Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

We topped the new thread, so feel free to post away!

kenny | credit
Old 04-18-2009, 08:01 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Orson may be a sexist, but Bree was the hypocrite. So, I didn't feel any sympathy for her.

Orson's life went down the toilet the moment Bree shamed him into confessing what he had done to Mike. Yet, Mike, who refused to feel any guilt over what he had done to Dave's family, gets away clean. Even worse, Bree and her first husband, Rex Van DeKamp, had covered up Andrew's manslaughter act that ended up killing Carlos' mom back in Season 1.

Until Bree confesses that little tidbit to Orson and the police, she can preach and cry about feminine empowerment all she wants. She is still a hypocrite.
I don't know if Bree is really all that hypocritical to cover up for Andrew and insist on Orson facing the music. Not to say it's right but I think most people would be more apt to cover up for a teen child than a spouse in general. Especially true if the situations are so different (the spouse intentionally tried to mow somebody down and someone ran out in front of the child's car on a dark street and the kid wasn't even completely at fault in the accident.)

With all due respect, the accident didn't kill Juanita-a fall down stairs did.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I don't know if Bree is really all that hypocritical to cover up for Andrew and insist on Orson facing the music. Not to say it's right but I think most people would be more apt to cover up for a teen child than a spouse in general. Especially true if the situations are so different (the spouse intentionally tried to mow somebody down and someone ran out in front of the child's car on a dark street and the kid wasn't even completely at fault in the accident.)

With all due respect, the accident didn't kill Juanita-a fall down stairs did.

A drunken Andrew killed Juanita Solis, not her fall down the stairs. Sorry, but that is the fact. Andrew is now an adult. If Orson has to face the consequences of his actions, so do Andrew. And Bree needs to face the consequences of covering Andrew's crimes.

I'm getting sick and tired of people making excuses for Bree, simply because she is a main character and has been on the show since the beginning. In my eyes, she is STILL a hypocrite.