Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2014, 04:30 AM
Master Fan

Yeah good point about the ending! I also prefer the one in the book because it makes their love story more complete in a way I guess. It's also a more heart breaking one tho.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~ lydia martin
Old 09-15-2014, 08:56 AM
Master Fan

I've always thought the makeup in that first gif you posted was horrendous, Lindsey.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:21 AM
Master Fan

Really? It always impressed me that they were able to make her look younger.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:30 PM
Master Fan

Maybe it isn't even the makeup, maybe it's the hair, but there's some combination there that just makes her look so uh, unattractive, it blew my mind.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:43 AM
Dedicated Fan

I've recently re-watched the movie on a plane and wanted to re-read the book afterwards. It had been the same for me for the first time, too; I saw the movie first and read the book after then. I heard that the book was really good but hadn't read it yet. This movie is a bit special for me because I kind of lost track of Rachel's projects after The Wedding Crashers and was excited to see her back on the screen. I remember coming back home and searching her up on the Internet and watching Eric's and her interviews on youtube I believed that she and Eric had great chemistry, they made a really nice couple and very belivable characters for Henry & Clare. I got curious about the book, besides the script kind of felt like it was lacking something so I read it afterwards and I fell in love with it. Great book. I loved Clare even more although I gotta admit that the Clare on the screen was much more loveable. I didn't like the sleeping with your best friends' boyfriend/husband thing in the book. I also loved the last 100 pages where Henry found out when he was going to die. It was heart breaking. I wept even when I was re-reading it, the writing is so strong.

After recently reading it for the second time, I tracked down AN's recent interviews. She mentioned on Reddit that she never saw the movie. She wasn't involved in the production and after reading the script, she realized that they were going to do their own thing and decided not to see it. I completely understand because the book was much more powerful and darker than the movie. She said that maybe in the future it might be re-made as a HBO series or something in which she would be more involved. I actually think it's very possible and hope to see it on Netflix or Amazon asap! This story would make a great series, don't you think?
Oh and btw, on Reddit they told her that Rachel made a great Clare and she said that she watched her in Sherlock Holmes and thought she was very lively. Maybe they would cast Rachel as Clare once again if they make the series I'd love to see that even though it seems a bit far-fetched
Someone also wrote that the ending was similar to the one in the book at first but they changed it after showing it to focus groups because apparently people thought it was depressing. That's why they switched it with a more optimistic one.
And finally, I read somewhere that AN's first casting choice for Clare was Lauren Ambrose from Six Feet Under. Do you think that it's true? In the book Clare is always described as a red head and Rachel was a brunette in the movie for some reason so I thought it might be true.

I remember Rachel saying that she read the book and loved it. Am I correct?

And I never see Eric Bana anymore! Reading the book again made me go and check his IMDb page. I would love for him to work with Rachel again, they looked like they were having so much fun. I think he made a perfect Henry.

And this is the first time I ran into this photo of Rachel. I can't believe how real it looks.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:08 AM
Addicted Fan

Yes, it looks very real