Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearty26 (View Post)
That's true, Mariana ...

[...]... I can't imagine a break up during these last episodes ...

Yeah me neither.

Quote:
and making Rory a carreer woman, would make her the Lorelai we have now.. The independent one as Emily put it.. and even Lorelai wasn't totally happy with that, at least IMO when you saw that scene. A carreer alone doesn't make you happy.
Exactly I think ti doesn't make you happy, as much as I like Lorelai's character that's definetely not the way I want rory to end up.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:45 AM
Master Fan

Sorry, Karen ... I haven't think about spoilers ... please forgive me
Old 02-26-2007, 02:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

You are forgiven Conny!

Quote:
Exactly I think ti doesn't make you happy, as much as I like Lorelai's character that's definetely not the way I want rory to end up.
Even Lorelai isn't happy with a carreer alone.. so I don't think Rory will be happy with it either.

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 02-26-2007, 08:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinystar (View Post)
You are forgiven Conny!

Even Lorelai isn't happy with a carreer alone.. so I don't think Rory will be happy with it either.
I agree Karen! Rory loves Logan and has gotten used to him being in her life.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't I would be able to give up somebody you love, for a carreer... I get that a carreer is important, but you can totally balance those two things..

Old 02-26-2007, 09:14 AM
Extreme Fan

Yes you can. "Shira" made it a big deal that Rory was going to have a career and since she was she couldn't be a "proper" society wife. I don't think Logan would want a "society" wife to be honest. Rory isn't Emily.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Extreme Fan

that's such a beautiful banner karen!
Old 02-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you Dani!

Quote:
I don't think Logan would want a "society" wife to be honest
I think that was made pretty clear when he wasn't interested in that Fallon girl.. And he hates the society world in general, so the 'trophy' wife was never an option IMO for Logan.

Old 02-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Even Lorelai isn't happy with a carreer alone.. so I don't think Rory will be happy with it either
yeah She didn't seem happy on the last episode, but I think that's a great difference btw Lorelai and Rory, I think Rory does know how important is to have someone by her side, she's seen what's like to be alone like Lorelai.

Quote:
I don't I would be able to give up somebody you love, for a carreer... I get that a carreer is important, but you can totally balance those two things..
I'm very feminist but I don't think I'd give up love for a career, it just wouldn't make sense, you can work and be succesful wherever you want, but love is not something you'll find that easily, somethin like Rory and Logan have it's not something that can be throw away just becuase of a career, I think it's a great deal to be succesful but it's also important to remember that most peole who try to be the best in their field sometimes end up alone, without no one to share their happiness with, without someone they can talk if theyhad a bad day. Without someone to support them, I think women are great at balancing those things, and it's really denigrating for some people to say we have to chose and that we can't have both.

Quote:
Yes you can. "Shira" made it a big deal that Rory was going to have a career and since she was she couldn't be a "proper" society wife. I don't think Logan would want a "society" wife to be honest. Rory isn't Emily.
Well I think she's not Emily and she's not Lorelai either, she's like a mix. She can do both things and I think that's great. She can have it all. She can have Logan! lol

Quote:
I think that was made pretty clear when he wasn't interested in that Fallon girl.. And he hates the society world in general, so the 'trophy' wife was never an option IMO for Logan.
I think you're right he definetely doesn't want a Trophy wife, he's very supportive of her goals, and what she wants to achieve, it's important to him that she's happy with everything she does, and that it's incredible sweet, I think he's the kinda guy who wants her to do whatever makes her happy.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think Logan wants a woman that can be his intelectual equal, someone that can keep his interest in something more than only the physical part.

I beleive it was very difficult for him to commit to someone since he always was getting bored of the girls he dated, when he really needed someone to talk with and who can give him the love that he never received at his home. The only thing is that he wasn't concious of this need, till he found Rory.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:21 AM
Master Fan

Logan wasn't happy when Rory took her time off ... she started to morphe into this society girls and he disliked it very much ...

I couldn't give up such a love because of my career ... what brings all success when at the end of the day nobody is there waiting for you ... wow, successful but alone ... what amazing life

Last edited by hearty26; 02-27-2007 at 01:28 AM
Old 02-27-2007, 04:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
but I don't think I'd give up love for a career, it just wouldn't make sense, you can work and be succesful wherever you want, but love is not something you'll find that easily, somethin like Rory and Logan have it's not something that can be throw away just becuase of a career, I think it's a great deal to be succesful but it's also important to remember that most peole who try to be the best in their field sometimes end up alone, without no one to share their happiness with, without someone they can talk if theyhad a bad day. Without someone to support them, I think women are great at balancing those things, and it's really denigrating for some people to say we have to chose and that we can't have both.
Really well put! Couldn't agree more!

Quote:
I think you're right he definetely doesn't want a Trophy wife, he's very supportive of her goals, and what she wants to achieve, it's important to him that she's happy with everything she does, and that it's incredible sweet, I think he's the kinda guy who wants her to do whatever makes her happy.
Once again I agree.

Quote:
I think Logan wants a woman that can be his intelectual equal, someone that can keep his interest in something more than only the physical part.
Exactly! Someone who won't hold back in an argument or banter.. I think that's important.

Quote:
Logan wasn't happy when Rory took her time off ... she started to morphe into this society girls and he disliked it very much ...
Yeah I think at that point he kind of saw how Rory changed, when she was in that world. Outside of that world, when she was with him, she was different. But at those parties, she was the perfect society girl.
And then again, at that point he already knew how much she cared about school and achieving something. Logan knew that from day 1.

Quote:
I couldn't give up such a love because of my career ... what brings all success when at the end of the day nobody is there waiting for you ... wow, successful but alone ... what amazing life
Exactly! I don't think I could do that either.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I know it was obvious, but he didn't push her and that was so sweet! He knew she'd be back to Yale, but he didn't push her into it. He knew it was her decision to make, and he stayed with her and was really supportive.

Quote:
I know I wouldn't do it either, it just I heard something about the only things that give life sense, are Love and Death, and it's actually truth, being successfull doesn't mean you're happy. Neither being in love but at least when you're love in returned you have someone who can be there when you're feeling down.

*I'm such a romantic! *

Quote:
Really well put! Couldn't agree more!

Once again I agree.
Thank you !

Quote:
Yeah I think at that point he kind of saw how Rory changed, when she was in that world. Outside of that world, when she was with him, she was different. But at those parties, she was the perfect society girl.
And then again, at that point he already knew how much she cared about school and achieving something. Logan knew that from day 1.
yeah he knew how important school was for her, I really love how he's always tried to make sure she's happy with whatever she's doing. it's amazing! I want a Logan!
Old 02-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I know I wouldn't do it either, it just I heard something about the only things that give life sense, are Love and Death, and it's actually truth, being successfull doesn't mean you're happy. Neither being in love but at least when you're love in returned you have someone who can be there when you're feeling down.

*I'm such a romantic! *
I'm a hopeless romantic myself as well.. I often get eye rolls when I say 'But it will be okay ' or when I just awww at something really cute

I think Logan has always been supportive of what Rory has done in her life, no matter how long they have dated. And she has supported him back.. It's a very supportive relationship and you need that

Old 02-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinystar (View Post)
I'm a hopeless romantic myself as well.. I often get eye rolls when I say 'But it will be okay ' or when I just awww at something really cute

I think Logan has always been supportive of what Rory has done in her life, no matter how long they have dated. And she has supported him back.. It's a very supportive relationship and you need that
I know...I rolleyes all the time. and get the awww, like that lol. I'm also emotional so I'm on the edge of tears sometimes lol.

Yeah he's always been really supportive, even when they were not dating during the Dean break-up he was so cute!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread