Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2007, 11:37 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Sophia!

I agree that there is a definite difference between LL and RL. I think we've seen that over the years. LL have horrid communication, and RL have matured over the last two or so years to a point in their relationship where they are able to discuss their issues. Sure, it's all right to blow off steam in a not-so-mature way every now and then -- but LL could have been married by now had Luke told her about April from the get-go and Lorelai not turned to Chris for sex.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I do not think that they are too serios ... they are grown up, it's a adult relationship ... it would be a shame when everything is hilarious to them ... (I hope you know what I mean)
Exactly it can't all be fun...

Quote:
As serious as Lorelai was with either Luke or Chris, it was never really like Rory and Logan's relationship. Though I do think that this season Lorelai is more involved in a relationship, or at least will fight a bit more for it. She's less passive, because last season she was totally not fighting for her relationship if you ask me.
Well I think Lorelai hasn't really open up to Chris nor Luke. She's trying a little bit more th is season that's for sure.

Quote:
And Rory and Logan have always fought for their relationship, and sometimes you have to do that I think. It can't all be about sunshine and what not.
I really enjoy that, I mean they are obviously aware of what they have, and its amazing how they have fought to be together.

Well they definetely talk and it's really great, it's not like they don't trust each other, their communication is great, they are supportive, she can rely on him, I think it's really important they can be the rock to one another, when one of them is feeling down the other is there to catch them when they fall, something I don't think LL ever had, of course he was there for her but it just wasn't the same kinda of understanding between them.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Exactly ... you understood perfectly what I meant
It's a gift I'm a mind reader

Quote:
what is more important: they talked and talk about their problems
Definitely, and that's also something they majorly improved this episode.. Struggling in the first few episodes on how to communicate best, which was endearing to see, and slowly seeing how their communication level got better.. London was definitely good for that!

Quote:
Lorelai said in the last episode that Luke wasn't communicative
He wasn't the only one, Lorelai didn't really speak up for herself either.

Quote:
(I still hope that wasn't a recurrent role )
You and me both.

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 02-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Your thoughts about our couple to this day?! Are they too serious or not?!
I don't think they are to serious but I had a time as i didn't find them as interesting as they are. Actually I haven't a reason for that but to me personally there was something missing between them in the episodes before the hiatus.

But I liked the last episodes and I really do think that they bleong to each other.
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 02-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Actually I haven't a reason for that but to me personally there was something missing between them in the episodes before the hiatus.
I know what you mean.. There was something missing post 7.05, I think they became a bit too serious at that point, with less banter, but they brought that back in 7.13 and continued that so I'm glad with that..

Old 02-17-2007, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
I think they became a bit too serious at that point, with less banter,
That's exactly what I thought But 13 showed me why I adore them since two years.
I hope DSR will construct of there relationship in 13 and we finally get a real storyline over more than one episode.
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 02-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Extreme Fan

i agree jess, we've been getting really short storylines for them this season that only span one episode, so hopefully that changes soon.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Yes, Rory and Logan HAVE both FOUGHT for their relationship. That's the difference. In Lorelai's history, it's either HER begging for the guy, or the guy begging for her. But in RL's case, it's a mutual thing. Yes, in the beginning, Logan did have to step it up, especially during their first "break-up." But after that, they came to a mutual understanding, especially after the bridesmaids debacle. They learned that you CAN'T put love on hold, and you have to keep nuturing it -- hence, the texts and the rocket and the visits.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Silence (View Post)
Yes, Rory and Logan HAVE both FOUGHT for their relationship. That's the difference. In Lorelai's history, it's either HER begging for the guy, or the guy begging for her. But in RL's case, it's a mutual thing. Yes, in the beginning, Logan did have to step it up, especially during their first "break-up." But after that, they came to a mutual understanding, especially after the bridesmaids debacle. They learned that you CAN'T put love on hold, and you have to keep nuturing it -- hence, the texts and the rocket and the visits.
I love how you wrote it! it's all true! good job!
Old 02-17-2007, 09:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I agree that there is a definite difference between LL and RL. I think we've seen that over the years. LL have horrid communication, and RL have matured over the last two or so years to a point in their relationship where they are able to discuss their issues. Sure, it's all right to blow off steam in a not-so-mature way every now and then -- but LL could have been married by now had Luke told her about April from the get-go and Lorelai not turned to Chris for sex.
I agree. Rory and Logan used to have poor communication, but they've learned from their mistakes caused by lack of communication and begun to let each other know what's bothering them or potential problems. If there is a communication problem, such as the Marty incident, they haven't let it ruin their relationship. Instead, they discuss the issue (even if we never get to see some of those discussions...) and work it out. They've just grown SO much over the last several months.

Quote:
I think they became a bit too serious at that point
Some of that may be attributed to the distance really catching up to them. Prior to the hiatus, they still saw each other rarely, and I guess the distance can cause some strain on the relationship. I don't know. I'm just coming up with an excuse, heh.

I loved their scenes before the hiatus, but I do find them more enjoyable now. There's more of what we loved about them with the bantering and the two supporting each other.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Some of that may be attributed to the distance really catching up to them. Prior to the hiatus, they still saw each other rarely, and I guess the distance can cause some strain on the relationship. I don't know. I'm just coming up with an excuse, heh.
I'm totaly buying it.. It mskes sense

Quote:
Well put!

Old 02-17-2007, 10:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
They learned that you CAN'T put love on hold, and you have to keep nuturing it -- hence, the texts and the rocket and the visits.
I didn't comment on this before, but I completely agree. This is so true. It's why they were able to make a (very) long-distance relationship work, something many couples can't do. Relationships aren't easy; they require work.

Yeah... you pretty much put it perfectly.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyBlueGirl7 (View Post)
I didn't comment on this before, but I completely agree. This is so true. It's why they were able to make a (very) long-distance relationship work, something many couples can't do. Relationships aren't easy; they require work.

Yeah... you pretty much put it perfectly.
Haha. Thanks. But it's totally true, and thank you for agreeing. I hate when couples, in both real life and on TV, expect their significant other to wait a lifetime for them. As beautiful as it sounds, unless the other person wants to live a life of total unhappiness, it's NOT realistic and most likely will not happen. Rory and Logan nurtured their relationship while he was overseas in London and they were able to maintain it. Between the rocket and the texts and 7.05, Logan and Rory came together beautifully with the mutual understanding that it takes a ****load to keep a long distance relationship from kicking the bucket. And I love them for it. Hopefully the writers will continue on with this path of maturity and maybe even have them take the biggest step of them all . . . ?
Old 02-18-2007, 12:30 AM
Elite Fan

I certainly hope they continue on this path. I think we've seen that the distance between the two, whether it's because he's in London or New York, can strain the relationship, but they put a lot of work into making the relationship successful. Rory regularly woke up at 2AM so she could talk to Logan and took a risk in with the texting, while Logan planned their winter vacation together and surprised her twice with visits.

I also love that despite the distance, we've seen how supportive they can be of each other. Obviously Rory knows a lot about what's going on with his business, probably from their calls, and she's taken an interest in it and cares about his success. Logan has sent her cute gifts (the rocket, final semester package) and flew in to be with her when Richard collapsed.

This is the healthiest relationship (for unmarried couples) on the show. We've seen real growth in the two as individuals as a result of the relationship and from their other activities, as well as their growth as a couple. I still don't know how I feel about the two becoming engaged at the end of the show (assuming it's this season), but I wouldn't object.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
This is the healthiest relationship (for unmarried couples) on the show. We've seen real growth in the two as individuals as a result of the relationship and from their other activities, as well as their growth as a couple. I still don't know how I feel about the two becoming engaged at the end of the show (assuming it's this season), but I wouldn't object.
Definitely, they have a really healthy and normal relationship, and that's what I love about them!

I certainly wouldn't object to an engagement.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread