Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2008, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

*not looking at spoilers*

I love the thread title.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Maria, do you want me to PM you when we get something positive, at least?
If that happens, that's it, lol!

ETA - our favourite game has been updated with the letter C:
Quote:
xxxxxx, xxxxxxxx, xxxxxxx, xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx, Cxxxxxxx, xCxxx Cxxxxxx, x xxxxx, x xxxCxxC, xxx x Cxxxxxxxx xxCxxxxxx xxxx xx xxx xxxxxxxCxx xxx Cx.
As usual, you can vote in the poll for the next letter to be revealed, this time the options are: K, V, G, M, Y, Z, P.

Last edited by Hawthorn; 01-10-2008 at 08:19 AM
Old 01-10-2008, 08:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
I think the pic is not super unflattering only for the characters sitting down. Yes, Sun's pose is so... politely fake, but she, Sawyer and Ben (although at his creepiest) look like themselves.

Juliet looks... weird. And I can see the line of the bra.
Her and Jack's heads look... not right.
Locke looks less alive than his action figure.
Jin is... tiny!
Kate and Desmons' faces seem older. (and I can see Jack's chest more than Kate's).
I agree with you that the characters sitting on the ground look better than those standing up.
Juliet's hair looks like someone glued it to her head.
Who chopped off a bit of Jack's head?
Action figure is exactly what I first thought after seeing Locke.
Sayid has his eyes half closed.

Quote:
P.S. Guys I need someone telling me who is Kate cuddling with. Is The Fish's source's spoiler real? Can it be Jack?
Help.
She said it's real.
I doubt she'd used the term "sexy cuddling" for Kate and Jack.
My first and only guess was Kevin. Then I saw people who were convinced it's Sawyer and I don't get it. Didn't they have a fight in episode 3?

ETA: Lyly added another group promo pic to L-M

Last edited by misteriosa; 01-10-2008 at 09:00 AM
Old 01-10-2008, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteriosa (View Post)
I agree with you that the characters sitting on the ground look better than those standing up.
Juliet's hair looks like someone glued it to her head.
Who chopped off a bit of Jack's head?
Action figure is exactly what I first thought after seeing Locke.
Sayid has his eyes half closed.
Sayid looks like he just woke up in both the group shot and the single promo pic. :/ He looked a lot more fierce in the S3 ones, even if the light-colored shirt of the jungle photo was too stylish for Sayid.
You're right about Juliet's hair! Now I get why her head looked so weird.
The pic makes also look Jack fatter.
Kate is totally PMSing.
Quote:
She said it's real.
I doubt she'd used the term "sexy cuddling" for Kate and Jack.
My first and only guess was Kevin. Then I saw people who were convinced it's Sawyer and I don't get it. Didn't they have a fight in episode 3?
Sawyer? O_O
Okay... I agree that sexy cuddling may make you think about Sawyer. Also why would she release a spoiler involving a third man being her the Skaters' "guru"? That's true.
I haven't thought about Sawyer at all, though. :/

If it's Sawyer, it is supposed to happen at the very beginning of the episode. So, there is no real separation at the end of 4x03. But how can they have time to show people cuddling on island if the previous episode ends with a shooting?
@_@

(Is it bad that now that you told me that I kinda with it's Sawyer for real? )
Quote:
ETA: Lyly added another group promo pic to L-M
Thanks! Aww, Team Locke.
Anyway the very first thing I thought when I opened the pic was: why did they put flashback!Desmond there?! That didn't look like Ben at all to me.

ETA - wait, did you tell me yesterday that The Fish's spoiler wasn't referred specifically to 4x04?
Old 01-10-2008, 10:32 AM
Master Fan

New thread! Looks gorgeous!

