Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-30-2007, 08:49 AM
SPA
Master Fan

I've never been involved in a television show before of after GG. The Luke and Lorelai romance and story line (pre-6.08 to the end) was more real to me, than real life.
I'm always in Scott's corner.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:08 AM
Extreme Fan

Me neither; not since childhood!!! (Beautifully put, SPA!)
I really wanted to be a genie ("Jeannie") and would've settled for being a witch ("Bewitched") - very badly!!! Just BLINK! Room clean, homework done ... perfect! I also wanted to travel through space with the Robinsons "Lost in Space" was my favoritest show! I'd be living on Alpha Centauri today if it were possible, which of course it isn't because it's a star, not a planet ... which they knew!! (.. it's the nearest one to the Sun outside our solar system!) Actually - I really wanted to be the Judy Robinson - the oldest; blonde, beautiful, and in love with the handsome, brave, hot-headed, and charismatic pilot, Major West!!!

When Luke was a kid he into "Star Trek" (wore the shirt for a year!!), "Twilight Zone" (originals, of course!), and the "Outer Limits" ... but he never mentioned "Lost in Space". It's very sad. :sniff: He even watched the "Petticoat Junction" rerun marathon, as did Kirk! We never got to ask Luke if he preferred blondes, brunettes, or redheads!! He had them all! (vs. Scott - brunettes only!) I find it very difficult to believe he didn't watch "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" and "The Three Stooges"!!! I'd also like to ask Luke: "Ginger or Maryann" [to which every guy says Maryann ... while every woman expects to hear Ginger!] followed by "Maryann or Jeannie" [to which every guy says Jeannie, as expected]! Then they'll give honorable mention to Samantha ("Bewitched") and Diana Rigg in her cat suit ("The Avengers")! I was also really into Jeannie's master and astronaut, Major Nelson (Larry Hagman, JR of "Dallas", while he was gorgeous!!!!) Women's lib be hanged!
Avi by a former Albanian c. 1980s. I wrote the pain down, got off and looked up. Looked into your eyes. The lost open windows all around; my dark heart lit up the skies. {..} Give up the ground under your feet. Hold on to nothing for good. Turn and run at the mean times chasing you. Stand alone and misunderstood. Now that I've worn ... I've worn out the world, I'm on my knees in fascination - looking through the night. And the moon's never seen me before, but I'm reflecting light!

Last edited by KbatMO; 11-30-2007 at 09:15 AM
Old 11-30-2007, 09:22 AM
SPA
Master Fan

And don't forget "Pretty in Pink" because of him knowing about "Duckie" when he was talking to Kirk on his first date with Lulu (not our Lulu-Laurie).

I've got a smirk on my face imagining Luke sitting down watching Jon Cryer and Molly Ringwald. Heeheehee
Old 12-04-2007, 02:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPA (View Post)
And don't forget "Pretty in Pink" because of him knowing about "Duckie" when he was talking to Kirk on his first date with Lulu (not our Lulu-Laurie).

I've got a smirk on my face imagining Luke sitting down watching Jon Cryer and Molly Ringwald. Heeheehee
Now that would be funny!

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 12-04-2007, 08:00 AM
SPA
Master Fan

I still can't picture Luke doing that -- for what purpose would he watch Pretty in Pink???
Old 12-05-2007, 12:10 AM
Total Fan

Based on the approximate age Luke was supposed to be, Pretty in Pink would have been a popular movie when he was a teenager. If he did any dating at all, odds are he saw it and other John Hughes movies like The Breakfast Club, Weird Science, Sixteen Candles, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and Some Kind of Wonderful.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukesmom (View Post)
Based on the approximate age Luke was supposed to be, Pretty in Pink would have been a popular movie when he was a teenager. If he did any dating at all, odds are he saw it and other John Hughes movies like The Breakfast Club, Weird Science, Sixteen Candles, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and Some Kind of Wonderful.
Two theories - cannot prove either! Either he saw Pretty in Pink cause he was on a date - so he agreed to see the chick flick! OR - when Kirk rehearsed his dinner conversation with Lulu out loud over and over again ... by the end of the day, Luke knew the movie by heart without having seen it!

Some Kind of Wonderful even I got dragged to that one! (think Eric Stoltz is great, tho') When Luke asked Lorelai out on their first date "to share his very positive opinions on other aspects of her being" [can you hear me ?!!] ... Lorelai asked what they were going to do ... he said he had a few ideas ... then she began "Just so long as you're not going to...." and proceeded to recite the entire plot of SKW in 7.9 seconds without taking a breath. The look on his face/ sound in his voice when he said "okay!" signaled to me that he had no idea what she was talking about (for a change!)

Sixteen Candles - isn't that the one Lorelai rented for April's birthday party? Pretending that he's the same age as Lorelai ... for a guy, Ferris Bueller and Weird Science would've been no problem
Avi by a former Albanian c. 1980s. I wrote the pain down, got off and looked up. Looked into your eyes. The lost open windows all around; my dark heart lit up the skies. {..} Give up the ground under your feet. Hold on to nothing for good. Turn and run at the mean times chasing you. Stand alone and misunderstood. Now that I've worn ... I've worn out the world, I'm on my knees in fascination - looking through the night. And the moon's never seen me before, but I'm reflecting light!
Old 12-05-2007, 12:03 PM
SPA
Master Fan

I didn't get into that genre when I was a teenager. They were my age, but acted sooo much younger - immature. I wouldn't have had the patience for a friend who acted like that or even to go to a movie like that in the years it was filmed.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, but she's still my friend after all these years!! And she's my only long-time friend who's also into GG, Luke, Luke/Lorelai, and Scott. Pretty in Pink and Sixteen Candles have mushed in my mind into 1 movie. Ferris Bueller was funny. I really liked the Breakfast Club. Never saw Weird Science.

I like it that over time, Luke saw some great classic movies. Casablanca, My Man Godfrey, and The Philadelphia Story. 4 stars, all the way!

Then there was Pippi Longstocking. I actually remember that movie - that version. Had completely blocked it out - mind you. But I once went on a 2-week vacation as a babysitter in my early teens. (Relatives of an in-law.) The parents brought that movie on video for their 2 daughters. Both were at that age where they could watch the same movie over + over (+ over) again. When I saw the first image of Pippi in the B/W/Read movie theater, I nearly fell out of my chair. Major PTSD!!! Buit I loved it when Luke compared Rory to Pippi after the Boppit fiasco.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:11 PM
SPA
Master Fan

I saw Pippi Longstocking about a year ago, and laughed and grinned, because I felt like I was at the movie theater with Lorelai, Luke, Rory and Dean. That was definately a foreign film -- but it was cute, especially when she lifted the horse.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukesmom (View Post)
I can totally picture Luke at the theater with a girl, watching a movie he hates, but since he likes this girl (Rachel? assuming they dated long before they really got together) he is willing to watch it.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 12-07-2007, 06:57 AM
SPA
Master Fan

I still have a hard time seeing it. I can see him drawing the line somewhere -- and that's where the line will be. It's just me.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Extreme Fan

He'd have to do something to make it up to her for going with him to see StarTrek the motion pic (e.g.)
Old 12-08-2007, 04:25 PM
SPA
Master Fan

Touche, Karen. -- the "flashlight thingy"
Old 12-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Total Fan

Nitpick here: flashlight thingy would be Star Wars, not Star Trek. Please excuse my inner geek for making me clarify that.