Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2007, 12:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyBlueGirl7 (View Post)
I certainly hope they continue on this path. I think we've seen that the distance between the two, whether it's because he's in London or New York, can strain the relationship, but they put a lot of work into making the relationship successful. Rory regularly woke up at 2AM so she could talk to Logan and took a risk in with the texting, while Logan planned their winter vacation together and surprised her twice with visits.

I also love that despite the distance, we've seen how supportive they can be of each other. Obviously Rory knows a lot about what's going on with his business, probably from their calls, and she's taken an interest in it and cares about his success. Logan has sent her cute gifts (the rocket, final semester package) and flew in to be with her when Richard collapsed.

This is the healthiest relationship (for unmarried couples) on the show. We've seen real growth in the two as individuals as a result of the relationship and from their other activities, as well as their growth as a couple. I still don't know how I feel about the two becoming engaged at the end of the show (assuming it's this season), but I wouldn't object.
You're exactly right. Although Rory is less on the romantic side, she certainly knows how to use her words. And she's so supportive of him, as he is of her. I love how they balance each other out, since the beginning. Logan would buy her extravagant gifts and Rory was able to tell Logan she loved him. She used words; he used actions. But as their relationship progressed, the two of them were able to intertwine their habits and we're seeing Rory shift toward actions and Logan shift toward words (although they will always have those differences). I can't wait to see what's in store for them. I know that if there is a break-up, then I won't be upset with the character, but rather, the writers, because it would be completely OOC and such a kick in the stomach to us and even RL.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I know that if there is a break-up, then I won't be upset with the character, but rather, the writers, because it would be completely OOC
well I'd have to see what the break up would be about to be honest, but I wouldn't call it OOC, since it's not really out of character. It would be a bad storyline I think.

Quote:
She used words; he used actions. But as their relationship progressed, the two of them were able to intertwine their habits and we're seeing Rory shift toward actions and Logan shift toward words (although they will always have those differences).
Well put!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 02-18-2007, 03:17 PM
Addicted Fan

I meant that it would be OOC if Rory and Logan broke-up based on an inability or rather, refusal, to work things out.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Silence (View Post)
Logan would buy her extravagant gifts and Rory was able to tell Logan she loved him.
She definitely learned what those gifts meant -- that Logan loves her.

Quote:
She used words; he used actions. But as their relationship progressed, the two of them were able to intertwine their habits and we're seeing Rory shift toward actions and Logan shift toward words (although they will always have those differences).
This is a really interesting way of putting the way they express their feelings for each other, and I completely agree.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:29 AM
Addicted Fan

I loved that he distinguished his feeling for her from the non-substance feelings he had for girls before her when she told him she loved him. He said he threw around the terminology for kicks, and that he wouldn't do that to Rory. I felt that when he told Rory he loved her, it held much more meaning that I felt she was even able to understand. It was huge enough that his entire family was on ends that he even called Rory his GIRLFRIEND. Now he's telling her he loves her -- that he's IN love with her? Frankly, if he were a real person, I'd fight Rory to the death for him.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I felt that when he told Rory he loved her, it held much more meaning that I felt she was even able to understand. It was huge enough that his entire family was on ends that he even called Rory his GIRLFRIEND. Now he's telling her he loves her -- that he's IN love with her? Frankly, if he were a real person, I'd fight Rory to the death for him.
You're telling me he's not real?! Crush my world will you

But yes, I'd fight Rory for him.. No doubt in my mind!!

Old 02-20-2007, 05:43 PM
Elite Fan

I really love how they've managed their relationship, they have fought for what they have, despite family, distance and circumstances, they have sticked together, it takes a lot to keep the kinda relationship they have, it's really amazing how they have grown together.

I really like the fact that their communication is so great now, they are very supportive of each other, I think what I like the most about them as a couple is the fact that I don't think they are afraid the other one sees them in their weakest, I think that's something not all couples have especially in the show, I really love that. Hes someone she can totally rely on, and viceversa, there's no judging from the other I think that was what hurt Logan when Rory wrote the article, but then he understood, it's really great.

I love how they don't say this full-mouth speeches about how much in love they are but they still say something, I love how they don't have those extravagant gestures, but they have this amazing gestures like the kit and the love rocket. I love how they can bring out the best in each other, how she's willing to take risks now, how he's more responsible, I love them in general, I love that they dont have to be all over each other every episode but when they kiss it really makes me sigh endlessly.

I love the fact that he didnt say I Love You when she said it, cause by not saying it for me it felt like he was actually showing her that he did, and how much she meant to him.

I would definetely more t han happy ecstatic, if they get engaged, but for now I just want them to stay together, they are really meant to be, and they are amazing, it would be totally wrong and stupid for the writers to break them up. They have already pissed of the LL fans, it would be more than absurd for them to want to piss us now...we'll go to kick their asses. DR be afraid very afraid.

TLSA! is coming after you!

I'd fight for him too, . There's no way rory can get someone better than Logan.

Sorry for the rant!
Old 02-21-2007, 01:48 AM
Master Fan

I like your rant, mariana ... it was nice and totally true

I can agree with everything you wrote ...

I loved the mention of the TLSA ... DR ... get yourself some warm clothes ... we will come when you disappoint us ...
Old 02-21-2007, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Like Conny I have to say that your rant is really nice Mariana!!

Quote:
we will come when you disappoint us
Be prepared if you want to mess with us

Old 02-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearty26 (View Post)
I like your rant, mariana ... it was nice and totally true

I can agree with everything you wrote ...

I loved the mention of the TLSA ... DR ... get yourself some warm clothes ... we will come when you disappoint us ...
Thank you, Thank you! I try not to rant that often lol.
DR better gets a cave underground, cause there'll be no place for him to hide if he messes with us.

TLSA!

Quote:
Like Conny I have to say that your rant is really nice Mariana!!
Be prepared if you want to mess with us
Thank you! Last night ep had me sighing endlessly it was really sweet!
Old 02-23-2007, 02:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Last night's episode was fantastic.. I do hope Logan will tell Rory soon though, but it was sweet of him for not trying to ruin her plans..

I loved the fact that they went ice skating Supercute!

Old 02-23-2007, 08:09 AM
Extreme Fan

awww i know, it would have been nice to get some scenes of them ice skating or playing the games that rory had set up lol.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

After what Mariana said there are no more words to describe how wonderfull is this couple.

I agree that it will be very predictable and OOC if they break up, when there can be more interesting and creative SL with them together facing the business world.

But if the writers had not so much imagination then they probably will bring a break up, but in this case they have to remember (or watch) past episodes when Rory began her Yale life and was alone and how boring were those episodes.

Many people is justifying a break up based in the fact that she needs to find her place in the business world alone, but I personally don't think this is necessary what happens to ordinary people.

People can end college single, with a boyfriend, engaged or even married, and that doesn't means thay can have a professional life outside of their relationship.

There can be more interesting SL if you mix many situations to deal with such as Rory looking for a work and dealing with it , while Logan also works hard for his dreams. They can support each other, they can face tension and if they finally succeed then they can be ready to have a family of their own.

Even if the plan is to, break them up, and then bring back Logan after succeeding in his business, they will have to see both having paralel SL the same that L/L this season that made viewers say how boring were the episodes.

So I think that the writers will need to deal with great questions before their next moves.

I personally have never seen so much time invested in any other Rory's relationship to show how this couple is growing together, so for me a definitive break up is out of discussion, otherwise the writers haven't it clear what had they been doing all this time.

Last edited by funnyfriend; 02-23-2007 at 08:24 AM
Old 02-23-2007, 09:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Many people is justifying a break up based in the fact that she needs to find her place in the business world alone, but I personally don't think this is necessary what happens to ordinary people.

People can end college single, with a boyfriend, engaged or even married, and that doesn't means thay can have a professional life outside of their relationship.
That's totally right ... why ending up alone only to find out where to go in life ... that's also possible with a partner at your side who support you, stand by you and cheer you up when things don't go like we wish they should ... Logan can be this support and he would be the last standing in Rorys way ...
Old 02-23-2007, 09:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Forgive me but what is TLSA?