Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 10-20-2022, 12:41 PM
Master Fan

Thankfully Mischa's in a much better place now, and away from those people. I was actually watching The Hills reboot earlier this week - and she mentions surrounding herself with people that she thought were good and turning out that they were "monsters". I also had not realised that after dropping her lawsuit against her mom, they stopped talking for at least 8 months over Mischa not wanting to take care of her parents anymore. That was very upsetting to watch as she got emotional talking about it. I know they have since reconciled, but still appalling behaviour from her parents.

She has had so many people disappoint and betray her. Honestly, it takes a very strong person to get past all of that.
Old 10-21-2022, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

On the one hand, I’m sure Mischa is happy to have reconciled with her family, but man. Some really appalling behavior from her parents.
Old 10-22-2022, 01:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

No doubt about that
Old 10-22-2022, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

It’s disappointing that their daughter was obviously very vulnerable and not connected to the right people while her parents were still using her as a cash cow.
Old 10-22-2022, 01:08 PM
Master Fan

While I'm glad she has reconciled with the, for her own sake. Honestly, she is a lot more forgiving than I would be. It's profoundly disappointing to have been taken advantage of by her parents in that way and to work past that takes a lot of fortitude. She really had no one to turn to - I think she was quoted after one of her breakdowns talking about the massive sense of pressure she felt, and of course, she was supporting not just herself but her parents' lavish lifestyles too. That is a lot for anyone to deal with, let alone when so young.
Old 10-22-2022, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
It’s disappointing that their daughter was obviously very vulnerable and not connected to the right people while her parents were still using her as a cash cow.
It really is
Old 10-23-2022, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I remember that when I first heard that Mischa bought her mother a car with her first OC paycheck, I thought that was sweet, and then when I found out more details about how her parents had treated her, it felt kind of insidious :/
Old 10-23-2022, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Certainly looks that way in hindsight
Old 10-24-2022, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

Yes, and I remember reading that her dad refused to pay for her fees at the Professional Children's School and so she paid for it herself, as a teenager. Particularly within the context that her family had paid for her sister's fees to train as a barrister which is very expensive too; maybe they didn't see Mischa's career being as lucrative initially.

I was reminded of that when reading her dad giving an interview to the Daily Mail during the court case about how Mischa will pay the mortgage and there aren't any issues because Mischa will figure it out. So gross.
Old 10-24-2022, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Yeah, sometimes I think her father bothers me more, because at least there are some notable occasions where Nuala tried to look out for Mischa?
Old 10-25-2022, 02:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junk_Yard_**** (View Post)
Yes, and I remember reading that her dad refused to pay for her fees at the Professional Children's School and so she paid for it herself, as a teenager. Particularly within the context that her family had paid for her sister's fees to train as a barrister which is very expensive too; maybe they didn't see Mischa's career being as lucrative initially.

I was reminded of that when reading her dad giving an interview to the Daily Mail during the court case about how Mischa will pay the mortgage and there aren't any issues because Mischa will figure it out. So gross.
Certainly seems that way

It really was
Old 10-25-2022, 01:06 PM
Master Fan

I agree, Nuala did try and support her at times. Whereas it appears her father quit his job and wanted Mischa to fund his lifestyle. I can't imagine the sense of betrayal either at having your own family speak to the press about such personal matters too.
Old 10-25-2022, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I can’t believe he just quit his job to coast off his young daughter. WTF.
Old 10-26-2022, 03:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yikes, I forgot about that
Old 10-26-2022, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

It kind of sucks that they didn't support her in school, only to coast off her earnings when she did become more successful.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread