Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-23-2009, 09:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Orson may be a sexist, but Bree was the hypocrite. So, I didn't feel any sympathy for her.

Orson's life went down the toilet the moment Bree shamed him into confessing what he had done to Mike. Yet, Mike, who refused to feel any guilt over what he had done to Dave's family, gets away clean. Even worse, Bree and her first husband, Rex Van DeKamp, had covered up Andrew's manslaughter act that ended up killing Carlos' mom back in Season 1.

Until Bree confesses that little tidbit to Orson and the police, she can preach and cry about feminine empowerment all she wants. She is still a hypocrite.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:36 AM
Elite Fan

Interesting opinion of Bree. I appreciate the diversity of posts/discussions.

I sorta agree with you regarding Juanita, because that was swept under the rug - so to speak. But you could also look at it as Bree's guilt from the past event caused her to provoke Orson to confess. Although, that is a bit reaching.

kenny | credit

Last edited by smoothaise; 03-23-2009 at 09:49 AM
Old 03-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I sorta agree with you regarding Juanita, because that was swept under the rug - so to speak. But you could also look at it as Bree's guilt from the past event caused her to provoke Orson to confess. Although, that is a bit reaching.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy that. Bree and Rex had committed a crime. I don't see how Bree forcing Orson to confess to his . . . and suffer the consequences, is supposed to make up for her crime. I don't buy it.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Elite Fan

Like I said it's a bit reaching. I'm leaning towards your side. But honestly Orson did deserve to do the time when you do the crime. So I feel like Orson shrugging it off showed a unflattering side to his character. This whole season seems to be a destruction of the character we've been introduced to.

kenny | credit
Old 03-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Elite Fan

Ouch, Edie's death was way more graphic than I expected.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Elite Fan

If you think about it, Dave still killed Edie since it was the wedding ring that basically led to her demise, with the electrocution. And just like last season's Tornado episode - they are going to give Edie a send-off at the beginning of the episode, which I'm glad - I saw Susan shares some words with her.

kenny | credit
Old 03-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
But honestly Orson did deserve to do the time when you do the crime. So I feel like Orson shrugging it off showed a unflattering side to his character.

And Bree? What about her? Doesn't she and Andrew have to pay the price for their crimes? Bree was so intent on being morally superior to Orson that she completely ignored what she, Rex and Andrew had done. She and Rex had covered up Andrew's killing of Carlos' mother. She had no right to act morally superior to Orson. It's okay for Orson to suffer the consequences for his actions, but not Bree and Andrew? Oh please! I lost all respect for her the day she strong-armed Orson into confessing his crime, without bothering to reveal her own crime. She's a hypocrite.

If Marc Cherry goes through with this crap by destroying Orson's character, while allowing Bree and Andrew to walk away free, I will stop watching this show. If there is one thing I dislike more than anything, it is hypocrisy. Even in regard to fictional characters.

Last edited by DR76; 03-23-2009 at 12:39 PM
Old 03-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Elite Fan

Technically they didn't kill Juanita, but I see your point.

I didn't love how she pushed him to do that - I agree. It was almost the beginning of the end for them. I knew when he came back from Prison, things weren't going to be smooth sailing. He would have the resentment towards her.

Who else thought Orson was going to rob Edie's house - which would've shown him witness Dave strangle her? I totally was shocked it turned out to be a random old woman's house.

kenny | credit
Old 03-24-2009, 05:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved the episode! I am loving this season

Gaby/Tom were HILARIOUS.

Carlos still bores me. LOL. Lynette was hilarious!

Loved the Edie stuff. I like how they ended the episode, because I wasnt expecting that at all I thought Dave was gonna kill her.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I honestly don't know why people are bringing up what Bree and Rex did it was Season 1 this is Season 5 this should not be brought up. It was Andrew's fault for getting drunk that night and driving YES but Bree and Rex didn't want Andrew going to jail so they covered it up. If it was your child wouldn't you want to protect he/she too.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 03-24-2009, 07:21 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, and they did the same thing with Danielle when she was pregnant. It's all about doing the best you can for your children, ITA.

kenny | credit
Old 03-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by no limits (View Post)
If you think about it, Dave still killed Edie since it was the wedding ring that basically led to her demise, with the electrocution. And just like last season's Tornado episode - they are going to give Edie a send-off at the beginning of the episode, which I'm glad - I saw Susan shares some words with her.
I moreso thought that Dave killed her by being the one that made her leave so quickly instead of the ring thing. But what you said makes sense too
Old 03-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Elite Fan

Well Orson made her crash - if you wanna get technical.

kenny | credit
Old 03-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, yeah, but she wouldn't have been driving upset like that if Dave hadn't tried to kill her, if you want to be even more technical
Old 03-24-2009, 06:58 PM
Elite Fan

Touche Julie I underestimated you

kenny | credit