Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin_Bodhi (View Post)
I really wish they got more scenes together.
You and me both, Sarah, but like everyone here, I'm really enjoying the scenes these two do get, and this one was no different. Never really thought about the whole big brother/little sister relationship vibe the two of them give off, but it's probably the best way to describe the chemistry between the two of them. And while they're both dealing with their respective issues, it seems to work for them being able to relate to each other in a way the others can't, which makes for a refreshing change. I can only hope the writers take advantage of the obvious storyline potential there, and have them end up really helping each other through things...definitely...

And didn't really consider the chicken parallel with Cristina, and it's connection to the Burke/Izzie Thanksgiving experience, but that really makes a lot of sense as well now that I've thinking about it...

Calla...thanks for posting that cap of them together outside the hospital...too cute...

And Tahra...I'll add you to the list now...:nod;
Old 10-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotica (View Post)
I can only hope the writers take advantage of the obvious storyline potential there, and have them end up really helping each other through things...definitely...
Agreed, and to me already have and starting to because through the episode both Izzie and Burke showed they cared for one another. Burke did when he told George that she was standing outside the hospital, and I don't know if anyone noticed, but after Christina said "She's dating everyone with a pulse and I'm trying to get Burke out of the belljar". Izzie gave her this look like "as if that's not nice" or something. I can't describe it, but it was an obivious look from Izzie. Because one minute Izzie was staring at the SGH, and the next she gave Christina a look. A look that made Christina go inside. Did anyone see this look?
Old 10-07-2006, 11:42 PM
Master Fan

Anyone notice he didnt even really look at her? I thought that was so cool for some reason.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:34 AM
Elite Fan

I noticed the look Izzie gave Cristina, a dirty look, and the way Cristina turned and left was so funny!

I know, Burke just stood there, said one line, not a single glance at Izzie. It was a great scene, so emotionally charged.

Tahra

I'M IN A GANG OF OBSESSIVE, WANT-IT-ALL SELFISH, HORNY HUMPIN' BITCHES

icon by me
Old 10-08-2006, 12:49 AM
Master Fan

This show can get so much out of just simple simple things.

This scene that we are talking about...
Bailey and Derek in the elevator in "Into You Like a Train"...
Most of Burke and Cristina's scenes...
Old 10-08-2006, 01:17 AM
Elite Fan

That's for sure. I think in a way, altho the complicated stuff is good and all, that it's the simple scenes that really make the sure, because they're just so real and touching.

Tahra

icon by me
Old 10-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngatiara (View Post)
It was a great scene, so emotionally charged.
Yes, it was

I also like the way Burke looked outside the hospital when telling George that Izzie was there. He seems worried/contemplative.

As you pl said, I think they can develop a friendship from this and I hope the writers go there. Why to make them both feel so out if not to create some kind of bond? I don't want anything romantic between them, but I think they could be great as friends.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:48 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
I noticed the look Izzie gave Cristina, a dirty look, and the way Cristina turned and left was so funny!

I know, Burke just stood there, said one line, not a single glance at Izzie. It was a great scene, so emotionally charged.

Tahra
Yea it was. I had to watch it twice to make sure . Christina left was funny .

It truly was .

Quote:
That's for sure. I think in a way, altho the complicated stuff is good and all, that it's the simple scenes that really make the sure, because they're just so real and touching.

Tahra
That's one of the reasons I enjoy GA. There shows that honestly don't know how to use quick scenes, and show some significance or meaning. GA is one of those shows that knows how to. Which I love. The scene could be maybe a 1-2 minutes, and it can mean so much to the characters . Not many shows' writers and creators know how to do it, but GA does. I just love it.

Quote:
As you pl said, I think they can develop a friendship from this and I hope the writers go there. Why to make them both feel so out if not to create some kind of bond? I don't want anything romantic between them, but I think they could be great as friends.
Agreed . Very much how Alex and Meredith bonded in S2. I would love to see Burke and Izzie bond some more. They caring nature and love for cooking are two things we know they have in common. I would love to see more.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Now that you both are mentioning it, I remember that look as well... Depending on how you look at it, it could be that she didn't like Cristina acting that way about Burke, or more likely that she's standing there thinking...'I'm standing here silently trying to get up my nerve to go inside the hospital, and all you can talk about is how much Burke is annoying you?'...

Quote:
Exactly... Was one of many Grey's scenes that was very meaningful in it's simplicity...

Quote:
Well put, Bea... And besides, given that this show does nothing without a reason, I seriously doubt they would've given these two such as friendly chemistry last Thanksgiving if they weren't planning to eventually have it lead somewhere. That said, this would be the perfect time to do it...when they're both in similar predicaments...at least in terms of the whole being on the outside looking in sort of thing...
Old 10-08-2006, 03:19 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Now that you both are mentioning it, I remember that look as well... Depending on how you look at it, it could be that she didn't like Cristina acting that way about Burke, or more likely that she's standing there thinking...'I'm standing here silently trying to get up my nerve to go inside the hospital, and all you can talk about is how much Burke is annoying you?'..
Agreed . It could be interpretated both ways. I thought the later on the first viewing, and then the second viewing I thought the first one . I suppose it's up to the viewers to decide unless it's mentioned on a commentary or something .
Old 10-08-2006, 05:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
"I'm standing here silently trying to get up my nerve to go inside the hospital, and all you can talk about is how much Burke is annoying you?'...
I thought that's what she was thinking at first too... Until I rewatched and then I thought that she was pissed off at Cristina for what she was saying about Burke. Now I watch the scene, and I can see a little of both in Izzie's eyes

A relationship between them I feel would be completely wrong, they just don't have that connection aye? A friendship is just right

Tahra

icon by me
Old 10-08-2006, 05:25 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
I thought that's what she was thinking at first too... Until I rewatched and then I thought that she was pissed off at Cristina for what she was saying about Burke. Now I watch the scene, and I can see a little of both in Izzie's eyes

A relationship between them I feel would be completely wrong, they just don't have that connection aye? A friendship is just right

Tahra
Now I'm confused to what that look meant . It meant something though .

Agreed . A friendship one is just right even though Isaiah joked about having Izzie and Burke hooking up .
Old 10-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsabelAmandaEvans (View Post)
Agreed . It could be interpretated both ways. I thought the later on the first viewing, and then the second viewing I thought the first one . I suppose it's up to the viewers to decide unless it's mentioned on a commentary or something .
Eh...fair enough... In a way, it's nice to have that bit of individual interpretation left out there...keeps things interesting...

Quote:
I thought that's what she was thinking at first too... Until I rewatched and then I thought that she was pissed off at Cristina for what she was saying about Burke. Now I watch the scene, and I can see a little of both in Izzie's eyes.
Hmmm...given everything we've said up until now, I could see it being both as well. Figure I'll try to rewatch it again tonight for some additional thoughts...both on this, and some other things in the episode...

Quote:
A relationship between them I feel would be completely wrong, they just don't have that connection aye? A friendship is just right.
Exactly...I mean, on a show where there is a lot of shipper potential, I just don't see it being something that would work with these two either...I enjoy the friendship-big brother/little sister vibe they seem to have going on though...it's got a comfortable sort of feel to it if you get what I'm saying...

And we weren't trying to confuse you on how to interpret the look, Melissa...it's just that there's so many different thoughts on what it might have meant is all...hell, in a way, it could've meant a little of each of them, or none at all...
Old 10-08-2006, 07:52 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Eh...fair enough... In a way, it's nice to have that bit of individual interpretation left out there...keeps things interesting...
Agreed .

Quote:
And we weren't trying to confuse you on how to interpret the look, Melissa...it's just that there's so many different thoughts on what it might have meant is all...hell, in a way, it could've meant a little of each of them, or none at all...
Oh, I know . I was mostly kidding . Would've helped if I put *kidding* next to my line, but I didn't it. Sorry.

I'm glad there is room for interpretation because for one it's not insulting the audience's intelligence, makes you think about it, and come to your own conclusion. For an example, there are many interpretations of the Meredith/Addison supply closet scene. Personally, I didn't find that all that bad. While watching I thought both girls were actually understanding to each other . Anyways, that's the quickests example of interpretation I could think of lol.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsabelAmandaEvans (View Post)
Oh, I know . I was mostly kidding . Would've helped if I put *kidding* next to my line, but I didn't it. Sorry.
No problem...

Quote:
I'm glad there is room for interpretation because for one it's not insulting the audience's intelligence, makes you think about it, and come to your own conclusion.
Well put...I agree completely...

Quote:
For an example, there are many interpretations of the Meredith/Addison supply closet scene. Personally, I didn't find that all that bad. While watching I thought both girls were actually understanding to each other . Anyways, that's the quickests example of interpretation I could think of lol.
Decent example you used there, as like you say, there are definitely a lot of interpretations of that scene. Me, for the most part, I agree with yours...though Mere could've come off as a little bit more caring toward Addison...or at the very least, they could've showed her not being so blatantly flirty with Derek in plain view of people at the hospital or something...eh...