Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2014, 07:28 PM
Master Fan

They've also already hinted Amelia would be the perfect girl for Owen - she wants kids and a career, and Owen coincidentally wants that too. I just think it's weird they didn't have a chemistry test in these 4 episodes. All her scenes were with Mer and Der. I think they've definitely brought her in as a new friend for Meredith, and it sounds like Meredith's going to be needing a new friend. Maggie and Owen actually had scenes together, but they didn't interact really, so it's not like there was a chemistry test either. She just happened to be the cardio surgeon interacting with Cristina when he entered, no biggie.

Jackson is at least interesting and I trust him more than this Maggie chick. I'm skeptical. I'm now convinced she's lying about being Ellis's child to take advantage of Richard. Ellis is a famous surgeon, so everyone knows her name. All she would have had to do is find out about the affair - which everyone knows about now - so it wouldn't be too hard. Richard is desperate enough to be elated to find out he might have a child, so he wouldn't think to question it.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:43 PM
Master Fan

He's a doctor. He would look like a fool not to question it.

I think if they don't want a repeat of Jolex (i.e. didn't take off with the fans), they ought to let the audience decide who Owen has the superior chemistry with.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:46 PM
Master Fan

Well, Richard is getting old and senile...

Owen could technically go on dates with both.

I'll root for him and Amelia no matter what over him and Maggie, because I already love Amelia and it's going to take a lot for me to warm up to a new character. I think a lot of the fandom would agree.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really enjoyed this episode. I haven't really seen much since season six, but I had to watch Cristina's final episode. I loved how Mer and Cristina danced it out, of course, and loved even more that they used a song from season one There's nothing I love more than the season 1 soundtrack for this show.

I started crying when Derek and Cristina hugged... I didn't expect that at all. I also really enjoyed the Cristina and Alex stuff.

I don't even really know what to say about Ellis and Richard's love child. What even?
Old 05-16-2014, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

Amelia is a new character to a great majority of the fandom who did not watch PP. She is as new as Maggie to me. Thus all I care about is who he has better chemistry with.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

She first appeared in season seven on Grey's, so she's nowhere near as new as Maggie. The point is her character is already developed. The material and background of her character is readily available to anyone who wants it - unlike Maggie or any other new character on Grey's. Her character exists in Shondaland, and that's all that matters. It doesn't matter if fans have watched it or not. Private Practice is just a spin-off of Grey's, so you're just missing out on a huge chunk of what makes Shondaland what it is today. It's definitely worth the watch. I couldn't imagine being a Grey's fan and not watching Private Practice - it really gives you a new perspective on Grey's, to be honest.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:59 PM
Master Fan

But Maggie has a story that is connected to Meredith so her story is readily accessible for them to develop. That's what makes her a bit different from the interns. They can rapidly create any contrived backstory for her character on the basis of being Meredith's potential half sister.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:07 PM
Master Fan

I know, which is why I'm learning to accept the idea, but the point is at this moment in time we have three years of readily available Amelia story lines. Maggie is an embryo in Shondaland at the moment and I don't trust her.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Maggie and Owen actually had chemistry test.. near the beginning, hallway before April told him she's preggo. IMO no chemistry...

Though I'm warming up on her especially now knowing that casting based on her color was not an issue at all since it really is possible (thank you people for pointing that out, made me remember that japril kid in AU was dark skinned too, sorry for momentary ignorance)

I feel this SL is bringing in a lot of issues...chief, Mer, and even Bailey..her last scene wherein she was so glad webber "picked her" meant she's looking up to him as a dad/mentor too thus if webber suddenly has eyes on this brilliant newbie she might have issues too...

I'm not excited about #TeamAlex #TeamBailey thing. I don't think at this point either of them deserves it. With Alex's departure and Bailey's malpractice? No. Avery needs a tag team, the board is so anti HAF they probably need another avery on that board (not necessarily April) can be Catherine or bring in daddy Avery finally.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Ooopps
Old 05-17-2014, 04:33 AM
Loyal Fan

10x24 was a great farewell episode for one of my fave beloved characters on GA. I never realized I liked Cristina until I went and rewatched the past seasons. I definitely teared up at the flashback reminders and nostalgic Grey's when George and Izzie were mentioned, Cristina mocking Alex like old times, and definitely the MerCristina scenes. It's definitely been a love/person story for Mer and Cristina and I really wish I had someone like they have each other. I really found it meaningful that Cristina reminds Meredith to not be 'eclipsed' by her husband. And that she is 'the sun' and she doesn't revolve around him. I think that's what was at the core of their friendship, that they wanted the other to be the best.

I like Amy and I hope she's around next season. It's gonna be interesting who will take Cristina's share and seat on the board since it seems that Webber chose Bailey, but Cristina gave Alex her shares. I honestly wished they didn't let go of Murphy and Ross, but it seemed that they had reason to go. What a twist that Ellis and Webber's daughter comes into the picture. I thought, 'Well, at least Meredith has a chance to get to know another sister!' and maybe Webber will play a bigger role in her life as well, as he already has.

And Japril, they only got one scene together. But for me, that scene wrapped up everything they experienced in the last several episodes. They will have their issues still to deal with, but at least they've come to an agreement and are sure in moving forward. I love that they recognize their commitment and love for each other.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_duchess (View Post)
I'm not excited about #TeamAlex #TeamBailey thing. I don't think at this point either of them deserves it. With Alex's departure and Bailey's malpractice? No. Avery needs a tag team, the board is so anti HAF they probably need another avery on that board (not necessarily April) can be Catherine or bring in daddy Avery finally.
Exactly! None of them have shown that they would be good for the board. Alex left and then shoehorned his way in on Arizona's surgery. I'm not sure why he is deserving of being on the board just because he been friends with Cristina. He's a hot head and he isn't right for the job. Bailey is not any better because she is selfish and after her own agenda because she doesn't have her lab.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

I really would have liked to see Amelia with Alex, not Owen. Unless he splits up with Jo, I don't see that happening.

Old 05-17-2014, 10:54 AM
Master Fan

Agreed but I don't see Jolex ending so I don't see Amelia/Alex happening.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
Agreed but I don't see Jolex ending so I don't see Amelia/Alex happening.
maybe Amy and Alex happening as a one night stand , because the writes are not going to keep Jolex happily ever after.