Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Master Fan

Oh, the possibly only thing I liked in this ep that involved Bela at all was Dean's comment about "I don't trust you in my car, much less in Bobby's head." Glad to see that Dean has some caution and sense about Bela (even if that was basically the only glimmer of it in this ep........ )

icon by lunas_borednow
Anla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Master Fan

So, the boys question at one point why Bobby's still alive (when the professor died so quickly). I think it was Sam who asked that. And my initial response was to burst out "Because Bobby's awesome like that!" But I think it had more to do with the fact that Bobby, even freaked-out in the nightmare, was still enough of a hunter to put up a fight. Still, it's a good thing that Dean got through to him when he did, because it was wearing Bobby down and he was just about ready to give up.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 06-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anla (View Post)
Oh, the possibly only thing I liked in this ep that involved Bela at all was Dean's comment about "I don't trust you in my car, much less in Bobby's head." Glad to see that Dean has some caution and sense about Bela (even if that was basically the only glimmer of it in this ep........ )
I think Dean would always be at least a bit cautious about Bela, besides, why trust someone like her?

True, I'm glad Dean was able to get through to Bobby and shake him out of that

av
Mei Zhuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree, dream or not the hunter in Bobby would have kicked in and thankfully it did so the boys could get there to save him.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Master Fan

Excellent observation about the hunter in Bobby being what did keep him alive for so long.

I think it's also very telling how much Dean believes in Bobby the hunter too, when you see him being completelly thrown away by the fact that he hadn't pieced it together and had let the dream suck him in.
However I get it.... It is probably something that has been haunting Bobby since it happened so letting it consume him was normal. After all we see it later too, Dean himself was at the verge of letting the dream take over, and it was fortunate that Sam managed overthrow dream guy the moment that he did.
Folie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:12 AM
Elite Fan

true, nice observations regarding Bobby. Even though I do think that he has awesome hunting skills, I do think it's like what Folie said; it has consumed Bobby for a while that its normal for him to have let his guard down a bit and be overtaken by the dream

av
Old 06-18-2008, 09:55 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I'm sure his guilt about not being able to save his wife has been wearing at Bobby for years. He was trapped in the nightmare for a while, so while he would have been enough of a hunter to fight back and hold on, eventually it would start tearing him down and get past his defenses.

Thankfully, Dean snapped him out of it in time.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 06-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei Zhuo (View Post)
I think Dean would always be at least a bit cautious about Bela, besides, why trust someone like her?
I didn't think the boys were nearly cautious enough about Bela in this episode, actually. Bobby was, though. Glad to see that he was suspicious enough to know that if Bela was doing something, it was for her own benefit, and to wonder what that might be.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 06-21-2008, 01:45 AM
Elite Fan

The boys should always trust Bobby's judgment, I think Bobby is awesome, and I was glad that he was suspicious of Bela from the get-go. The boys sometimes do forget to be as cautious though

av
Old 06-21-2008, 08:05 AM
Master Fan

Hm... not to diss Bobby, cause I love the guy, but I'd say even he blew Bela's excuse of "Flackstaff" over quite quickly. Suspiciously, yes... But still he sorta went with it too...
He was a smidgen more untrusting towards her than the boys, I'll give you that, but still a smidgen is a smidgen, so in reality not that much more...
Old 06-22-2008, 09:35 AM
Elite Fan

well true, he initially just blew over Bela's excuse like it was nothing

av
Old 06-23-2008, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

But he was suspicous. Willing to use her help, but he clearly was keeping a closer eye on her than the boys.

For instance, he didn't open up a safe with Bela in the room so that she'd know exactly where he was hiding a one-of-a-kind mystical weapon.......

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 06-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anla (View Post)
But he was suspicous. Willing to use her help, but he clearly was keeping a closer eye on her than the boys.

For instance, he didn't open up a safe with Bela in the room so that she'd know exactly where he was hiding a one-of-a-kind mystical weapon.......
But evidently not close enough.
Again, not to diss Bobby, but he seemed to be spending more time with Bela at the time when she probably was assesing the place and looking for an opening to snag the colt.
And I'm not saying he was present when she did it, but one could say she did it right under his nose.

Again it's the same thing I have with Gordon in FB. It's not just the boys are were dumbed down around her and in her favour. It was everyone.

So I don't think that even Bobby was smart enough in this episode when it came to Bela. As I said, it didn't bug me as much over all in this one, but it was very much true, again, not only about the boys but for everybody else too.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:04 AM
Master Fan

I still think Bobby shows more intelligence around Bela than either of the boys do.

I don't get too upset that Bela managed to steal from them - that's what she does. She's a very good thief. But for goodness sake, did Dean and Sam have to go out of their way to make it so easy for her?

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 06-25-2008, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

Another Dean/Bobby moment I liked was when Dean was getting all crazed from sleep-deprivation and snapping at Bobby, and Bobby's just "Don't yell at me, boy", which calms Dean down some. Dean really does listen to Bobby.

icon by lunas_borednow
Reply   Post New Thread