Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2014, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ughh, yes. I forgot to mention Mer's half sister WTF

Icon: Nikki
Old 05-16-2014, 01:48 AM
Loyal Fan

funny in past threads we talked about putting in characters that are attached to other characters rather than introducing interns with totally no back story...

but this maggie pierce might not even be liked...
they hinted on a possible webber/ellis lovechild when jesse williams was cast in s06. It was the perfect theory but they shut it down saying they're too close of age...so how old is pierce supposedly?

could still be theorized that this cliffhanger would be thrown out next season...
also she doesn't look biracial...I thought at first she'll say she's adele's daughter from somewhere..
Old 05-16-2014, 02:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_duchess (View Post)

but this maggie pierce might not even be liked...
they hinted on a possible webber/ellis lovechild when jesse williams was cast in s06. It was the perfect theory but they shut it down saying they're too close of age...so how old is pierce supposedly?

could still be theorized that this cliffhanger would be thrown out next season...
also she doesn't look biracial...I thought at first she'll say she's adele's daughter from somewhere..
I remember the rumour before Jesse joined that he could be Richard/Ellis love child, he would've been the perfect casting, this Maggie is not a good casting for Richard/Ellis's. It's more like you said Adele's daughter.

Icon: Nikki
Old 05-16-2014, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good episode. Good closure for Cristina. Though I will be forever be sad there wasn't a last MAC scene. But I liked that there were Cristina/Alex scenes and all the times she mentioned him.

Leah's departure was beautifully written too.

I am SO glad April kept her baby. I was so scared she was gonna lose it for some reason (well, actually, I know the reason, Shonda loves writing women losing babies)

And they finally went there with Richard and Ellis' lovechild. I'm not mad but I don't see how Ellis could have kept that a secret unless she went abroad for a while. And kudos because I totally didn't see that coming until 30 seconds before it was revealed. Let's see how Mer handles another sister.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:36 AM
Master Fan

Personally I hated the twist with the sister. It's made me angry because it's reusing the storyline with Lexie
Old 05-16-2014, 03:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm not liking this Mer's half sister thing
Old 05-16-2014, 04:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelexipedia (View Post)
Personally I hated the twist with the sister. It's made me angry because it's reusing the storyline with Lexie
how ironic that they aired burke's last episode and that actually was lexie's first appearance... and it was a finale too...

but I remembered that chyler being cast was also a huge thing...like it had huge PR but Kelly McCreary is not yet that hugely promoted...or maybe not yet?

...so I'm 50-50 on whether this would push through...although, she has no regular gig at present AND she's from scandal (like jerrika was). So she could also be likely to stay...
Old 05-16-2014, 05:17 AM
Master Fan

I personally loved that plot twist. I always thought that if Jackson wasn't an "Avery" that he would have been Meredith's brother. I've even heard that that was their original plan with casting him. I love that she already has an interesting back story even more than Jo and Stephanie and they have been on the show 2 seasons now. I think having her and Amelia instead of Jo and Stephanie would be even better.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

I will watch the Finale now
Luckily the Show is here in Germany still on hiatus . The 2 half of the season will air in Sep or Oct. So this ist not the final Farewell to Sandra for me
Old 05-16-2014, 06:07 AM
Master Fan

The Mer half sister is pretty upsetting because it means we didn't have a net loss as to the total size of the cast.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

OMG ! i am still cryin.. MERTINA
Old 05-16-2014, 06:31 AM
Loyal Fan

It feels half baked though...she knew about Ellis, but seems not curious about Meredith? I guess if you researched about a person you're bound to know even a little about the family...or we're supposed to assume they haven't met, she haven't been introduced to the board yet?

Last edited by pink_duchess; 05-16-2014 at 07:15 AM
Old 05-16-2014, 06:44 AM
Master Fan

I was really looking forward to more from this episode. It was good, but I thought the episode with Burke was better. I am so glad Shonda didn't kill Cristina off. I loved how she came back to Meredith and they danced it out!!! They really are each other's person. I did cry and am going to miss Cristina. So happy that Cristina gave Alex her shares. She knows that he belongs at the hospital instead of that office. I feel so sorry for Bailey though. She is going to be so disappointed. So glad Meredith stood up to Derek. He really is a jerk when it comes to his career being front and center. WOW WOW WOW.....Richard had a daughter with Ellis Grey??!!!!!! Obviously she hid it from him and never put his name on the birth certificate. OMG, what a great twist

Old 05-16-2014, 07:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelexipedia (View Post)
I think it's okay, though, because Meredith is NEVER going to open up the way she did to Lexie. Like, never. Especially with Cristina gone.

I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, then all at once.

-Nya
Old 05-16-2014, 07:31 AM
Master Fan

The episode didn't leave me pissed off, so that's a good thing I guess. I was expecting to be so pissed off that I wouldn't be able to stand looking at anything Grey's related for weeks. I was more than satisfied with Cristina's exit. I also thoroughly enjoyed MerDer's fight - it was coming!

I'm also intrigued by the Bailey/Alex situation. Richard had no right to promise Bailey a seat without consulting the rest of the board first. I personally think Meredith and Arizona will for sure back Alex. I don't know about Callie and Derek, but Cristina wanted her seat to go to Alex, so it only seems right that it will. So, again, Bailey will got the short stick, which will probably lead to more whiny, jealous Bailey scenes next season. I really can't stand her at this point, so I do hope Alex gets the seat - he deserves it.

My first reaction to the sister storyline: You HAVE to be kidding. It's been done, and it's so soapy: a Richard and Ellis love child. It would have been better if it were Jackson, and I don't think he and Mer are really that close in age. It's implied Mer went back to med school after going to Europe. She and Cristina have always been older than the rest of their class, so she and Jackson could easily be about five years apart which would make him the perfect candidate for a Richard/Ellis love child that the Averys adopted. That storyline would have been so much more compelling than this one. As it's been said, this actress is terrible casting for a Richard/Ellis child. She does look more like Adele than Ellis!

Needless to say, I'm glad she's tied to Meredith, so maybe Meredith will regain focus next year. I do think she's there moreso to stir up drama with Richard than Meredith, but she'll stir drama with Meredith too, I'm sure, especially since Meredith is already battling so much.

I loved the Amelia/Stephanie scene. I know say I'm not a fan of Stephanie because I don't see her purpose. She really doesn't have much of a storyline, but if she were to bond with Amelia - even just professionally - I could warm up to her.

It doesn't look like Amelia is going anywhere either from the last episode, though she seemed eager for big brother to get out of her steps. I don't think she should be complaining about being in his shadow, though, because she chose to follow his specialty and she chose to work at the same hospital as him (which I'm totally not against). In 10x23, it was implied Amelia seemed eager to bond with family, but in 10x24 she looks like she wants them out. So she probably won't be too happy now that Mer is suggesting they stay. Though, I'm assuming she's already broken it off with James, so I can't see her going back to LA either any time soon. Although, I can easily see Derek moving to/traveling often to DC next season, and Meredith staying in Seattle. The question is: What about the kids? I could seeing them arguing about that too. Derek might want to take the kids to DC with him at some point.

I guess we'll just have to wait to see what next year's cast looks like. I believe they announced the interns would be promoted in June of next year, so maybe we'll find out in about a month if there will be new regulars. At least Amelia and Mer's half-sister (whose name I can't remember, so that's already telling how much I care about her) are tied to current cast members, which is a smart move. I really don't want the half-sister to stay around. Maybe she stays for a few episodes then realizes that Seattle is crazy and she needs to leave.