So deep breath - "awesome" spoilers. They manage to say something without saying anything, hence they don´t really spoil the shipper stuff just vague as before Anyway. No way Sawyer is gonna hurt Kate physically! If it happens I´m done with the show even without Sawyer dying. They wouldn´t dare that. So deep breath: I can actually see Sawyer being a jerk to her to push her away because (???) and to make sure she uses her chance of gettimg of the island. Maybe he overheard some ILY talk because Kristin said it´s refered/talked about a lot and gets something wrong. I mean after pitty sex and ambigiousness and Kate just running back to safe Jack the minute they were safe *yadayadayada* I can understand if he´s a bit pissed at her. I´d be if I was in his situation. Jealousy is never easy to deal with. So be it. The thing I cannot see or imagine is that Kate would put the moves on Jack, initiate anything . She always is like so paralysed/unable to even talk about stuff with him[the kiss]. She always turns into this insecure/innocent girl IMO so I found that fact more shocking! Or are they all corrupted, like different characters. I mean on island or FB Jack never looked like a druggie to me. He couldn´t even take his father being one. So maybe their characters changed in the new after island life. As in this being the prize they had to pay...And I mean how long is this ep, 40min. Jate/Skate/island&boaties/FF/FB...sounds like a little bit for everyone but nothing at all, of all things legendary!

You made me venture to the News... thread Misty what have you done to me
Old 01-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Sayid looks like he just woke up in both the group shot and the single promo pic. :/ He looked a lot more fierce in the S3 ones, even if the light-colored shirt of the jungle photo was too stylish for Sayid.
I agree.
But I've noticed the change in the exprssion on Sawyer's face too. In season 3 he was smiling and now he looks way more serious.

Quote:
Kate is totally PMSing.

Quote:
(Is it bad that now that you told me that I kinda with it's Sawyer for real? )

ETA - wait, did you tell me yesterday that The Fish's spoiler wasn't referred specifically to 4x04?
It happens in ep 4.0* so yeah, it's not specific.
It's not wrong to want it to be Sawyer. I guess it could happen on the island at the very beginning of the episode. That would mean that they will parallely have Skate on the island and Jate in the FF.

Quote:
Thanks! Aww, Team Locke.
Anyway the very first thing I thought when I opened the pic was: why did they put flashback!Desmond there?! That didn't look like Ben at all to me.
I thought they put both teams on different sides but Claire seems to be with Jack's group.
Also, shouldn't Ben and Juliet switch places? Or maybe he'll get off (one of my guesses gor "him") and she'll stay behind?
Yes, I am reading too much into it.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXA82 (View Post)
So deep breath - "awesome" spoilers. They manage to say something without saying anything, hence they don´t really spoil the shipper stuff just vague as before. Anyway. No way Sawyer is gonna hurt Kate physically! If it happens I´m done with the show even without Sawyer dying. They wouldn´t dare that. So deep breath: I can actually see Sawyer being a jerk to her to push her away because (???) and to make sure she uses her chance of gettimg of the island. Maybe he overheard some ILY talk because Kristin said it´s refered/talked about a lot and gets something wrong. I mean after pitty sex and ambigiousness and Kate just running back to safe Jack the minute they were safe *yadayadayada* I can understand if he´s a bit pissed at her. I´d be if I was in his situation. Jealousy is never easy to deal with. So be it. The thing I cannot see or imagine is that Kate would put the moves on Jack, initiate anything . She always is like so paralysed/unable to even talk about stuff with him[the kiss]. She always turns into this insecure/innocent girl IMO so I found that fact more shocking! Or are they all corrupted, like different characters. I mean on island or FB Jack never looked like a druggie to me. He couldn´t even take his father being one. So maybe their characters changed in the new after island life. As in this being the prize they had to pay...And I mean how long is this ep, 40min. Jate/Skate/island&boaties/FF/FB...sounds like a little bit for everyone but nothing at all, of all things legendary!
The only thing that scares me a bit is one one or two sources among the people who have seent he episode said skate may be over after 4x04. How big is this falling out? Still NO WAY I can see Sawyer harming Kate.
Maybe someone thought Skate was over after Sawyer conned her in The Long con, too? I don't know how to take this.
InsiderScoop is pretty attuned to the online fandom so he shouldn't be the kind of guy to blow things out of proportion...
I'm super confused.
Also, how much stuff happens in this episode? @_@

I'm curious about Kate's moves on Jack too. And why is Jack refusing her, for pete's sake?! I can't see Kate being drunk or anything. And Jack loves her.
Quote:
But I've noticed the change in the exprssion on Sawyer's face too. In season 3 he was smiling and now he looks way more serious.
Well, with the exception of him and maybe Juliet, they all look ready to attend a funeral or kick someone, so maybe the "dark theme" was purposely searched in the pic composition? The sky is grey and heavy too.
Drama like whoa!
Quote:
It's not wrong to want it to be Sawyer. I guess it could happen on the island at the very beginning of the episode. That would mean that they will parallely have Skate on the island and Jate in the FF.
Actually, to have both Jate and Skate in the episode makes me A LOT pissed, but Kate and Sawyer are together after Kate got back in Jack's good graces and heard him saying ILY to her, so it's a little comforting.
I don't know.
Maybe I'm just so desperate I'm clinging to the only happy hints we have, not being able to be objective.
Quote:
I thought they put both teams on different sides but Claire seems to be with Jack's group.
Maybe she'll be, but she dies before making it to mainland?
That would fit the Aaron is Kate's "special person" guess.
(I still say it's not Aaron, though ).
Quote:
Also, shouldn't Ben and Juliet switch places? Or maybe he'll get off (one of my guesses gor "him") and she'll stay behind?
Yes, I am reading too much into it.
You and I both.
Maybe they're put at the extreme sides just because they're the last ones who joined the regular cast.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
You made me venture to the News... thread Misty what have you done to me

That'll teach you not to skip checking out other threads on Josh's board.

I have to do some ironing now.
See you girls later.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Maybe but still, how can this fit in the story on island? Boaties coming and all. To me it seems like soon after the beach group arrives they built their teams. Also weren´t the first episodes supposed to be only 1 or two days

Quote:
Maybe someone thought Skate was over after Sawyer conned her in The Long con, too? I don't know how to take this.
True. ANd i think I remember some online buzz about this being the end of Skate but see s3 happened! That´s why I´m with you Fran and that we need damn facts already not just interpretations!

ETA:
Quote:
That'll teach you not to skip checking out other threads on Josh's board.
Misty you´ve no idea how much I need that after today´s university day I had never seen this before! So thanks

But ironing I hate it! So s

Last edited by ALEXA82; 01-10-2008 at 11:54 AM
Old 01-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, apparently they have time to argue over the pregnancy thing, so some moments of "peace" will be given to the Losties. IMO, in the first episodes things will stay tense, but it looks like the good or bad nature of the Boaties will fully come into play later, I think from episode 5 to 8.

I'm prepared for the worst, but I would really know the heck happens because going further with the speculations. These last 5-6 days have been hell.
I went from confused to angered, to scared, to miserable, to confused again... Not healthy.

P.S. The first word in the Hangman game has the same number of letters iof "Sawyer", and I'm upset because Y is losing to M in the poll. With Y I would know if the word is Sawyer! Which I don't think it's the case, but still...

P.P.S. I was reading this Damon Lindelof's essay reported on DarkUFO's homepage, where he explains "Why he writes". At the very end of the piece, he says this:
Quote:
and also because I’m still trying to make my dead father proud of me
And finally we know where the insane amount of daddy issues in this show come from.

P.P.P.S. DarkUFO's blog has now a chat room to discuss spoilers and decipher the hangman game together. And maybe shippers can also fight live, hooray!
Old 01-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Maybe but still, how can this fit in the story on island? Boaties coming and all. To me it seems like soon after the beach group arrives they built their teams. Also weren´t the first episodes supposed to be only 1 or two days
Beats me. I do believe that the first two episodes and episode 3 to some extention will be mostly action-packed. Episode 4 is probably the first one in this season with some serious character-based storyline. That's why IMO most sources talk about it.

Quote:
But ironing I hate it! So s
That makes two of us.

Quote:
P.S. The first word in the Hangman game has the same number of letters iof "Sawyer", and I'm upset because Y is losing to M in the poll. With Y I would know if the word is Sawyer! Which I don't think it's the case, but still...
I don't check the comments over there regularly but I saw some people making guesses with Sawyer's name and I so wanted them to pick one letter contained in it. Of course, they went with "C".

Quote:
P.P.S. I was reading this Damon Lindelof's essay reported on DarkUFO's homepage, where he explains "Why he writes". At the very end of the piece, he says this:

and also because I’m still trying to make my dead father proud of me

And finally we know where the insane amount of daddy issues in this show come from.
I don't know how it feels but I know that I love my Dad so much that the thought alone terrifies me. My dad got seriously ill once and it sucked when the doctor basically told me an my mom that he would die if his condition doesn't change. Thankfully it ended well.

At the same time, this leaves no doubt in my mind that Jack = Damon.
Seriously, Jack must be some kind of projection of how he sees himself or wants people to see him.

