Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-14-2006, 02:51 PM
Elite Fan

Yea, didn't mean to confuse you!

I'm so glad that Burke's heading back to the hospital, and Izzie will follow soon. Maybe they'll be able to help each other heal, because altho Izzie doesn't have anything physically wrong with her, they both have emotional and pschological obstical's to get through before they'll be able to work with confidence again.

Tahra

I'M IN A GANG OF OBSESSIVE, WANT-IT-ALL SELFISH, HORNY HUMPIN' BITCHES

icon by me
Old 10-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

I love their "relationship" if that's what you could call it. The promo looked great for next week.

Can I be added?
Old 10-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

Adding you now Ashley!

Tahra

icon by me
Old 10-14-2006, 03:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks!
Old 10-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

No probs!

Tahra

icon by me
Old 10-14-2006, 07:08 PM
Total Fan

The promo for next week looks wicked intense . I can't wait . Like Tahra said I'm glad Burke is back though. I don't know. Something felt different not having Burke and Izzie in the hospital. Something was off since those two elements of the pie weren't present .
Old 10-14-2006, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

I think Burke will help convince Izzie to go back because there is nothing wrong with her physically.

We would operate but he cant.
She can operate but she won't.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:27 PM
Total Fan

Agreed. I think he will knock some sense into her, and emphasize that she will miss it. I don't think she knows about his tremors(unless it is mentioned), but looking at the promo she does show it is hard for her to leave. I mean she is somewhat sad listening to her heart.

Does anyone have this feeling that something worse is going to happen to Burke due to hiding his tremors? He and Christina are putting patients at risk for not telling the truth. This should be intersting development for them and for Burke.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngatiara (View Post)
I'm so glad that Burke's heading back to the hospital, and Izzie will follow soon. Maybe they'll be able to help each other heal, because altho Izzie doesn't have anything physically wrong with her, they both have emotional and pschological obstical's to get through before they'll be able to work with confidence again.

Tahra
Exactly... And judging by the promos for next week's episode, Burke's already stepping up the plate in giving Izzie a good kick in the pants when it comes to getting back into the program. I can only hope it works... And like you said, I'd also like to see her helping him overcome his own obstacles, because as much as I love seeing him and Cristina working through them, the two of them aren't going to be able to do it alone...*shakes head*

Welcome to the thread, Ashley...

Quote:
Like Tahra said I'm glad Burke is back though. I don't know. Something felt different not having Burke and Izzie in the hospital. Something was off since those two elements of the pie weren't present .
Exactly...and somehow in a way, I sense that was the whole point...that way everyone would be rooting for the two of them to come back... Suffice to say, it seems to be working...

Quote:
I think Burke will help convince Izzie to go back because there is nothing wrong with her physically.
This is my thinking...

Quote:
He would operate but he cant.
She can operate but she won't.
Well put...and I'm hoping their respective differences will end up being each other's strengths when it comes to the two of them trying to get back into the swing of things. And from everything we're seeing, this is already the angle they're starting to head towards...I approve...

Quote:
Does anyone have this feeling that something worse is going to happen to Burke due to hiding his tremors? He and Christina are putting patients at risk for not telling the truth. This should be intersting development for them and for Burke.
I do have a feeling that this will end up blowing up in their faces, one way or another in the coming episodes. However, I'm choosing to have faith that the two of them will be able to withstand the fallout, and come out the other side...stronger, and even more committed to each other for it... Still, I'm not anxious to see things go down there...*shakes head* Somehow, I have this feeling that Derek's going to be the one to catch the tremors in Burke's hand during an upcoming surgery...though that's just my best guess...
Old 10-17-2006, 05:51 PM
Elite Fan

I have a feeling that Burkes really going to push Izzie to stay, there's no way he'll let her just walk away from it all, neither will Bailey for that matter. I think really, they're the only two who will stick to their guns to get Izzie to stay.

Tahra

icon by me

Last edited by Ngatiara; 10-17-2006 at 05:57 PM
Old 10-17-2006, 06:12 PM
Total Fan

Bailey, I'm glad we already know she wants Izzie to come and stay . We don't need to speculate that much there...thank goodness lol. Which rocks because many of us speculated in the Katie Heigl board and here that Bailey would fight for her, and alas she is . Burke I don't know because of the context of the line he says is unknown for right now. I mean is he attacking Izzie, or is trying to show her something . I just don't know until the episode airs. The context of it is just bugging the crap out of me because it can be either one .

ETA: The interns are sticking by Izzie too . Judging from their reaction in "Sometimes a Fantasy". It's just right now after last week's episode Burke and Christina are both going down this dark and twisty path. I find it interesting foreshadowing to "Deterioration of the Fight or Flight Response" because Izzie directly says to Christina:
Quote:
Cristina: I'm not involved.
Izzie: What if this was Burke? What if you were me?
Cristina: This is bad. This is bad and serious and against a lot of rules. It's not fun for me.
Izzie: What if you were me?
Cristina: Well, I wouldn't have fallen in love with a patient.
Izzie: You fell in love with an attending.
Cristina: Well, so did Mere, what's the point?
Meredith: The point is, we can't help who we fall in love with.
George: Yeah.
Izzie: Yeah.
Ever since Christina entered that room her human emotions has arrived. She appears to be now be Izzie in a similar dangerous situation due to the fact just like Izzie loves her man. She loves Burke, and is ready to risk Burke and her careers along with a patient's life. That was some pretty gosh darn good foreshadowing . They did a role reversal on us again lol. Now Burke just like Denny is with Christina on the path they are going. This something I never thought before hence the longer edit on this post on the dark and twisty Bang lol.

Last edited by IsabelAmandaEvans; 10-17-2006 at 09:03 PM
Old 10-22-2006, 11:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngatiara (View Post)
I have a feeling that Burkes really going to push Izzie to stay, there's no way he'll let her just walk away from it all, neither will Bailey for that matter. I think really, they're the only two who will stick to their guns to get Izzie to stay.
Hmmm...before this week's episode I might've agreed with you, but it seems like the chief is also really pulling for her now as well, despite his obvious feelings to the contrary in his previous conversation with Bailey. Should be interesting to see how it all progresses... And it looks like Izzie's going to be back at the hospital next week shadowing Mere, so there's something.

Quote:
I mean is he attacking Izzie, or is trying to show her something .
After watching it, I still think it's a bit of both...but really more of the latter, which would make sense...and seems to have worked from what we can tell...

Quote:
Judging from their reaction in "Sometimes a Fantasy". It's just right now after last week's episode Burke and Christina are both going down this dark and twisty path. I find it interesting foreshadowing to "Deterioration of the Fight or Flight Response" because Izzie directly says to Christina:

Cristina: I'm not involved.
Izzie: What if this was Burke? What if you were me?
Cristina: This is bad. This is bad and serious and against a lot of rules. It's not fun for me.
Izzie: What if you were me?
Cristina: Well, I wouldn't have fallen in love with a patient.
Izzie: You fell in love with an attending.
Cristina: Well, so did Mere, what's the point?
Meredith: The point is, we can't help who we fall in love with.
George: Yeah.
Izzie: Yeah.
Hmmm...somehow this completely managed to get by me, but you definitely make an interesting point, because now the situations themselves have reversed and it is Cristina/Burke in the dark and twisty place. Have to wonder how Izzie might get involved in it now that you've brought this up. And foreshadowing indeed...

Quote:
That was some pretty gosh darn good foreshadowing . They did a role reversal on us again lol.
Agreed... And indeed they did...and somehow without my even picking up on it...*smacks forehead*

Last edited by Robotica; 10-23-2006 at 06:16 PM
Old 10-23-2006, 10:10 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
After watching it, I still think it's a bit of both...but really more of the latter, which would make sense...and seems to have worked from what we can tell...
I think it's a little bit of both as well . I think he took some of secretive tremor problems out on her since she is indirect variable to what happened to him. The rest was convincing her not to quit, and look at how she is so talented.

Quote:
Hmmm...somehow this completely managed to get by me, but you definitely make an interesting point, because now the situations themselves have reversed and it [i]is[/b] Cristina/Burke in the dark and twisty place. Have to wonder how Izzie might get involved in it now that you've brought this up. And foreshadowing indeed...
I think there are similarities and differences between Denny/Izzie and Burke/Christina. Now the interesting part is where it's different. It's similar due to fact they are risking so much out of love, however, the ending could be different. With Denny/Izzie they grew closer as did their love. To the point Denny asked her to marry him, and her saying yes. Whereas Burke/Christina seem to be falling apart, and becoming less like a couple.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsabelAmandaEvans (View Post)
I think it's a little bit of both as well . I think he took some of secretive tremor problems out on her since she is indirect variable to what happened to him. The rest was convincing her not to quit, and look at how she is so talented.
Well put...I agree...

Quote:
I think there are similarities and differences between Denny/Izzie and Burke/Christina. Now the interesting part is where it's different. It's similar due to fact they are risking so much out of love, however, the ending could be different. With Denny/Izzie they grew closer as did their love. To the point Denny asked her to marry him, and her saying yes. Whereas Burke/Christina seem to be falling apart, and becoming less like a couple.
Hmmm...you really are making a good point here... Oddly enough, this might be where Izzie's able to show Cristina and Burke something...and in the process, might be able to start clawing her way out of her own pile of guilt and twistiness. Personally, I hope she's given the opportunity to take it. Could be her way of giving something back, which I'd really like to see.

Still, I have to agree with you that the similarities and diverging different roads here are definitely interesting...especially given Burke's strong ethical and moral code...at least most of the time. Just goes to show that between his own injury, and some of Cristina's own ambitiousness, even he has his limits.

Which just goes back to what I was saying about Izzie...with Burke still doing everything he can to try to help/save her, even with his own issues going on, I hope Izzie's able to return the favour for him. After all, it's starting to look like he's going to need it...
Old 10-23-2006, 07:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotica (View Post)

Welcome to the thread, Ashley...
I know I'm really late with this but thanks