Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2014, 06:03 AM
Master Fan

I never suggested either of them are good. I said they are both ill-fitted for the board. Deep down both of them are good people but look at what Alex did to Shane and Arizona an episode or two before the finale. I am certain that influenced Shane's decision to leave with Cristina. It was something Alex was always going to lord over his head when he wanted to get something out of him. All I am saying is they are both capable of thinking primarily about themselves. That's great but we have to see they can also work as part of a team and for the hospital too.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

In all fairness, are any of the current board members fit for the board. Hell, three of them rebounded on their students last season. They are all flawed and immature at times. Derek and Meredith, from the surface (and I say this with a grain of salt) are the most "sane" of the bunch. Sure, they have their moments too, but at least they didn't let their problems affect their work environment unlike other doctors this year. (Not that they haven't in the past and won't in the future).
Old 05-26-2014, 07:20 PM
Master Fan

I know. None of them are as I stated earlier. The others happened to just come across money. But my point was, do they need another unfit member on the board? What might be more interesting is a non-doctor board member to create some tension between the doctors and those looking at it from a cost/benefit analysis. Though I guess that would require them to hire another cast member which I doubt any of us want at this point.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I never suggested either of them are good. I said they are both ill-fitted for the board. Deep down both of them are good people but look at what Alex did to Shane and Arizona an episode or two before the finale. I am certain that influenced Shane's decision to leave with Cristina. It was something Alex was always going to lord over his head when he wanted to get something out of him. All I am saying is they are both capable of thinking primarily about themselves. That's great but we have to see they can also work as part of a team and for the hospital too.
that is what I was trying to get at.....I think Alex is much better for the job than Bailey because he can work in a team. Bailey has shown over and over that she can't work in a team, she works better a lone unless it is with Richard. If Bailey becomes a member of the board you know that Richard will get his hands into and that won't be good for anybody (like I said, I love him but he needs to go.....his time was up a long LONG time ago). Alex has worked with numerous people and has shown stability when it comes to teamwork.

I agree that no one that is one the board should be on the board, but that is how the show took it and that is what we have to go with. I'm just stating that, if it has to be, I would want Alex more than Bailey. I mean, I love Bailey, I do. If this was a few seasons ago, I would totally say she should do it.....but now, no.

Who knows....they might put the new heart surgeon (I can't remember her name at the moment....just know her as Meredith's sister. ) on the board since she is new and won't have any biased views.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes Alex has always been a team player and Bailey is not. I can see Alex not breakdown after epp as well if he is faced with hard decisions
Old 05-27-2014, 10:42 AM
Master Fan

It's a TV show, so it doesn't really matter if the board members are "fit" to be on the board. Them not being perfectly "fit" is what makes it dramatic.

I definitely agree, though, Bailey is by no means a team player. Alex can be.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:06 PM
Master Fan

I don't think it makes it more dramatic. I think we can all agree that the board is one of the weakest parts of the show right now. Among other things, lol. I just think the show would improve in quality with more realistic presentation of storylines.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I don't think it makes it more dramatic. I think we can all agree that the board is one of the weakest parts of the show right now. Among other things, lol. I just think the show would improve in quality with more realistic presentation of storylines.
hate to point it out to you, but all the storylines run into each other and if they started to write realistically now, it would just be horrible. If they wanted to change it to sound realistic they would have to re write the whole show, major MAJOR rewrite.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:01 PM
Master Fan

It's fiction, so of course it's not always going to be realistic. There are times we just have to extend our disbelief. That's the whole purpose behind fiction. Yes, an element of realism is nice. I'm all for realism, but there's a fine line and personally I like the board storyline. I may be the minority here, but I think it's interesting that the doctors are running the hospital. Now, I realize that isn't realistic and it most likely wouldn't happen in real life.

Frankly, though, the boards of many organizations aren't composed of the most "sane" of people. I can't say all the people on the board of my organization are completely sane, but our board is independent from the organization itself and there's a reason for that, to bring a new perspective on decisions. It's really not a wise move to have a board of directors composed of the people who work in the organization anyway. It's not realistic, but you know what, I like it anyway. I like seeing Meredith, Derek, Callie, Arizona, and Jackson in board meetings together, frankly. And I'm all for more drama on the board to stir things up - which Alex and Bailey can both provide. It's a drama, so no, it doesn't have to be realistic always.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalaBridget (View Post)
Yes Alex has always been a team player and Bailey is not. I can see Alex not breakdown after epp as well if he is faced with hard decisions

Yes, the Bailey of the early seasons would've made a perfect board member. Such a shame they had to ruin her character.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:30 AM
Master Fan

Bailey in S1-8 would've been a great board member. I don't think there'd be any debate if Bailey was the same Bailey she was a few years ago.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

maggie and amelia MEHHHHH. more useless characters, oh joy. though amelia may grow on me, we'll see. the maggie actress isn't bad but idk how i feel about that storyline. i am glad they are bringing it up though.

i love that Shane wanted to go with Christina. That was really cute. i love the actor but his character didnt have a lot to do. Christina leaving was sad but it felt fitting for the character. not everyone can stay at the hospital. the final scene was great. sucks she didnt get a final goodbye with owen but the looks at the hospital were cute.

the dancing scene was freaking adorable and a great way to end it for those two characters. such a great moment. "where does the good go" is such a great song and its great not having a cover for once. i missed music on this show!

i hate the derek and Meredith drama but good for meredith standing up for herself.

i have to say though, for the first time in a while i really enjoyed an episode!
Old 12-27-2016, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

hahah I hope they dance it out again