I'll never be over his comment from the Comic Con because I felt some sort of resentment in it. It's stupid I know, but that's how I feel.

I simply prefer Sawyer to Jack. It's nothing personal, Damon. *Team Carlton*

Quote:
P.P.P.S. DarkUFO's blog has now a chat room to discuss spoilers and decipher the hangman game together. And maybe shippers can also fight live, hooray!
NOT!
As soon as shippers start overtaking discussions there, I'm gone ad afraid to come back. It's seriously gotten pretty tiresome and irritating.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Master Fan

Well, don´t we all have some sort of Daddy issues. I have. Still I can´t identify with Jack and yes prefer Sawyer too.

Quote:
I'll never be over his comment from the Comic Con because I felt some sort of resentment in it. It's stupid I know, but that how I feel.
What did he say?

And yes, Dad´s being sick is - weird and terrifying. Especially when you never saw them sick just always strong. It i sdisturbing and I know what you mean Misty...been there done that too.

Quote:
Still I find that - sad, that it is so obvious! Maybe I don´t like it (and Damon Lindeloff that much) because some of Jack´s actions and motivations are scary to me.

Oh and yes, because I don´t like and trust TV show writers in general

Quote:
The first word in the Hangman game has the same number of letters iof "Sawyer", and I'm upset because Y is losing to M in the poll. With Y I would know if the word is Sawyer! Which I don't think it's the case, but still...
No comment
Old 01-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
What did he say?
Something about forgiving murders just because pretty characters take their shirts off.

More from Insiderscoop:
Quote:
let me try to clear a few things up that some people assumed from my previous post. i dont want to say too much until i give dark the follow synopsis of the episode later on.

kate does not go to jack in the ff because of what sawyer did to her.she goes to jack for what he did for her in the trial and the help he provided.

jack does not turn down sex with kate but simply turns her down when she start getting overly friendly. he does not want to continue with her because of 'him'.

sawyer and kate are finished on the island after sawyers actions but we dont know what happens in seasons 5 and 6 so maybe kate goes back but from what i know this does not happen.

sawyer and kate have sex but it is after this kate confronts sawyer about the pregnancy test. it is here that sawyer says and does things that are totally unforgivable. he really is a selfish jerk in this scene.

jack andkate have a very romantic moment in the ff but as i said jack turns down her advances.

the end of this episode is very good and should not be spoiled.
This doesn't sound good to me.
OK. Why do they have sex again?
Old 01-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I don't check the comments over there regularly but I saw some people making guesses with Sawyer's name and I so wanted them to pick one letter contained in it. Of course, they went with "C".
It looks like C was the one with the one who recurred the most in the sentence, but still... Now M is strongly in the lead.

No, we're not talking about a poll involving letter of the alphabet.
It just looks like it, but it's not.
Quote:
I don't know how it feels but I know that I love my Dad so much that the thought alone terrifies me. My dad got seriously ill once and it sucked when the doctor basically told me an my mom that he would die if his condition doesn't change. Thankfully it ended well.
I can't even imagine that. I got a big scare only once, with my mom, but it lasted not for long, she made some tests and we knew it wasn't anything serious.
But listening to a doctor telling matter-of-factly soemthing like that to you, and waiting desperately for things to get better...

Quote:
Seriously, Jack must be some kind of projection of how he sees himself or wants people to see him.
Hairy and with a huge patronizing attitude?
Quote:
I'll never be over his comment from the Comic Con because I felt some sort of resentment in it. It's stupid I know, but that's how I feel.
Maybe he was just hoping we would give a better response to the "Others aren't super bad" storyline, and that we would miss Teddy Tom more.
Quote:
I simply prefer Sawyer to Jack. It's nothing personal, Damon. *Team Carlton*

I would understand his desire of making the common geek into a hero if he appied to that character the same "considitions" given to the others. But that's the opposite, Jack is like a superhero in disguise, not a common man doing good things even with his flaws and fears. The whole point of Lost, redemption - self-analysis - evolution, is missing in Jack, IMO.
Quote:
As soon as shippers start overtaking discussions there, I'm gone ad afraid to come back. It's seriously gotten pretty tiresome and irritating.
I almost never read the comments there anyway, but I got a "nice" experience once or twice during the character cup so I can imagine.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Master Fan

*hugs Fran back*

Now check out the latest Insiderscoop's info in my previous post.