Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 10-14-2022, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Think they suit her well too
Old 10-15-2022, 12:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Recently, I saw a reunion photo on IG of the people who hosted the infamous Memorial Day party years ago. Mischa was among them in the 'past' photo.

In the more recent anniversary photo right below that one, the same people were in it, except Mischa, who was nowhere to be seen.......

What exactly happened at that party, as the reason given for Mischa's illness at it was a reaction with Bronchitis medication? Did Mischa overdose on something there, and did Richie actually leave her to die from it?! If she did, Mischa's devastation at that must have been beyond belief....
Old 10-15-2022, 02:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisR1 (View Post)
Recently, I saw a reunion photo on IG of the people who hosted the infamous Memorial Day party years ago. Mischa was among them in the 'past' photo.

In the more recent anniversary photo right below that one, the same people were in it, except Mischa, who was nowhere to be seen.......

What exactly happened at that party, as the reason given for Mischa's illness at it was a reaction with Bronchitis medication? Did Mischa overdose on something there, and did Richie actually leave her to die from it?! If she did, Mischa's devastation at that must have been beyond belief....
Yes, Sophie Monk talks about it here:

Sophie Monk Recalls Saving A Hollywood Celebrity Who Nearly Died Of Overdose.

Mischa has understandably distanced herself from Nicole Richie in the years that have followed.

BTW, I think we might be having this very conversation on another website Nice to see you here too, I always enjoy your comments!
Old 10-15-2022, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I am still...in disbelief. Nicole acted like she was really Mischa's friend, to then do - or not do - what she did.
Old 10-15-2022, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junk_Yard_**** (View Post)
Yes, Sophie Monk talks about it here:

Sophie Monk Recalls Saving A Hollywood Celebrity Who Nearly Died Of Overdose.

Mischa has understandably distanced herself from Nicole Richie in the years that have followed.

BTW, I think we might be having this very conversation on another website Nice to see you here too, I always enjoy your comments!
Thanks for the link

Can't blame her for that at all.
Old 10-16-2022, 10:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

More information can be found here:

https://www.popculturediedin2009.com...is-day-in-2007

Mischa's reaction towards Sophie Monk's essentially saving her life afterwards, was a bit unfortunate. Although she probably wasn't aware of what happened until later, when presumably she was told about Nicole Richie's callous abandonment of her.... Shattering the image of friendship with Nicole, which she would have had until that moment.

Why on earth did they leave her in such a humiliating state? Unclothed, and with the shower running?!!

The IG before-and-after photo is here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci-woMYMpCf/

Last edited by KrisR1; 10-16-2022 at 01:14 PM
Old 10-16-2022, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I think Mischa was probably not immediately aware of exactly what had gone down, and this was not in a good period in her relationship with her mother. But I hope she realizes now that Sophie helped her when her supposedly close friend did not.
Old 10-16-2022, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I think Mischa was probably not immediately aware of exactly what had gone down, and this was not in a good period in her relationship with her mother. But I hope she realizes now that Sophie helped her when her supposedly close friend did not.
Hope so too
Old 10-17-2022, 12:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisR1 (View Post)
More information can be found here:

https://www.popculturediedin2009.com...is-day-in-2007

Mischa's reaction towards Sophie Monk's essentially saving her life afterwards, was a bit unfortunate. Although she probably wasn't aware of what happened until later, when presumably she was told about Nicole Richie's callous abandonment of her.... Shattering the image of friendship with Nicole, which she would have had until that moment.

Why on earth did they leave her in such a humiliating state? Unclothed, and with the shower running?!!

The IG before-and-after photo is here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci-woMYMpCf/
Yes, I remember Nicole gave some radio interview at the time and was moreso trying to cover herself than actually make sure her supposed friend (I want to say best friend because I feel that's what they were at the time?) was okay?

The aftermath of the party and its consequences was interesting too because Nicole's PR got ahead and a lot of articles came out about how Mischa was suddenly too wild for Nicole to be around... as opposed to the fact that Nicole left her friend to die and maybe that's why their friendship never recovered?

I find the whole throwback distasteful given all that happened that night TBH.

Also reminds me of that period where Rachel Zoe was styling them both, and I have absolutely no doubt, was a bad influence. Very disappointed to hear an ad for her podcast. She should not have a career anymore.
Old 10-17-2022, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Ugh. Rachel Zoe. I thought she'd faded into oblivion.
Old 10-18-2022, 02:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Still can't wrap my head around certain people still have careers in Hollywood after everything they have done.
Old 10-18-2022, 11:54 AM
Master Fan

I'm very surprised she has a podcast, didn't think she would be a relevant name anymore.

Thank God that era of styling has passed now, though. What an awful time that was. I recall Nicole's split from her but don't recall exactly her and Mischa parted ways.

There was also that time period where walking barefoot was a thing. The early-mid 2000s were something else, lol.
Old 10-18-2022, 02:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Sadly, there seems to be a simple equation in Hollywood.

Anyone's behaviour is tolerated if they are good at bringing in the dollars - unless they make a mistake big enough to threaten that situation.

This is usually through generating bad publicity, which starts to overshadow the current project which they are working-on.

If that happens, the person is ruthlessly disposed of to solve the problem.

Despite his long track record of success as a film/TV creator/director, Joss Whedon was sacked from his then current movie because the bad publicity that he was getting due to his past Buffy/Angel set behaviour was starting to overshadow the movie.

So, to make that problem go away, its producers got rid of him....

Become seen as a liability by the industry, and your career is quickly in trouble. Mischa, sadly, is also a victim of this mindset, due to her tabloid reputation........

It also, very likely, explains Nicole Richie's actions, and those of her PR people, 15 years ago in the aftermath of that party. Mischa was forced to take the fall for Nicole's treatment of her to save Nicole's reputation, and employment opportunities, or they would surely have been wrecked by the news that Nicole Richie had left Mischa Barton to die just to save her own skin. Everyone associated with Nicole would have been impacted, and forced to pick sides, leaving Nicole to sink into disgrace and career oblivion........

This would likely still happen if the truth about that night ever becomes public knowledge on a wide scale. Sadly, Sophie Monk's revelations did not cut through in 2014, maybe because she didn't name Mischa as the person who she saved that night, and Nicole Richie's PR people, if they found out about Sophie's interview, kept quiet to avoid people making the connection with Mischa's hospitalisation.
Old 10-18-2022, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I do think a large part of it was that it was not widely obvious at the time that it was Mischa Sophie was referring to. Which IS a bit sad - it wouldn't have been any better if it had been an obscure friend who wasn't famous. But it's the reality of the situation.
Old 10-19-2022, 02:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junk_Yard_**** (View Post)
I'm very surprised she has a podcast, didn't think she would be a relevant name anymore.

Thank God that era of styling has passed now, though. What an awful time that was. I recall Nicole's split from her but don't recall exactly her and Mischa parted ways.

There was also that time period where walking barefoot was a thing. The early-mid 2000s were something else, lol.
Me neither

Sure was, lol
Closed Thread   Post New Thread