill Locke in the scene where Sayid and Sawyer are holding him back.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah Jack, you're cool, you rescue people, you can kill others if you want!
What a man.

I might see Jack's POV if it weren't that he's going to tgrust a group after one of them tries to kill Kate the following day. :S

And I'm still trying to find a sense in the Aaron thing.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah Jack, you're cool, you rescue people, you can kill others if you want!
What a man.
*Macho, macho man...*

Sawyer kepr saying he wouldn't kill anybody but strangled Cooper.
Jack threatens to kill them all but won't kill anybody.

Quote:
I might see Jack's POV if it weren't that he's going to tgrust a group after one of them tries to kill Kate the following day. :S
Maybe he and Kate thought Naomi was just traumatized fro being stabbed?

Quote:
And I'm still trying to find a sense in the Aaron thing.
It will never make sense to me but I'm convinced it's him.
Until we get some spoilers it will be hard to speculate about it.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Now I have an image of Jack praticing his macho "You talkin' to me?!" in front of a mirror a la Taxi Driver.
Quote:
Sawyer kepr saying he wouldn't kill anybody but strangled Cooper.
Jack threatens to kill them all but won't kill anybody.
But see, words can hurt more than knives and guns. That's Jack's dark side talking, his flaws! This awesome, grey, complex character you can't help but love even if he can say very hurtful thing.
You turn your back and you'll throw a F-word to you.
Quote:
Maybe he and Kate thought Naomi was just traumatized fro being stabbed?
She has no reason to think the others want to harm her, and before attacking Kate, she clearly sees who she is. I'll laugh hard if they pull out that excuse and buy it.
I'll fire Sayid from my Fantasy Team.
Quote:
It will never make sense to me but I'm convinced it's him.
Until we get some spoilers it will be hard to speculate about it.
BTW, if they really try to go with the "Frimples! No... Aaron!!" thing, they'll really go for the bastard route. I mean, I didn't want a S/K baby, but using the idea to create a "twist" that isn't a twist at all and built some lame excuse to have Jack and Kate distant? It sucks.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Now I have an image of Jack praticing his macho "You talkin' to me?!" in front of a mirror a la Taxi Driver.

But see, words can hurt more than knives and guns. That's Jack's dark side talking, his flaws! This awesome, grey, complex character you can't help but love even if he can say very hurtful thing.
You turn your back and you'll throw a F-word to you.

Quote:
She has no reason to think the others want to harm her, and before attacking Kate, she clearly sees who she is. I'll laugh hard if they pull out that excuse and buy it.
I'll fire Sayid from my Fantasy Team.
I think they probably won't even mention Naomi attacking Kate.
BTW I'm kicking your butt in the Fantsy League.

Quote:
BTW, if they really try to go with the "Frimples! No... Aaron!!" thing, they'll really go for the bastard route. I mean, I didn't want a S/K baby, but using the idea to create a "twist" that isn't a twist at all and built some lame excuse to have Jack and Kate distant? It sucks.
That's precisely the twist I'm expecting.

But the you know what's the worst thing for me in all this - Sawyer will act like an ass and hurt Kate badly ---> the possible Frimples baby will be used as a cause for their break up, but it turns out there really is no baby.

The good thing about this - even if they went with Kate being pregnant with Sawyer's baby, I'm sure they wouldn't let her give birth to Frimples. She would've probably miscarried at some point. I'm glad I won't have to fear that scenario because they use that opportunity to make Sawyer an ass and Jack a hero again.
Basically, the pattern is always the same but the circumstances are slightly different.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I think they probably won't even mention Naomi attacking Kate.
That's impossible. What wpuld be the whole puepose of her temporary resurrection if not being another "sign" Jack & co. will ignore and will haunt them later..?
Quote:
BTW I'm kicking your butt in the Fantsy League.
I haven't checked anymore after the first 3 rounds, I think. Who is your points-grabbing champion?
Quote:
That's precisely the twist I'm expecting.
That's a jaw-dropping twist only if you're used to watch soap-operas.
No wait, that's predictale even for soap-operas.
Quote:
But the you know what's the worst thing for me in all this - Sawyer will act like an ass and hurt Kate badly ---> the possible Frimples baby will be used as a cause for their break up, but it turns out there really is no baby.
I know, talk about getting the most and giving the least.
Still, I have my troubles picturing the actual argument between Sawyer and Kate. She already approached him in the finale about the possibility of a pregnancy, also considering his reaction, if I were her I would take a test before announcing the thing, and just ignore it if the result is negative. I can't see Kate as the kind of person who in the middle of all the crap happening on the island at that point, "tests" Sawyer and brings the subjects up again just to see what he says/does.
Quote:
The good thing about this - even if they went with Kate being pregnant with Sawyer's baby, I'm sure they wouldn't let her give birth to Frimples. She would've probably miscarried at some point. I'm glad I won't have to fear that scenario because they use that opportunity to make Sawyer an ass and Jack a hero again.
Basically, the pattern is always the same but the circumstances are slightly different.
You know my position, I highly doubt they would've gone with a miscarriage with Kate (also considering Ana Lucia's storyline)

What irks me the most is reducing all the issues between Sawyer and Kate and what we've seen so far to a baby scare and its consequences. Kate could find out after 2 years why he reacted like that (Cooper's murder) or never. All the things unsaid and unresolved will stay like that, unless they'll manage to pull off a storyline/timeline I can't imagine now.
And I don't even want to start mentioning the wishes I had for Skate. Like Kate confessing to Sawyer all about Wayne. If I stop and think about those, I get sad.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I haven't checked anymore after the first 3 rounds, I think. Who is your points-grabbing champion?
I have no idea. I just checked how my rankings and points.

Quote:
I know, talk about getting the most and giving the least.
Still, I have my troubles picturing the actual argument between Sawyer and Kate. She already approached him in the finale about the possibility of a pregnancy, also considering his reaction, if I were her I would take a test before announcing the thing, and just ignore it if the result is negative. I can't see Kate as the kind of person who in the middle of all the crap happening on the island at that point, "tests" Sawyer and brings the subjects up again just to see what he says/does.
It is hard to figure out how they will address the issue. I think they've made way too many mistakes so far so they'd better bring some sense into it all.

Quote:
What irks me the most is reducing all the issues between Sawyer and Kate and what we've seen so far to a baby scare and its consequences. Kate could find out after 2 years why he reacted like that (Cooper's murder) or never. All the things unsaid and unresolved will stay like that, unless they'll manage to pull off a storyline/timeline I can't imagine now.
And I don't even want to start mentioning the wishes I had for Skate. Like Kate confessing to Sawyer all about Wayne. If I stop and think about those, I get sad.
I've had the same problem for the most part of season 3. They kept piling issue upon issue only to neglect them all and focus on one problem alone - the pregnancy scare, which in the end will turn out to be a non-issue.

It's so disappointing. I felt like they avoided writing Skate and dealing with their issues because it would be impossible to do so without , not exactly defining their relationship, but either making it much more solid or tearing it down in a way.

I've given up on any expectations since I found out we'd be getting all those FFs very soon. Up until then I had hoped that at least Cooper would be mentioned but I guess not.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I have no idea. I just checked how my rankings and points.
I'm going to check my ranking tomorrow.
Just wait until Sayid dumps Elsa and Nadia is back in the picture with soem kickass storyline.
Quote:
It is hard to figure out how they will address the issue. I think they've made way too many mistakes so far so they'd better bring some sense into it all.
It's funny because we keep hearing how awesome this episode is, and at any new spoiler, I keep going "WTF?!".
Maybe the beauty is in the final composition.
Quote:
I've had the same problem for the most part of season 3. They kept piling issue upon issue only to neglect them all and focus on one problem alone - the pregnancy scare, which in the end will turn out to be a non-issue.
I bitched about that last season too, but somehow hoped that the writers would pull their heads out of... you know , and address them later. Even if disappointed by the scene at the creek, the fact that Kate mentioned Sawyer's behaviour after his trek with Locke gave me a bit of hope I've hold onto the whole summer.
Sigh.
Quote:
It's so disappointing. I felt like they avoided writing Skate and dealing with their issues because it would be impossible to do so without , not exactly defining their relationship, but either making it much more solid or tearing it down in a way.

I've given up on any expectations since I found out we'd be getting all those FFs very soon. Up until then I had hoped that at least Cooper would be mentioned but I guess not.
They've been stalling, and yes, a part of me, even if I was trained to get the worst, is royally pissed that all those scenes, struggles, loose ends... will stay like that forever. While Jack gets to know Kate's issues and even help her with them after treating her like crap. Because after 3 seasons apparently none of all I think to see meant a thing, Jack is the guy really caring for Kate while Sawyer after kneeling on the ground to take a bullett for her is breaking her heart (let's ignore the fact that we, or him, never knew to whom her heart really belonged).
BTW, I'll believe in the consistency of all of that when the human population will colonize Pluto.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm going to check my ranking tomorrow.
Just wait until Sayid dumps Elsa and Nadia is back in the picture with soem kickass storyline.
I've written our results down.
Your current rank - 786
Last Week's rank - 1045
Weekly ranke change - 259
Points overall - 280

Quote:
They've been stalling, and yes, a part of me, even if I was trained to get the worst, is royally pissed that all those scenes, struggles, loose ends... will stay like that forever. While Jack gets to know Kate's issues and even help her with them after treating her like crap. Because after 3 seasons apparently none of all I think to see meant a thing, Jack is the guy really caring for Kate while Sawyer after kneeling on the ground to take a bullett for her is breaking her heart (let's ignore the fact that we, or him, never knew to whom her heart really belonged).
BTW, I'll believe in the consistency of all of that when the human population will colonize Pluto.
You've summed up the core of my frustrations very nicely.

I think we can exclude the boots entering through that door in ep 2.
Do you agree?

FYI The negotiationss between the AMPTP and the DGA start tomorrow.
They've been meeting for months and discussed some relevant issues before they decided to start formal talks. - Deadline Hollywood Daily ? AMPTP AND DGA AGREE TO BEGIN FORMAL CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS; DGA’s Apted Says “Within Shouting Distance”

Last edited by misteriosa; 01-11-2008 at 05:26 PM
Old 01-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I've written our results down.
Your current rank - 786
Last Week's rank - 1045
Weekly ranke change - 259
Points overall - 280
Thanks!
I'm basically screwed if you stay off line for a week. O_O

786?! OMG, we fail, Fran Fantasy Team.
Quote:
I think we can exclude the boots entering through that door in ep 2.
Do you agree?
I think we can. Although there is a stream, no way they can squeeze Otherville in ep. 2.
Quote:
FYI The negotiationss between the AMPTP and the DGA start tomorrow.
They've been meeting for months and discussed some relevant issues before they decided to start formal talks. - Deadline Hollywood Daily ? AMPTP AND DGA AGREE TO BEGIN FORMAL CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS; DGA’s Apted Says “Within Shouting Distance”
Thanks luv!
It's a good sign, right?
*is completely in your hands for anything strike related*

P.S., I never brought this up, but this shot from the first long trailer (I think):

is probably from inside the same building we saw Locke throwing that "thing" similar to a tray against the wall, right?

I snagged the cap on a lost lj comm. a while ao so I don't remember the owner.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
786?! OMG, we fail, Fran Fantasy Team.
My pathetic little team (Kevin, Rachel...) isn't doing much better. It's on 466 th place.

Quote:
Thanks luv!
It's a good sign, right?
*is completely in your hands for anything strike related*
Well, it should be but it will probably depend on the terms of the contract.
If the WGA feels the directors' deal covers all the issues they are fighting for in an satisfying way, they'll probably be willing to sign a similar one. If they think it's not good enough, they'll most likely continue striking.

Quote:
P.S., I never brought this up, but this shot from the first long trailer (I think):

is probably from inside the same building we saw Locke throwing that "thing" similar to a tray against the wall, right?
It's probably the same place.
Is there somebody standing on the left side of the pic or am I imagining things?