I will Anji

wow the kiss *dreams*

and the still..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 08-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope we get to see that exact shot [the new wedding still] in the movie itself, because they both just look so friggin' happy. I mean, who couldn't adore that?
Old 08-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Pictures from the premiere of Eric and Rachel:

Old 08-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks so much for those, Belle.

I saw those were starting to surface. I adore them, especially that first one. There's a shot of them looking at each other [not the one you posted, though that one's great too], that I'm seriously in love with. They're looking straight into each other's eyes, and it's so lovely. I hope it surfaces on another site other than getty, so we can see it larger.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Rachel McAdams is a Plunging Princess | Eric Bana, Rachel McAdams : Just Jared

she looks so gorgeous.

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 08-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm really liking that new hairstyle on her. And Eric just looks so dashing.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Which picture were you talking about, Anji?

The movie's finally here.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll try finding it, and post it for you.

So, I saw it. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it, like I was expecting/hoping. They seriously butchered it for me, compared to the book. Eric and Rachel did great with what they were given, which wasn't as awesome as I was hoping it'd be though. :/ I definitley prefer the book. So everything I've said about, already preferring the movie, yeah...not so much, lol. I still adore Henry/Clare though.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Master Fan

Can I be added? I'm in the middle of reading the book and I love them together. I can't wait to see the movie.
Kaite | icon: ?
Old 08-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCkLeS4dAwSoN (View Post)
I'll try finding it, and post it for you.

So, I saw it. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it, like I was expecting/hoping. They seriously butchered it for me, compared to the book. Eric and Rachel did great with what they were given, which wasn't as awesome as I was hoping it'd be though. :/ I definitley prefer the book. So everything I've said about, already preferring the movie, yeah...not so much, lol. I still adore Henry/Clare though.
Thanks for sharing, Anji. I haven't seen it yet (I'll be seeing it tomorrow), but I already had a sinking feeling about this movie ever since I glanced at critic Roger Ebert's review of it. I know they people will say what do critics know? I know critics' opinions do not go hand in hand with movigoers' opinions, but my opinions tend to side with the critics most times.

Even with hearing most people (so far) gushing about how good it was, how romantic it was, and how they cried, etc... I still got a bad feeling. I was thinking, "Oh, no, let it not be another Notebook."

Anyway, I think I'm going to share your sentiments. Although I loved the trailer, I was a bit thrown by the tone of it because it didn't feel like the book's tone. Hopefully, my gut feeling will be proved wrong when I see it tomorrow. I still can't wait!

Old 08-14-2009, 08:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Anyway, I think I'm going to share your sentiments. Although I loved the trailer, I was a bit thrown by the tone of it because it didn't feel like the book's tone. Hopefully, my gut feeling will be proved wrong when I see it tomorrow. I still can't wait!
Tell us how it was and if you liked it If I watch the trailers more than once, they always make me a little teary eyed

Last edited by peace_love_couture; 08-15-2009 at 07:42 AM
Old 08-15-2009, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I too, think the book was better. I didn't see a lot of character development in the movie, but it is hard to adapt it on screen. I still liked the movie though. Eric and Rachel had chemistry.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I did like the movie. I do think it was a hard book to adapt to the big-screen. It could've been worse, but it defintely could've been better too. It just sucked having not character development. I did love Eric and Rachel.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:06 AM
Master Fan

It must have been hard to try to get the whole book to fit into that short a time.

After reading the reviews on the other threads (the link) I'm really excited to see it and can't wait to see Rachel and Eric. I'm kinda glad they changed Gomez
Old 08-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Master Fan

Add me please?