Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 10-27-2022, 02:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It does, but that doesn't surprise me sadly
Old 10-27-2022, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

And also I'm sure witnessing the impact of that stress and pressure being put on her. Instead of helping her with it, they actively contributed to it.
Old 10-27-2022, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junk_Yard_**** (View Post)
And also I'm sure witnessing the impact of that stress and pressure being put on her. Instead of helping her with it, they actively contributed to it.
While it's possible Nuala at some point did intercede to try and get her out of the show, protective parents likely would have pushed harder in S2 from the sound of things. Granted, it's not easy to get out of a contract, but it has been done, and given that Mischa was a minor when she started, that gives them more clout. But Mischa was the gravy train and she was getting endorsements left and right, which is where the real $$$$ is.

Also, I would have interceded as a parent when it became obvious Brandon was getting Mischa into drugs.
Old 10-28-2022, 01:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junk_Yard_**** (View Post)
Exactly
Old 10-28-2022, 01:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
While it's possible Nuala at some point did intercede to try and get her out of the show, protective parents likely would have pushed harder in S2 from the sound of things. Granted, it's not easy to get out of a contract, but it has been done, and given that Mischa was a minor when she started, that gives them more clout. But Mischa was the gravy train and she was getting endorsements left and right, which is where the real $$$$ is.

Also, I would have interceded as a parent when it became obvious Brandon was getting Mischa into drugs.
Honestly, I even have my doubts whether parents who actually have their children's best interests at heart, should allow a minor to audition for a role such as Marissa Cooper. At least, not when Mischa was so young and clearly a sensitive teenager. Nuala would have had a better idea what she was getting her into and should have protected her more.

I've always wondered why Nuala let her continue dating Brandon, even just from an image perspective, not sure it was doing Mischa any favours when he was clearly so intoxicated at events. Was her drug use was known publicly at the time? I just remember how messy he always looked.
Old 10-28-2022, 02:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

Reading the last sentence of that, this picture, from 2004, immediately comes to mind.

http://bartonfrance.free.fr/photos/a.../normal_12.jpg
Old 10-28-2022, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I think it was fairly widely known that they were using cocaine, and had done so at clubs, etc. Whether it was verified, I can't remember. I just remember TWoP being merciless instead of concerned about a young girl :/
Old 10-28-2022, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No surprise there sadly
Old 10-29-2022, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

She was a teenager and most TWoP posters…were not. It was disturbing.
Old 10-30-2022, 02:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It really was
Old 10-30-2022, 05:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisR1 (View Post)
Reading the last sentence of that, this picture, from 2004, immediately comes to mind.

http://bartonfrance.free.fr/photos/a.../normal_12.jpg
Ah, I remember this photo! Whenever Brandon is mentioned, I instantly think of him smoking when in the ocean and coughing up his lungs poolside. There's also a photo of him with Mischa and Nuala, where he is so clearly drunk, he can barely stand up at some fancy event. I don't know how Nuala put up with him at all, the only thing I can think of was perhaps his connections? I think his grandfather had owned Fox at one point? Otherwise I am struggling to understand why Nuala didn't intervene. I think they had only been together a year or so but honestly it felt like so much longer.

TWoP were ruthless to Mischa, and so-called intellectual, mature adults should have known better to mercilessly mock a teenager. They showed no concern at all and really relished in her struggles.
Old 10-30-2022, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Mocking a teenage girl with an obviously dangerous and toxic boyfriend, when said girl seems to be spiraling into a drug habit, is really gross and they were old enough to know better.
Old 10-30-2022, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Just pathetic too
Old 10-31-2022, 01:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Mocking a teenage girl with an obviously dangerous and toxic boyfriend, when said girl seems to be spiraling into a drug habit, is really gross and they were old enough to know better.
Yes, and I think the dangerous part is overlooked too - he is known for violent outbursts.

Honestly, I think a lot of their hatred came from envy. She was young, talented, beautiful, successful and had a wealthy boyfriend. She could do no right in their eyes and the hate was extremely personal - you would think she personally slighted them daily with how they went on.

I think anyone that bullied Mischa on TWoP (and in a similar vein, could not empathize with all the trauma Marissa had to endure) was probably missing a sensitivity chip (or many, really).
Old 10-31-2022, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Every once in awhile, a person would try to point out that Mischa was really young, and even that would usually get met with aggravation and dismissal. So it's not that it was NEVER pointed out to them, even.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread