Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-10-2007, 12:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by genuinelorelai (View Post)
Right behind Lorelai's "I've only ever loved Luke" confession, that's the other moment I wish LL would share with each other. I think Luke had a lot of doubts about Lorelai's feelings for him post-Partings....but if he could have seen that video, her breakdown w/ Emily & her talk with the therapist, yea. *sigh* Ah, I remember the days before I completely was spoiled and still held out optimism that LL would communicate at some point. Communication was always their fault (not surprising, seeing as they couldn't communicate their love for each other for 8 years!)...it's frustrating that that's something that was an issue to the very end (oh 7.21). I remember when DR said S7 was suppossed to make LL better ready for a relationship and although I was never of the belief that Chris had to be dealt with, fine, he's 100% out of the picture now. But their communication should have been dealt with. I think I need to read some of FB,FW now
ITA 100%, Sarah! I think we are on the same wavelength these days!
Old 11-11-2007, 01:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by genuinelorelai (View Post)
Right behind Lorelai's "I've only ever loved Luke" confession, that's the other moment I wish LL would share with each other. I think Luke had a lot of doubts about Lorelai's feelings for him post-Partings....but if he could have seen that video, her breakdown w/ Emily & her talk with the therapist, yea. *sigh* Ah, I remember the days before I completely was spoiled and still held out optimism that LL would communicate at some point. Communication was always their fault (not surprising, seeing as they couldn't communicate their love for each other for 8 years!)...it's frustrating that that's something that was an issue to the very end (oh 7.21). I remember when DR said S7 was suppossed to make LL better ready for a relationship and although I was never of the belief that Chris had to be dealt with, fine, he's 100% out of the picture now. But their communication should have been dealt with. I think I need to read some of FB,FW now
I think his heart will hurt and fill up with pride and love at the same time after hearing and seeing this.
Luke loved Lorelai all these years and then finally having the woman , it can cause some doubt about her love for him

And about their communication skills, they where fine before they started dating. Lorelai telling him everything about her feelings for Chris, FND's. Luke sharing things about his family, Nicole...
After they stared dating it stopped, especially after their first breakup...

Lorelai didn't make it any easier for him by keeping her mouth shut after the whole April thing, but then again Luke's comment about needing space after their conversation in Doose's in 5.14 wasn't any help either...
Old 11-11-2007, 01:30 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara99 (View Post)
I think his heart will hurt and fill up with pride and love at the same time after hearing and seeing this.
Luke loved Lorelai all these years and then finally having the woman , it can cause some doubt about her love for him

And about their communication skills, they where fine before they started dating. Lorelai telling him everything about her feelings for Chris, FND's. Luke sharing things about his family, Nicole...
After they stared dating it stopped, especially after their first breakup...

Lorelai didn't make it any easier for him by keeping her mouth shut after the whole April thing, but then again Luke's comment about needing space after their conversation in Doose's in 5.14 wasn't any help either...
ITA.

And about the communication thing...it reminds me of the second chapter in FB,FW how they explain their communication issues/fears....that it seems so strange they were so open before they were a couple and after....that's what I love about fanfic, says everything I wish would be said.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:29 PM
SPA
Master Fan

I've read this before, and I think it was in a "Hollywood Reporter" magazine, but here's an article on Hollywood Reporter online from back in 2005 -- oldie, but goodie:

Quote:
In Character - Scott Patterson
Feb 8, 2005

How does Luke differ from Scott?

"Luke is a little remote, a little introspective, a little withdrawn. He's (Frank) Sinatra's song 'My Way'. Scott has some of those same traits but not nearly to the same degree. Luke will kind of pine away in silence and will respect his friendship with Lorelai to the point where it causes him actual psychic pain. Luke covets her, and it eats him alive that it's all gone so slowly. I'm not sure that I would have allowed things to progress at such an unhurried pace. Scott isn't so patient and quiet. My charaacter is probably lots more complex than I am, though maybe I don't give myself enough credit".

How is he similar?

"There is a similar melancholy that surrounds us both. In fact, in many ways I feel that Luke and I are true kindred spirits. Maybe that's why this show has worked out so well and been so special for me - by far the best professional experience of my life. Of course, most of that can probably be traced to the poetic energy and brilliant comedic brain of (creator) Amy Sherman-Palladino".
I'm always in Scott's corner.

Last edited by SPA; 11-16-2007 at 07:45 AM
Old 11-15-2007, 10:25 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for that, SPA! You can never read that enough. Makes me sad as well.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 11-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPA (View Post)
I've read this before, and I think it was in a "Hollywood Reporter" magazine, but here's an article on Hollywood Reporter online from back in 2005 -- oldie, but goodie:
I've read that before ... thanx for posting it ... always fascinating. Random thoughts(!):
"it eats him [Luke] alive that it's all gone so slowly" ... Eats him alive?!! Obv. I love, love (did I say love) Luke. But at least he's fictional. Dunno 'bout you ... it drove me nuts!!!!!!!!!
"Scott isn't so patient and quiet." Oh - to be sure!!!
"My character is probably lots more complex than I am, though maybe I don't give myself enough credit". Again, to be sure! (>both parts of that sentence!!)
"There is a similar melancholy that surrounds us both." If so - Scott keeps it well hidden from public view. In Luke's case -he uses sarcastic humor and rants(!) to mask it. Not convincingly!
~~
ITA - Wish (tons) that Luke had heard Lorelai say he's the only man she's ever loved. (yet another reason I deplore the scene where she told C. she wished he were 'the one' ... even if it was their 'farewell.') Wish he heard how hard it was for her all those months to be excluded from his time with April. Wish she heard just how devastated he was when she told him she slept with C. Probably tied with his father dying for worst moments in Luke's life. It seems as though in every season there are several moments when I'm absolutely sure they're "meant to be" together ... and several super-poignant moments when we know he's longing for her so badly ... from "Love and War and Snow" + "Forgiveness and Stuff" and her engagement party with Max (the tiny brides!!) in S1 ... to the diner crash, seeing her wedding band for the first time, + the karaoke in S7. I too thought the shot of Luke sitting alone amid his devastated diner was symbolic of his life at that moment ... the saddest part being that he sees his life's work turned into rubble and he's just had a fight with his fiancee ... but we know that's nothing compared with the crash he's headed for.
The greatest irony ... the crash symbolized what "they" did to my favorite show!!!
Avi by a former Albanian c. 1980s. I wrote the pain down, got off and looked up. Looked into your eyes. The lost open windows all around; my dark heart lit up the skies. {..} Give up the ground under your feet. Hold on to nothing for good. Turn and run at the mean times chasing you. Stand alone and misunderstood. Now that I've worn ... I've worn out the world, I'm on my knees in fascination - looking through the night. And the moon's never seen me before, but I'm reflecting light!

Last edited by KbatMO; 11-15-2007 at 10:34 PM
Old 11-15-2007, 11:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

[
It is from the Gilmore Girls 100th Episode Celebration Edition of "The Hollywood Reporter." I have 10 copies of that issue. It is the weekly edition and it is dated February 8-14, 2005.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:13 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Quote:
, but here's an article on Hollywood Reporter online from back in 2005:
Luke will kind of pine away in silence and will respect his friendship with Lorelai to the point where it causes him actual psychic pain.
Break my heart, why don't you, SP? Wow. He really got his character -- what is both tragic and endearing about him. I think I may use this in my sig at some point. Thanks, SPA, for posting.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww, thanks for posting this. I think I've never read this before.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:06 AM
Elite Fan

I have never read that before...

Quote:
"There is a similar melancholy that surrounds us both. In fact, in many ways I feel that Luke and I are true kindred spirits.
So good to read this...
Old 11-17-2007, 02:11 AM
Loyal Fan

awww.....:heart melts: thanks for posting that!
Old 11-18-2007, 10:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara99 (View Post)
I have never read that before...

So good to read this...
Makes me sad for SP that he had to let this character go in a way he didn't like.

Yvonne
Old 11-18-2007, 11:09 AM
SPA
Master Fan

I agree, Yvonne. We ought to talk to SassyPaws. She spoke to him about his charcter and she can explain better what her thoughts and his thoughts were on the future of Luke from last February. Maybe we can get her to come out and shed some light. Though his interviews post-GG pretty tell all that he thought there was room to grow for Luke and Lorelai.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I agree, Yvonne. We ought to talk to SassyPaws. She spoke to him about his charcter and she can explain better what her thoughts and his thoughts were on the future of Luke from last February. Maybe we can get her to come out and shed some light. Though his interviews post-GG pretty tell all that he thought there was room to grow for Luke and Lorelai.
I'd like that! Ms. Sassy, where are you?

Yvonne
Old 11-23-2007, 10:17 AM
SPA
Master Fan

Enjoying her Thanksgiving holiday for sure. Maybe she's traveling -- she's a traveler as well !!!